Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How could it be less known? Why would less people know about it now than in the past? Did people forget about a whole game?
    Back in the days, the kids knew WoW, the teachers did. Now nobody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    My warlock hit 110 last week. 1 hours later it had 26 AK and the weapon was @ 35 unlocked traits and I could unlock the rest of the tree. AP research is catch-up as well so my alts gain AK-levels faster than my main atm.

If you consider it too much of a "gate", then that's probably behind your issues being accepted for endgame content. It's quick-as-fuck to catch up to an acceptable level. After that, you'll just have to prove that you're the type of player worth investing in for a guild.
    I don't have any "alts," I had been playing the same character since I started and quit at level 106. How fast alts gain Artifact Knowledge is useless to me.

My warlock hit 110 last week. 1 hours later it had 26 AK and the weapon was @ 35 unlocked traits and I could unlock the rest of the tree. AP research is catch-up as well so my alts gain AK-levels faster than my main atm.

If you consider it too much of a "gate", then that's probably behind your issues being accepted for endgame content. It's quick-as-fuck to catch up to an acceptable level. After that, you'll just have to prove that you're the type of player worth investing in for a guild.
    Well, TBF, he'll need to spend ~2-3 days farming 12k+ OHR to get AK25, if he has literally 0 OHR atm and his AK level is 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    I don't have any "alts," I had been playing the same character since I started. How fast alts gain Artifact Knowledge is useless to me.
    Catch-up mechanics remain the same regardless of what YOU consider the character as...

WoW (and MMOs in general) just don't hold the spotlight for online games with broad appeal, because other genres/games have come in and done a better job of it. MMOs in general sorta rely a lot on being an "online multiplayer timesink", and MOBAs/modern FPS games are just way better at being a timesink that doesn't get old. Traditional singleplayer or campaign multiplayer games (think Mass Effect/Dark Souls/Monster Hunter/etc) tend to walk all over MMOs when it comes to quality of experience, too. WoW exists in a weird void where it's still riding decently well off an MMO monopoly and a big brand/reputation, but it's not ubiquitous with online gaming anymore, and it's unlikely to ever regain that kind of status.

They're doing reasonably well with the repeated updates to a husk of an old game, but WoW has a ton of structural problems that it just can't fix. Hopefully it eventually gets to the point where they feel compelled to replace it with a new game, because that's the best way to deal with WoW's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Mental gymnastics aplenty. Nobody knows about this game in a world where it's quite impossible to stay ignorant even on topics one has no interest in.

OP has also spoken to every single person on the planet to come to his conclusion. Quite the dedication!

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

How is this going to help new players cacthing up????
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    So? This is different from <Insert random console> ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    New gen kids are playing their 10 minute matches of FPS games/MOBAs. Let them stay there. Same people who log on to do dailies/WQS and complain about nothing else to do (they ignore everything else, it takes too long!11one)

TV? What's that? The thing you play console games on right? Netflix/Prime video replace "tv" for a lot of people these days.
    Oh yes the new generation known for their love of games that take no attention span like Minecraft........ Oh wait that argument is as full of shit as it was 30 years ago when people were complaining about short form episodic TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post

They're doing reasonably well with the repeated updates to a husk of an old game, but WoW has a ton of structural problems that it just can't fix. Hopefully it eventually gets to the point where they feel compelled to replace it with a new game, because that's the best way to deal with WoW's issues.
    Yes, let's alienate every dedicated player and risk a source of income which made 800 million USD on a bad year because someone thinks "WoW has issues that can't be solved"...

Meanwhile, WoW is 12+ years old with renewed force and at the very least 3 more expansions in the making. If WoW's "issues" comes down to it just being the game that it is according to certain people, then that's not the crowd to try and appeal to.

Game plays the same - No shit Sherlock, you'll always be using a keyboard and mouse to play this computer game. To say that they haven't changed mechanics of gameplay and even such things as animations, is retarded though.

Game has issues - Which ones? It still runs on a potato as well as a new setup. It been having smoother releases of new content this expansion than ever before.

It looks outdated - Not in newer content it doesn't. The art style is timeless, and trying to argue that they haven't updated and improved upon the visuals in terms of HD is to deny fact.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-23 at 04:02 PM.

Simple as that. Plenty of places i notice lately, when there is a WoW reference or picture, nobody seems to know it.
    Not even the simple WoW cinematics some still wonder what game it is.

The new generation right now has no clue what WoW is.

Blizzard can easily get new subs from the newer generation by just advertising ALOT on TV etc. Yet they do not.

I feel like Blizzard is abandoning the game itself bit by bit, just realising this after seeing newer generation not knowing WoW.
    ofc - wow is nearly 14 years old game - whole generation was born after its release - ofc they wouldnt know some lame old game with antic grpahics - does it really surprise you ?

truth is for blizz its time to slowly prepare game for maitnance mode

thb it wouldnt surprise me if legion was wow's last expansion

Catch-up mechanics remain the same regardless of what YOU consider the character as...
    It's a simple question: Do I want to play a game revolved around farming Artifact Power.

Answer: No.

Unless it's capped and they do a catch-up so that you can reach cap quickly to actually play the game without having to constantly focus on leveling up your weapon that you throw away completely at the end of the expansion, I have absolutely zero interest in playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Then tell me how to advertise. Since Online advertisement is already being done.
    I assume you are older then me.
    Than*

Neither of my little brothers (in your "new generation") watch TV, basically ever. Hell, most people I know my age basically never does. Why do you think you know better than a multi billion dollar tech company about how to advertise?
    Then*

Not sure why you tried to correct that..

Google trends on "World of Warcraft" seems to agree:

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I seriously don't think the problem is adds though.
    have you tried leveling a character on wow? how much of a pain it is? I mean if we were still on 2010 it would possibly be fine, but now? Fuck. The "Free-trial" basically convinces you NOT to play WoW imo, because you realize how outdated and poop the game is

It's a simple question: Do I want to play a game revolved around farming Artifact Power.
    Sounds horrible, thankfully I play World of Warcraft where there is no farming required any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    have you tried leveling a character on wow? how much of a pain it is?
    Pretty trivial these days... can even buy all the way to 100 if you want.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderGryphon View Post
    Then*

Not sure why you tried to correct that..
    "I assume you are older then me" - than*

I corrected it because it's wrong, and such a common mistake that doing it today is funny.

Answer: No.

Unless it's capped and they do a catch-up so that you can reach cap quickly to actually play the game without having to constantly focus on leveling up your weapon that you throw away completely at the end of the expansion, I have absolutely zero interest in playing.
    Then you just don't want to play the game. I don't play this game revolved around farming AP, and I'm raiding Mythic just fine. Most people don't play it the "must-farm-AP-because-I'm-competitive-in-my-mind!!!!!"-way.

Doesn't mean others wouldn't want to play it as well. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Oh yes the new generation known for their love of games that take no attention span like Minecraft........ Oh wait that argument is as full of shit as it was 30 years ago when people were complaining about short form episodic TV.
    New generations always lack the positive qualities of older generations. How can you not know this??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I seriously don't think the problem is adds though.
    have you tried leveling a character on wow? how much of a pain it is? I mean if we were still on 2010 it would possibly be fine, but now? Fuck. The "Free-trial" basically convinces you NOT to play WoW imo, because you realize how outdated and poop the game is
    Blizzard isn't even trying to convince people to play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Blizzard isn't even trying to convince people to play WoW.
    I saw ads for Legion on TV before release.

Saw even more ads online though, which is where people dwell these days.