Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    would love old zones being levelscaled. Don't really think they need to revamp zones except maybe the 1-60 cataclysm zones as their so devisive story zones.
    Mostly the zones just need levelscaled with hopefully a new questreward system and they could just bump up the textures quality. Maybe redo a few terrain and tree textures.

redoing terrain and vegetation textures does wonders for the look of a zone.

They already talked before about the option to let you choose to level through Outland or Northrend, like a pick and choose leveling experience, to go up to Cata content. I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded on it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I doubt that they will spend resources to revamp old-ass expansions. If anything, they will make both Outland and Northrend skippable with level scaling in Azeroth and I support this.
    I would never skip Outland leveling, I like that place. Northrend though can go back from whence it came. Boring Tundra and Yawning Fjord are dull as heck. Dragonblight is a blight upon WoW's existence. Then it takes a turn for the good with Grizzly Hills and Sholozar Basin, then goes back to Dreary McDrearface with either Storm Peaks or IceCrown. I'd happily skip Northrend leveling if it means not stepping on to Boring Tundra or Yawning Fjord ever again. Which makes me sad that the PRe-Expansion Invasion event stopped when the expansion launched. That was a crazy good way to level up.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    as long as we can still access the old versions of the zone, my biggest gripe with Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not only are you wrong, but you'd also have no idea about how much of a gain it is. Cataclysm's Azeroth revamp changed FAR from everything, creating a new Azeroth from scratch would NOT have been the same. But coming to that conclusion requires thinking.

I've seen several of your posts - I think it best I don't take your tips too much to heart. Especially when it's an insult that advises me to not insult.
    It was not an insult at all. Try reading it again.
    I'm glad you're following my posts though.

I don't think I'm wrong at all but if you can give us any proof, that would be great.

You seem dead sure about you knowing absolutely everything about everything. It's fine though. Most kids think they know how the world works. You'll learn in time, I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I don't agree. It's better than having 99% of the content of the game be irrelevant because you're past the level for which it's meant. If everything in the game right now scales to level 110, at least as an option, being able to choose when entering a zone whether to enter the max level version or not, and if there were world quests everywhere in the game, I think the game would be better and it would be more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Revamping the old areas wouldn't take just as long, that is ridiculous. You would already have a basis to start with.

Also I like the irony of you insulting him as pathetic for using insults.
    What basics would that be and what insults would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I would never skip Outland leveling, I like that place. Northrend though can go back from whence it came. Boring Tundra and Yawning Fjord are dull as heck. Dragonblight is a blight upon WoW's existence. Then it takes a turn for the good with Grizzly Hills and Sholozar Basin, then goes back to Dreary McDrearface with either Storm Peaks or IceCrown. I'd happily skip Northrend leveling if it means not stepping on to Boring Tundra or Yawning Fjord ever again. Which makes me sad that the PRe-Expansion Invasion event stopped when the expansion launched. That was a crazy good way to level up.
    And I, on the other hand, want to skip Outland every time I set my foot there to level further. I have done it so many times, it is so outdated in comparison to the rest of the game that I only dream to get out of here - and I know what I am saying, I have every class leveled to at least 100...
    But one way or the other, having option to skip part of the content you don't like would be good. You want to do Outland? Fine. You don't want to do Northrend? Fine as well! This is why scaling it up is awesome idea. We would both be happy I assume. Perhaps you could even sit in Outland from 60 to 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It was not an insult at all. Try reading it again.
    I'm glad you're following my posts though.

I don't think I'm wrong at all but if you can give us any proof, that would be great.

You seem dead sure about you knowing absolutely everything about everything. It's fine though. Most kids think they know how the world works. You'll learn in time, I'm sure.
    I've been around the internet a while, and do you know what kind of people I always see calling others kids? Childish and/or dumb people. Pretty much exclusively.

Also, if you don't think "you're pathetic" is an insult, you're either so bad at English that you don't realise what you wrote, or so bad at English that you don't realise it's an insult. Either way not good for you.

The king of Stormwind also explained why you're wrong, as did I. If you don't understand from those posts you'll never understand it.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-04-23 at 04:27 PM.

