Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Taking the pain killers they loaded me up with after *both* of my motorcycle accidents. To be fair, my injuries were extremely severe both times... but still, the stuff is effectively heroin in pill form.

To be fair I was in legitimately horrendous pain, which is generally the case when you snap/shatter bones, but the aftermath of the medication is just terrible. I think I'd rather go through broken bones again than opiate withdrawals, it's just the worst feeling I've ever had. The worst part is that they told me they'd design a program for me to ensure it's no problem when it's time to come off; never happened, one day I was just told "this is your last one". Oops!

If you get hurt, as fun as pain killers can be, don't take them for more than like a week straight (at the LONGEST) unless you absolutely need them to be able to function. It's just not worth it -- I promise you that dealing with the physical pain a bit more right now due to having less painkilling power in your blood will be a lot better in the long run than dealing with the effects of popping those pills every day for 9 months.

Edit: If your curious, here's a picture of me on the ground after my SECOND motorcycle crash, where a woman ran a red light. You can only see one of my injuries - my wrist, which had been both dislocated and broken in several places, and also had tendons/ligaments torn and whatever else. You should feel fortunate you can't see anything else.

Zoom in on my wrist:
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/34gnatg.jpg

BEFORE CLICKING THE ABOVE LINK, A DISCLAIMER! -- While I would not call this "NSFW", it is a picture of an injury and you can see a limb at a strange angle (ie, broken). It's not grotesque by any means but if you're super sensitive or have small kids around you or something, this is just a heads up (there is no blood or anything and it is not a compound (open) fracture). In addition, you've got to zoom in to really see it so it's not going to "jump out" at you or anything. I just want to make sure nobody can act shocked or surprised when they click this and see a picture of an injury -- you know what it's going to be, this is me telling you, if you don't want to see it then don't click.

Honestly, it's really not that bad. In terms of being "gory" it's not that bad at all -- it's just a kind of "that hurts just to look at!" thing.

Here's a FUN FACT! See that bone at the top of my wrist, the one that looks broken and sticking out and like it's about to pop out of my skin? That bone is NOT BROKEN! It's completely straight and where it should be; the end of it has just dislocated out of my wrist. The bone on the BOTTOM side of my arm is the one that's broken, entirely snapped in half. So, look at my forearm and that top bone and remind yourself that my arm is perfectly straight as it should be; effectively, my hand snapped off the end of my forearm-bones and is DANGLING down 3-4 inches lower than it should be, with the bone on the bottom side of my forearm just snapped in half and to pieces.

When you look at it it really looks like that top bone is broken and sticking up... but when you force yourself to realize that that bone is where it SHOULD be and the HAND is out of place, I dunno, I thought it was pretty crazy.
    Gloves save wrists. It's their purpose. God i hate people who ride motorcycles with no gear then complain about getting hurt when crashing.

Deleted
    Remove the mystical mumbo-jumbo involving fairies and invisible granpas in the sky and it's just turning off a light. If you want for a reason not to do it don't look at mystical mumbo-jumbo, think rather of the pain you will leave for others to deal with.

On topic, regrets. Hmm... Bad choices, yes, but no regrets. I would not magically correct what I did since what I did had reasons to have happened as they did.

At 16 I didn't want to do hard work, dropped out of high school and ended up procrastinating a LOT. I had a dream, but I just tunnel visioned it, and waved away any thoughts of finding a reliable career to stick to until I achieved my dream. This meant dropping out of courses my parents signed me up for because they "weren't for me".

I'm now 20, and I've wasted 4 years of my life as a result. But recently I've started studying for a career that I don't mind doing, and I've started taking strides towards my dream because I got off my ass and did something about it. I still have a bit of a problem with procrastination, but I'm doing a lot better now.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Jayburner is that you?

