Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's not Tony anymore, Infamous Ironman is Doctor Doom, trying to be a hero and no one is giving him the chance. It's a REALLY great run.

And they wont be sharing a book, they'll be getting their own run. I'm guessing/hoping that with them confirming Odinson isn't taking his Hammer OR Titles back, that I've been right this past year or so, and in the end of the current run, Odin will die and Odinson will ascend and become the new All-Father.

Then Jane is still rocking it as Thor; taking on Loki etc, the classic Thor villains. Then in his own book we'll have Odinson (who has become a Skyfather) taking on bigger, Cosmic forces that aren't currently being stopped (Looking at people like Galactus, Mikaboshi etc.)
    Doctor Doom lol. no thanks.

Thor is his name in my book, not a title.

if only that happens but doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

though I admit, Lady Thor looks badass af

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I know, it's... Odd. But trust me, it REALLY works. The art is great and the story is really surprising.

Thor is his name in my book, not a title.

if only that happens but doubt it.

though I admit, Lady Thor looks badass af
    Technically, yes. But after he lost the Hammer and Jane picked it up he offically "gave" her the title, and is now just calling himself Odinson. There's an upside though, since he lost the hammer he realised that holding back is for pussies, and now he's going all out.

Basically... If he ever DOES get the hammer back, everyone is fucked.

I'd really love him to become Allfather, I've been theorising it'll happen for about 18 months now... Still waiting to be proven right.

And yeah, she really does. There's a reason she's the second highest selling book Marvel have, it's a solid story and she kicks a LOT of ass. Her recent cameo in Doctor Strange was EPIC.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm not sure how you guys can keep riding out these reboots and events. I quit cold turkey with comics right around Forever Evil storyline (which I liked) and although I've been tempted many a time, I've managed to stay away. The fact that Marvel has been pissing on the x-men because of cinematic rights hasn't helped matters either.

Even though this isn't in the thread title what's a good sub service for marvel (or DC). is there just one service for each company, just with different plans? I've heard of comixology I think it is but it sounded like it was more geared to old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys can keep riding out these reboots and events. I quit cold turkey with comics right around Forever Evil storyline (which I liked) and although I've been tempted many a time, I've managed to stay away. The fact that Marvel has been pissing on the x-men because of cinematic rights hasn't helped matters either.

Even though this isn't in the thread title what's a good sub service for marvel (or DC). is there just one service for each company, just with different plans? I've heard of comixology I think it is but it sounded like it was more geared to old stuff.
    marvel unlimited gives you access to every comic marvel makes and most of their back catalog with the exception of new titles being gated by 6 months after release (however if you havent read comics in awhile this wont really affect you as you'll still get new monthly releases you havent read yet) the only downside is maybe being spoiled from time to time or not being able to take part in discussion on comic boards but i mean.. comic book companies spoil themselves 90% of the time anyway whenever they announce events

dc doesnt have any sort of unlimited version and keeps saying they wont so your only option is to buy digital or wait until the trades
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I quit back when it looked like they were going to rehabilitate Sabretooth after the Morlock Massacre.
    Looked back a few times, but the stories were just too lame and silly. (and the artwork was atrocious. Kept asking myself "Why would I pay for this shit?")

Currently looking for a pdf of the first Annihilation omnibus. That's pretty much it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well....it's been 2 months, so it's time for another earth shattering reboot of their whole roster:
    (source)
    I confess a low-level curiosity...

imo doctor doom isnt really that bad of a villain. its not illegal to want to rule the world. stan lee said so
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I get all my comics through Comixology. Not only do they do up to date runs, they have a nasty habit of selling huge batches of old comics with large discounts...

I've been tricked into spending £100+ on comics, because they stuck a 75% discount on them . Seriously, before Christmas, they had an 80% off sale, I got £300 worth of comics for £60...

I only just finished reading them XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    imo doctor doom isnt really that bad of a villain. its not illegal to want to rule the world. stan lee said so
    Indeed. I've never really seen Doom as a pure villain, and after the events of Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars he's totally come over to the Light Side.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Indeed. I've never really seen Doom as a pure villain, and after the events of Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars he's totally come over to the Light Side.
    Depends on whoever is writing him.
    At least that was always the case in earlier comics 70s-80s.

Mind controlling leaders of other nations isn't considered "good" by most. (FF #200 back in 1978)

I've always favored the "honorable" villain he portrayed in early issues.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-04-23 at 03:22 PM.

Technically, yes. But after he lost the Hammer and Jane picked it up he offically "gave" her the title, and is now just calling himself Odinson. There's an upside though, since he lost the hammer he realised that holding back is for pussies, and now he's going all out.

Basically... If he ever DOES get the hammer back, everyone is fucked.

I'd really love him to become Allfather, I've been theorising it'll happen for about 18 months now... Still waiting to be proven right.

