Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I'd say that too, but " Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence." --- Hanlon's Razor
    Incompetence is something I'd very rarely attribute to Blizzard. Although Diablo 3's buggy launch had me wondering until they fixed it with RoS.

I think the entire ground-only design(and all it's various aspects, gimmicks, and attempts to avoid better methods) are deliberate. If we were only talking about WoD I might say it was just incompetence. But two expansions in a row? That's a pattern of behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I would 100% love this kind of feature. I think Blizzard have kind of shot themselfs in the foot by having some mounts have extra features, while they are absent from most of all mounts. If you could choose 1 feature out of many to be put onto your mounts, it would increase diversity in mount use and open up for a new collection system.
    What would you think of a Pathfinder-like system where your mounts start out with only the basic movement we have now, but then had other abilities that could be unlocked as you progressed through various achievements or challenges around the expansion? Think of things like unlocking artifact skin challenges we're seeing right now, or the Green Fire quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I LOL'd!

It does look pretty ridiculous as a horse, but what if it was a spider(AQ Battletank?), or lizard? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Get rid of the Dazed effect.
    Definitely this. Also, adding several more ground mounts dropping from old content raids would be cool (like from Black Temple for example), or from some old mountless 5 man dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well they wanted to, but the community uproar was so bad they had to go back on it.
    They should follow the Diablo 3 balancing methodology of "instead of nerfing something, buff everything else".
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    They should follow the Diablo 3 balancing methodology of "instead of nerfing something, buff everything else".
    lol that would get outta hand real quick
    also fixed your signature for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Make waterwalking a buff that all mounts can get, that way new expansions aren't water strider or GTFO until you unlock flight.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Only suggestion is to increase the swim speed. Still a movement penalty while in water but let's say the movement penalty is something like 10-20%. This would have the added bonus of making water striders less desirable.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

underground mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Mount battles. Give them combat abilities so you can battle other players riding their mounts, similar to pet battles. Would be fun.
    That sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Mount battles. Give them combat abilities so you can battle other players riding their mounts, similar to pet battles. Would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    That sounds cool.
    Um...you guys DID play the argent tournament back in WotLK, right?

They could start by not being cheapos and stop reskinning/recoloring the same models again and again and again.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2017-04-23 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post

more like the great thing about wow was before they were in the game and we had real time travel, you interacted with the world and other players instead of floating over everything to your objectives comfortably playing a single player game. The great thing about WoW was when it focused on the journey not the destination
    Oh please. Wrath and MoP were the best expansions and they both had flying. Flying does not hurt the game poor development does.

Give them wings? Have anyone done that joke in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Make waterwalking a buff that all mounts can get, that way new expansions aren't water strider or GTFO until you unlock flight.
    Another good suggestion. I don't even have a strider because I get the impression it's a pain in the ass to get. Something about fishing.

Give flying mounts a stamina bar which you can only fill by using your ground mount.
    Genius!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I do not agree.
    I never understood that. Why would the journey be any fun? Driving to and from work is hardly the best part of my day just as riding to a quest area is boring as heck.
    The faster and less annoying you can make that ride the better the game.
    so by that logic you think questing is the fun part of playing wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    no dazed

speed increase, maybe 50%
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

There is nothing wrong with the way ground mounts work right now base line 100% speed increase but would anyone else think a gallop button would be cool similar to Epona from Legend of Zelda. It could increase your speed by larger amount than 100% for a few seconds and make riding mounts more interesting. Im doing the mana saber dalaran daily and you go faster by riding straight and avoiding taking too many turns. Thats another way it could be made more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Maybe something like you travel with X% speed, but cannot be unmounted or dazed. Then you have an action button with whom you can travel Y% speed, but mobs (or even damage) can daze you.
    ehh that daze thing is kinda boring.. id rather mounts are more fun and interactive than the same with some boring buff..

- - - Updated - - -

cos flying sucks lol

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know how you could be against it. you have 100% speed right now or 120% speed probably. what if you have an action bar button that increased your mount speed by 50% for a few seconds u wouldnt take it? its all gain
    Terrible ideas. If you have a button that recharges and makes you faster for a little bit, it makes riding at normal speeds feel very unrewarding. Buttons like this are cancer. One speed all the time every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    underground mounts
    Seconded. If they ever have cavernous zones I'd like to see some rock creatures added (Rocky version of the basilisk mount, perhaps?)
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    so by that logic you think questing is the fun part of playing wow?
    Not really, but traveling to and from a quest sure is not the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Um...you guys DID play the argent tournament back in WotLK, right?
    Yes, and I was picturing something totally different, like pet battles. Each mount would have different abilities and be able to level up, etc. No I don't mean a turn-based carbon copy of pet battles either.
    Last edited by hablix; 2017-04-23 at 05:24 PM.