Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    It would be much smarter to do content that rewards legendaries instead of doing such content (that barely rewards legendaries) for hours...
    If only it wasn't advertised as a way to target legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Why would you be targeting the gloves when the BIS combo in Tomb will be Wrists+Ring? The gloves are being indirectly nerfed with the new version of Thermal Void, and would also prevent you from keeping your T19 2 Piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya your statement is entirely false. The only one making something up is YOU.
    Well, I'm more like guessing but judging by the amount of bullshit they tossed out this expantion it's not unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You complain because you wasted 5 hours.

Try 24000 hours!
    Someone had 1000 days played. This doesn't include his alt.
    Are you really that... [autocensored]?

How would someone have 1000 days played targeting legendaries... thats 3 years. Legion came out in September. Really, must I point that???

Honestly, forget about targetting legendaries. Now, your goal should be to get all of them for a given spec.

-Emissary everyday. It's like 15 minutes tops.
    -Broken Shore WQs, turn in for Legionfall bags. These are essentially Broken Shore's form of Emissary bags. 20 minutes as there's typically like 6-7 a day.
    -Raid anything you feel like raiding. I typically skip ToVs because I look at time spent finding groups as part of the equation.
    -Mythic+. I may farm some from time to time. It depends on who is on, but I aim for the weekly cache for sure. You get 905 gear, along with a decent chance at legendary.
    -M+0. Do whichever ones you like. If you can hop into a world tour group, even better. Just do them. Even if you get nothing, it still increases your chance. Lower priority compared to every else.

It's been pretty consistent flow of legendaries for me. I've gotten 2 since 7.2, and have 7 total. I don't have my BiS, but I've got 3 to go. Same with my alts, who I've felt have gotten legendaries at a similar rate of content clearing. (longer period of time though as I do much less)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The tokens aren't a way to "target" a legendary though. There is nothing about tokens that make you work toward a specific legendary, only increase your chance at possibly getting a random one.
    They are a specific chance at that specific legendary. Because you target it by slot mean that you know exactly which legendary you get. That is targeting. You are choosing exactly which legendary you want on the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Like, for example. If I were to buy 10 tokens of belt and I went and did an LFR and got say, Sephuz, would an 11th belt given me a legendary? And how is it useful now that I have a legendary I wasn't targeting?
    You don't know if they're related. If you want to prove that they, in actual fact, are related, then you're going to need proof of your claim.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    Ofc, and because my bad luck protection is now back to 0, so I can try and go for another 20 glove tokens from the isle, which won't be a legendary =>that targetting system pretty much sucks
    But, you don't know that. Could be the next one. bad luck protection has NOTHING to do with when you see the legendary, that is still RNG, it just piles in higher chances to see one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, I'm more like guessing but judging by the amount of bullshit they tossed out this expantion it's not unlikely.
    In what world are you living in, that in the first expansion to ever have this much content, that Blizzard is "bullshitting"? Statements like that deny reality
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

In what world are you living in, that in the first expansion to ever have this much content, that Blizzard is "bullshitting"? Statements like that deny reality
    I never said anything about content.
    They do lie in their players faces time and time again though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I never said anything about content.
    They do lie in their players faces time and time again though.
    Sure they do sir. Yet you haven't been able to come up with one, let alone multiple, instances this expansion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Just remove bad legendaries, or let us trade in the bad once for say a fee + the crappy legendary.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by MrTastix View Post
    The easiest way to balance legendaries is to outright remove the ones with DPS-boosting effects. Some utility legendaries provide a distinct raid advantage (the WW boots come to mind) but I doubt this would cause nearly as much outrage as Prydaz instead of your BiS legendary effect.

People care because a large portion of their DPS is gated by a system they cannot control. Getting shafted by boss loot can be bad enough, but that's mitigated by the fact that not only are you far more likely to get what you want (bosses are guaranteed to drop gear, and usually not just one piece) but also that your DPS isn't entirely governed by one gear slot (barring trinkets, which have often been unbalanced).

To put it in perspective, if I replaced my 905 belt with my legendary one (Ret Paladin) I would do 47,000 more DPS. The legendary provides not only an extra 30% base stats due to it's iLevel but also gives me a DPS-boosting effect. To compare, upgrading my same belt from 905 to 925 only gives me an extra 6,000 DPS. An extra 8% in base stats.

Even if I could get a decent belt upgraded to 940 (which isn't possible) I'd still be doing around 35,000 less DPS. This might not seem like that much when we can push 1M DPS but no other item will give you as that much DPS, other than trinkets (which many people take issue with as it is).
    This. Exactly this.

Blizzard is so stuck on this garbage Legendary system, and too proud to admit that it's still broken. Seems like a theme with them this expansion.

Sure they do sir. Yet you haven't been able to come up with one, let alone multiple, instances this expansion
    About them lying? Like with the ilvl scaling, class balance and legendary system?
    There are quite a few to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    I targeted my helm, bought about 12 relinquished helms. Next legendary I got was my helm, from a wyrmtongue cache. Luck? Did buying those helms make a difference? Who knows.
    Hmm, I bought two trinkets for my offspec, not targeting a trinket legendary, just needed a decent trinket. Not long afterwards KJ's Burning Wish dropped from an emissary cache. Coincidence? No idea... Either way I was pretty happy, got my trinket problem taken care of - the relinquished trinkets I got were kinda shit.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

your not supposed to target them so yea thats why it sucks

Is complaining about Legendaries still a thing? I thought we moved on to whining about class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    If only it wasn't advertised as a way to target legendaries.
    It was advertised as such by the mmo-champion front page, I don't recall blizzard stating this (granted I could be wrong)

If they removed DPS effects from legendaries, people would cry that they didn't get their best stat stick. There will always be crying. No matter how good or bad the game or any subsystem is. Always.

On my Warlock, I gambled about 12 pairs of bracers in Demo and got garbage. I did a turn in then opened the bag and got a Prydaz. (I am at 93 total turn ins on my Warlock. I have gotten two legendaries from the bags, my Destruction Shoulders and then the Neck.)

For my Rogue, I gambled about 8 pairs of boots and got garbage. I did a turn in and got some garbage legendary belt.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-04-23 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    This doesn't mention the issue with actually "targeting" the legendary... This is just complaining that you haven't gotten it yet.

There's nothing wrong with the ability to target the legendary anymore, you're just whining that you're still having to work for it. You can target it just fine, it simply requires the work.
    I still have yet to hear of anyone getting a legendary from the relinquished token even though Blizzard confirmed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    see here is the issue with people lying on what blizz says

they specifically said this vendor is NOT to target legendaries, and is NOT a good way to farm them, being able to get legendaries from them is just a bonus, doing ANYTHING ELSE has a better chance of getting you a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content