Also i got so many regrets MMO champ doesnt have the server capacity to list them all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    try kratom like i did it will change your life trust me

Saying "wut?" instead of ducking like they were yelling to do.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

My greatest regret is creating an account on mmo-champion.
    /thread
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I've tinned down the details as a few mention sex, I'd probably still call it NSFW

First year uni, I went on a tinder date, ended up dating her for a year. I can be man enough to admit I hadn't had sex up until that date night, plenty of relationships and fun just never sex. So I jumped at the point when she asked if we wanted to go for a 2nd date 3rd so on so forth.

Thing is, I never actually saw her as anything but a bit of fun, where as she was heads over heels declaring undying love from week three. I never once told her I loved and towards the end she was getting more fanatic about it, she even told a friend of mine "I've only bought him GTA V so he stays with me a bit longer <Insert friends comment> Yea I'm basically manipulating him".

It did hit easter and I was ready to finish it, but I just kept thinking maybe a few more weeks might change something. She went home for easter and got annoyed one night because I had gone out with a friend and not told her I was going after 2 hours of facebook message spam about lying and bollocking she sent a message saying "I don't know where this relationship is going, you need to decide what you want" and the likes, at which point I said we should end it, immediately got a phone call crying, apologizing, can't go on without me. The full guilt trips and it worked, I said fine, we'll talk when your back. We never did.

End of year, I did finish it and it is one of the hardest moments I've ever had to do in my life and I didn't even see her as anything beyond a friend it was insane. But I knew I made the right call when she said on the phone, I know you don't love me, I know you never will, but please stay with me, I don't care I just need to be with you.

Anyways more light hearty ones:

Had the chance to pop the cherry when I was 18 with a beautiful 17 year old girl on a Spanish beach, She had everything in all the right places and probably what started my obsession with ginger haired women. We were both drunk, both getting down to it, I can't emphasize how excited I was and nervous, I was never popular, good looking or anything, and I have this girl ready for everything. Anyways I shit bricks when I was holding her backside while kissing, but I literally thought I was on the outside of the dress turns out I wasn't. I thought I'd be in so much shit (at this point I thought we were just kissing, cause? Well thats how every single relationship had gone up to that point). It went a bit further, she then turned around and gave the go ahead for the deed saying it was her first time, followed up by me saying I don't have a condom, followed by her saying don't worry just pull out, its fine if its both our first times. Needless to say immediate panic and I didn't go through with the deed, So much regret.

Another woman one, we were in college, I was 22, all m friend group all hit 18 during the same month, so we had a party at our mates, who like me was a mature student. Anyways, a few extra people turn up, all went and bought their own drinks from the shops, all having a good time, and out of no where everyone was getting with each other. I got with this black haired petite girl, stunning girl, anyways, we didn't have sex but we messed around with everything else, her slightly tipsy, me relatively sober. So everything is good right

This is where it gets bad, so bad. We did the fun parts and I really, really wish I could be a bit more descriptive for the hilarious factor, but I can't on this website. Needless to say, it involved the side of the fridge, next to the bin and counter tops next to fruit bowls... And it get's worse the next day I'm getting shit off everyone, and I mean everyone that was there, no idea why. We're both talking about going for a proper date, but after leaving shes making a proper fuss about love and the likes. So I said politely to her, look I think your great, you look great and I'd like to go on a date, but honestly if you tell me right now it was a drunken mistake I won't mind, I'm not a kid in puppy love with you. She texts back and says great, lets meet at mine. Anyways fast forward to Monday and my flat mate decides to tell me why everyone is laughing at my expense, turns out this girl was 16 and she just lost her virginity the week before, needless to say I told her we'd have to cancel and it wasn't appropriate, the only thing I don't regret from this is not doing the deed with her

[spoiler] Another, I had the opportunity to go to a nice university when I finished college (first college, the above one was the 2nd save any confusion) at 18, to do a Comp Sci degree, the degree was computer forensic science or something, basically it was data recovery for the police, pretty much guaranteed job when you graduate. I decided I didn't want to go to uni so I didn't, needless to say while I am happy now, age wise it's put me at a massive disadvantage.