And then people will just complain about Blizzard recycling content. No matter how noble their intentions are.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    And I, on the other hand, want to skip Outland every time I set my foot there to level further. I have done it so many times, it is so outdated in comparison to the rest of the game that I only dream to get out of here - and I know what I am saying, I have every class leveled to at least 100...
    But one way or the other, having option to skip part of the content you don't like would be good. You want to do Outland? Fine. You don't want to do Northrend? Fine as well! This is why scaling it up is awesome idea. We would both be happy I assume. Perhaps you could even sit in Outland from 60 to 80?
    That would be a nice change of pace.

Just sit in Nagrand (old) for hours killing Ogres for Exp and Rep (even though I already did it and got the mounts), doing Netherwing Dailies for a boost of exp, and still be better than anything in Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight and every other dreary place in Northrend. Maybe once I get to lvl 74 I just go to Grizzly Hills then to Sholozar Basin, but that would be the extent of my journey through Northrend.

Which is funny that I hate dreary locations in WoW. Duskwood is one of my favorite zones and that place is the very definition of dreary. But I think it was done in a good way, the snowy areas of Northrend just look very bad from my POV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old version should stay around but if they mess with Outland/Northrend anytime soon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'd assume they'd make new areas to level in those level ranges, rather than having us go back to those places again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    One of the things I hate in old zones is how quickly you outlevel them, even without heirlooms. You end up having to do no dungeons at all, unless you want to grey out quests of an appropriate level zone before you finish 20% of it. With scaling, I could run dungeons, while striving to complete the zones. That would make it so fun. Now it feels like if you are 2-3 levels above the minimum of a zone, you should leave or you are just gimping yourself and you might as well do loremaster on your main or something at that point.
    so? its not like leveling dungeons ever were required sub 70 after wrath was released anyways. no one ever did care about leveling dungeons, no one ever really will, especially with how mind numbingly boring it is for a healer/tank these days. said it before on the wow forums and i will say it again here, the only way old zone scaling should ever work, IF they decide on it, is by xpac (all outlands scales, but caps at 70, etc), not every zone is 1-110
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You can skip all of it for the low price of $60

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I've been around the internet a while, and do you know what kind of people I always see calling others kids? Childish and/or dumb people. Pretty much exclusively.

Also, if you don't think "you're pathetic" is an insult, you're either so bad at English that you don't realise what you wrote, or so bad at English that you don't realise it's an insult. Either way not good for you.

The king of Stormwind also explained why you're wrong, as did I. If you don't understand from those posts you'll never understand it.
    I never said you were pathetic. Not once. Go back and read that post again.
    You, on the other hand, turned this into some childish rant becuase you did not agree with me. When you feel like you have to insult someone to get your point across you already lost.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I said it in another thread, the next expansion will bring us back to the old azeroth and leveling zones.
    Waiting to see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I don't agree. It's better than having 99% of the content of the game be irrelevant because you're past the level for which it's meant. If everything in the game right now scales to level 110, at least as an option, being able to choose when entering a zone whether to enter the max level version or not, and if there were world quests everywhere in the game, I think the game would be better and it would be more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Revamping the old areas wouldn't take just as long, that is ridiculous. You would already have a basis to start with.

Also I like the irony of you insulting him as pathetic for using insults.
    Then what's the point of levels at all? What's the point of gear? Just remove that stuff if you make it meaningless anyway. Why would Defias Goon pose a threat to me?

This would be awesome indeed imo... Or just add WQ everywhere in the world, so leveling alts is fun and reward gear and exp, old rep etc.

More so, I really like this beyond exalted chests - they could implement those for almost every faction in game (all the old ones) to encourage max level players to do old content WQs (scaled to our lvl ofc) and have unique pets/mounts/toys fitting for each faction to reward... But that's a lot of work of course...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Then what's the point of levels at all? What's the point of gear? Just remove that stuff if you make it meaningless anyway. Why would Defias Goon pose a threat to me?
    Level scaling is different to gear scaling and even then on the Broken Shore Gear scaling isn't a 1:1 ratio. I'm a bit curious how level scaling could work on older content but let's not misrepresent the system.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    they doesn't need any revamp. just wait for the night, put your headphone, put the graphics to max, enable the music, and visit those places. totally unnecessary to touch that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    I said it in another thread, the next expansion will bring us back to the old azeroth and leveling zones.
    Waiting to see it happening
    if only they decided to add back the old world, but I doubt they'll do it anytime soon

I seriously doubt they will... they are their own expansions.