Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    One person calling you an idiot could be an expression of rape culture. It could also not. There are so many variables that I can't see here I can't give you an answer. Are they calling you an idiot because you messed up? Are they calling you an idiot even when you did well in order to abuse and demean you? Are they calling you an idiot because they're an asshole? Are they an asshole to you because they've been trained to treat women as lesser people? Some of these are expressions of rape culture, some of them are not.
    How about you tell me which ones are rape culture and we go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

If only people didn't pay attention to this kind of dumb shit it would've been over already.
    11 Pages eh?

Not all attempts to control you are rape culture, but rape culture is always an attempt to control.
    And I bet everybody knows what that Venn diagram looks like. One big circle with "Is the 'victim' female", surrounded by another big circle that says "Rape Culture".

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it's a column on the Higher Ed site, called "conditionally accepted". I think their site contains every single pronoun you can think of: https://www.insidehighered.com/users...nally-accepted

This is a goldmine for trolls, jezus christ..
    Last edited by Arenis; 2017-04-23 at 09:56 AM.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Deleted
    I put people who believe in rape culture in the west in the same basket as flat earther's etc.

As for the teacher i don't have much if any sympathy for her in this case. What should we do just remove all references to rape crimes and it's effects from syllabuses? Should courts of law not Trial those accused of rape in case a lawyer on the case was raped?

But then i suppose it just proves the difference between those who call themselves victims and those who call themselves survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why does she need sacking, she expressed her genuine opinion - admitted openly that it was probably based on her trauma etc and didn't take any action and knew it wasn't actually him.

Or do you prefer some humans just bottle up emotion and go on rampages and kill a class of students 5 years down the track.

We don't punish people for thoughts... that's the beginning of the end.
    If the Trauma has such an affect on her she needs psychiatric help, she should not be in a position where she is the teacher of potentially several dozen people who fit her rapists profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Naw its so slick assholes like Obama can get on TV and say "i'm bringing the troops home" when all they are doing is pairing a troop cut with a contractor surge, all of whom are recently retired military. At least my friend is getting paid $200k to do the exact same job he did for $40k or something when he was there last year.

I'm happy my friend is making that money because it's going to enable him and his wife to start a real great life together. but the entire situation is bullshit and he knows it. He was suppoawd to have a nice analyst desk job here but the change in administrations and the pointless federal hiring freeze got his paperwork all fucked up for that.

It was basically go to war or collect unemployment until the Pentagon unfucks itself so he could start here. God bless america.

Shit like this is one reason I viscerally detest the alt-right losers who post threads like this. This country has actually serious issues about war and peace and they want to have a discussion about their she hate target du jour like.that at all matters.

If more people like them actually cared about good government and didn't tolerate such a fucked situation just because it "upsets leftists" or whatever meaningless bullshit that lives in their heads, maybe people like my friend wouldn't be leaving their life here, for the third time, in a war this country hasn't cared for in over a decade.
    I hear you. Hope your friend makes it back alright. But I'm afraid your message won't go through to the people you're addressing. They enjoy fucking shit up for the drama of it way too much. I suspect half the supporters don't know anything about the issues, let alone care about them. They just want to see dramatic shit on TV.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If the Trauma has such an affect on her she needs psychiatric help,
    So - rape victims should be locked away in a room so as not to cause offense ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the professor is a liar. The only rape culture that exists is the hysteria by feminists who think it exists.

Sounds like the student was a little shit head. It sounds like the student is part of that breed of human who just has to be controversial at every turn, not because he really believes what he says, but because he is lonely, and such topics trigger people, and get him attention.

It's what most of the Trump supporters are like. Lonely, unsociable, computer people listening to True Capitalist Radio and getting angry at the world.

America is sick.

Deleted
    That is an odd conclusion to make from that quote.

Deleted
    I already did. The resource was self-determination. When a rapist forces sex upon someone, they strip them of their self-determination.
    this is about of a reach but sure.
    It is a resource many cultures strip from women on a daily basis, insisting they must be defined by their looks,
    their husband, their children, their sexual partners and not by what the woman wants to be defined by.
    Insisting is not requiring.
    I do not give a fuck what others think of me, but i don't go around pretending society has any obligation whatsofucking ever to cater to my desires.
    Sexual rape is a method of control, used to take away the self-determination of another, to define them by what the rapist did to them.
    no its not this is just fucking nonsense.
    Rape culture is a method of control, used to take away the self-determination of another and instead define them by what the culture believes they should be defined as. Victims. Objects. Possessions. Lesser persons.
    congratulations you have just defined it so vague as to lack any meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There's offence and then there's being in a position to cause people to fail their education because she can't control herself.

Deleted
    I'm somewhat terrified of the possible answer I may receive, but I'm going to risk it and say: well why don't you explain to me "how rape happens" then?
    their resistance has to be futile.
    Its perfectly possible to a rape a person who loudly objects and resists.
    Indeed, that is what makes it a crime in many jurisdictions.

i think to be a "professor" in america you just have to be a woman to who hates men? ok sure you can teach gender studies and mind fuck everyone, this future is bright people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Sounds like the student was a little shit head. It sounds like the student is part of that breed of human who just has to be controversial at every turn, not because he really believes what he says, but because he is lonely, and such topics trigger people, and get him attention.

It's what most of the Trump supporters are like. Lonely, unsociable, computer people listening to True Capitalist Radio and getting angry at the world.

America is sick.
    because its impossible for someone to genuinely believe the things in the paper?
    I mean I agree with what was in the paper, but you are asserting that it must have been so wrong as to preclude serious suggestion?
    to whit maybe you should look up flat earthers.

wow. WTF! This person is unfit to teach or grade papers. The dude did his homework... who the fuck knew she had some sort of PTSD from a rape that happened to her in the past. She needs to lose her job asap. That person has no business deciding on students futures and should see a therapist, and if she is already, then she needs to see more therapists.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    because its impossible for someone to genuinely believe the things in the paper?
    I mean I agree with what was in the paper, but you are asserting that it must have been so wrong as to preclude serious suggestion?
    to whit maybe you should look up flat earthers.
    But the thing is, I compare Flat Earthers to college students who choose to write a controversial paper quoting "Men's Rights" groups...

But then again I don't live in your crazy country, and I am finding out in the recent years just how many Stereotypes are in fact true.

I think your people are also finding this out. The hard way.

Deleted
    But the thing is, I compare Flat Earthers to college students who choose to write a controversial paper quoting "Men's Rights" groups...
    because men doesn't have or deserve rights?
    And again, you are arguing that he couldn't think those things, but only said them to be an edgelord.
    But then again I don't live in your crazy country, and I am finding out in the recent years just how many Stereotypes are in fact true.

In case you needed enlightening, Europe, is not in the US.

Deleted

Thats funny, i compare feminists to flat earthers..