Speaking of degrees, when I finished the 2nd college, I decided I did want to go to uni and do herpetology, (what I'm specilizing into now with parasitology), so off I went and in third year I highly regretted doing zoology, not because I don't enjoy it, as I do I'm also pulling decent grades. But I'm looking at coming out and if I'm not extremely lucky, I won't get into the job I'd want, I should of done computer sci basically we know people literally graduating with 40% overall (thats the bare minimum and you get a third class degree) and walking into 32k jobs a year as a start

Honestly - none. I don't have regrets because to me there is no such thing as a right or wrong decision - I accept the consequences of my actions and the state of my general preparedness when I was faced with the problem and move on.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not spending more time with my kids when they were very young. Once those years are gone, they are gone forever. My kids and I have a great relationship and we spend time together now on occasion, but of course they are adults and have their own lives to live. But it is one of the very few things if I could do over, I would have done it differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Your biggest regret? How are you changing it?

Op cant start a thread with a question like this and not share his/her own.

You go first OP

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Honestly - none. I don't have regrets because to me there is no such thing as a right or wrong decision - I accept the consequences of my actions and the state of my general preparedness when I was faced with the problem and move on.
    There a lot of wrong decisions we can make in life. The consequences could be years in a life of poverty, prison, a shorten life or death. There may not be a move on scenario.

No regrets. Don't look at the past, look at the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    Learning far too late in life that it really is who you know and not what you know..
    Anyone bothering reading this far in a thread and is young enough to do it now network the shit out of college/university as it will lead to better things than being the cool loner type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There a lot of wrong decisions we can make in life. The consequences could be years in a life of poverty, prison, a shorten life or death. There may not be a move on scenario.
    That's how I view things. I believe in lawful and unlawful decisions but not right or wrong, unless you are causing harm to others or breaking the law. I do make distinctions between financially-beneficial and financially-destructive but not what is right or wrong.

I will give you an example. Today I can go out and sign a loan for 5000 BGN so that I can go on a vacation to New Zealand. This is a financially-destructive decision on my part because it won't help to make more money - it's a pure expense. However, it's neither right, nor wrong. On one hand I will have the two best weeks of my life - I will get a visit an unfamiliar part of the world, do surfing, scuba dive, the whole shebang. On the other, I will have to give up my morning coffee, my vacation plans for the next 3 years and my birthday for this year.

As an addendum, the only time you could talk to me about right or wrong decisions is in the context of a given problem only when you desire a certain outcome. If your methodology isn't lining up with your goals, then you have, by definition failed. Now it's up to you to determine whether failure will only be a temporary state or your c/b analysis suggests that it is better to scrap the thing altogether.
    Last edited by Triks; 2017-04-23 at 12:39 PM.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    not having important knowledge of medicine and nutrition since the age of 3 because doctors are retarded and can t do anything

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not having enough money to do the stuff I wanted to.
    Too late to change it, my health is too badly gone and not repairable due to - wait for it, lack of money.

TLDR - bad RNG
    I'm not sure you want to talk about this, but I'm really curious what happened and why money was an issue?

Not sure this counts but my biggest must being born so early in human history, we still struggle to much with understanding what is going on around us and have to many negative traits we fail or even bother try to control properly like fear, greed, selfishness and so on.

Deleted
    Listening to really loud music and getting tinnitus, constant annoying sound in both my ears, at least you get used to it.

400 euros on Heroes of the Storm.

Deleted
    First thing that came to my mind is the love of my life. I got caught up with alcoholism, drugs and some other scary stuff. My love had no other choice but to leave me after long-fought struggle. I will never forgive myself for that. Ehh, OP, why would you do this to me and remind me of all that

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Right. But other then self pity there's no point in pondering "What if"'s, as we cannot make these decisions again and rewind.

More useful to try and think in the now and the future and plan ahead what decisions you'll make going forward.

It sure feels great to wallow in what could've been but it does you absolutely no favors.