And yeah, she really does. There's a reason she's the second highest selling book Marvel have, it's a solid story and she kicks a LOT of ass. Her recent cameo in Doctor Strange was EPIC.
    my poor boy is getting shitted on

being a title is lame.

didn't know that she was the second highest selling book. mind linking me that pls.

she is badass but they are making her a bit too OP.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-04-23 at 04:13 PM.

I haven't read it yet (only have Marvel Unlimited so I'm six months behind), but Unworthy Thor title was supposed to be really good
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I've always favored the "honorable" villain he portrayed in early issues.
    Indeed, a villain that secretly, deep down, you kinda agree with is always a better villain than the tache twirling super evil Bwahaha kind.

didn't know that she was the second highest selling book. mind linking me that pls.

she is badass but they are making her a bit too OP.
    It's a few pages back. When they were saying that diversity is the reason their sales have dwindled.

She's not THAT op tbh, she's getting her ass kinda kicked by the Shi'ar gods right now. She's going to need Odinson AND War Thor's help to bring them down (Apparently). I mean, compared to some of the shit Odinson pulled off in WM/King/RKT forms, she's still a few celestial beings behind in the power stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I haven't read it yet (only have Marvel Unlimited so I'm six months behind), but Unworthy Thor title was supposed to be really good
    Unworhty Thor is THE SHIT. Loved that run, we got to see the Odinson unleash some unholy pain, and we finally found out WHY he became unworthy.

It's a few pages back. When they were saying that diversity is the reason their sales have dwindled.She's not THAT op tbh, she's getting her ass kinda kicked by the Shi'ar gods right now. She's going to need Odinson AND War Thor's help to bring them down (Apparently). I mean, compared to some of the shit Odinson pulled off in WM/King/RKT forms, she's still a few celestial beings behind in the power stakes.
    it is though.

she kinda is. she seems more powerful than real Thor.

Unworhty Thor is THE SHIT. Loved that run, we got to see the Odinson unleash some unholy pain, and we finally found out WHY he became unworthy.
    kinda meh whisper.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is though.

she kinda is. she seems more powerful than real Thor.
    Eh, she has roughly equal power to baseline Thor... Because that's what she IS. But she doesn't have the amps and high end powers that Thor has.

If they were both at their standard power levels, Odinson would wipe the floor with her, because in addition to all the powers she has, he also has his Eternal powers, Warrior Madness etc etc etc.

Plus, hopefully, soon he'll have the Thor Force.

Eh, she has roughly equal power to baseline Thor... Because that's what she IS. But she doesn't have the amps and high end powers that Thor has.

If they were both at their standard power levels, Odinson would wipe the floor with her, because in addition to all the powers she has, he also has his Eternal powers, Warrior Madness etc etc etc.

Plus, hopefully, soon he'll have the Thor Force.
    eh don't forget about the Mother Storm.

and her fight with Odin.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh don't forget about the Mother Storm.

and her fight with Odin.
    The Motherstorm is the force within Mjolnir, it worked for Thor for centuries just fine, can't really call that Jane's power...

And yeah... That Odin fight was PIS at it's worst. I think it's all part of the current build up to Odin dying, he's been acting like even more of a tool than usual for a couple of years now. I think they're paving the way for him to go bye bye.

The Motherstorm is the force within Mjolnir, it worked for Thor for centuries just fine, can't really call that Jane's power...

And yeah... That Odin fight was PIS at it's worst. I think it's all part of the current build up to Odin dying, he's been acting like even more of a tool than usual for a couple of years now. I think they're paving the way for him to go bye bye.
    well, its part of her and it was basically a retcon so I doubt that they even thought about it before.

I agree its a PIS though feat is a feat.

since we are on the Mother Storm subject, why is it says possess the power of Thor instead of Mother Storm???
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-04-23 at 06:22 PM.

OOC, since Thor(and the associated powers) has magically become a title that is automatically passed to the wielder of the hammer, rather than innate abilities of Real Thor that were just amped up by the hammer, has it explained why anyone else who previously lifted the hammer, like Cap America or Superman, didn't suddenly become Thor too?

10+ Year Old Account
    since we are on the Mother Storm subject, why is it called possess the power of Thor instead of Mother Storm???
    Because they hadn't thought of Mother Storm when they wrote the inscription on the hammer .

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    OOC, since Thor(and the associated powers) has magically become a title that is automatically passed to the wielder of the hammer, rather than innate abilities of Real Thor that were just amped up by the hammer, has it explained why anyone else who previously lifted the hammer, like Cap America or Superman, didn't suddenly become Thor too?
    It's not automatically passed. Various people over the years have been able to hold the hammer... But IIRC only three people have been Worthy to possess the power of Thor.

Those people are Odinson, Beta Ray Bill and Jane Foster.

Also, Thor still has all his old powers, so clearly they're not ALL tied to Mjolnir.

Seemingly he has only lost Flight, he still has all his storm powers, his strength and although we've not seen it in a long time, his God Blast ability.

It's not automatically passed. Various people over the years have been able to hold the hammer....
    So retcon then, cause previously, ONLY people who were "worthy" were able to lift the hammer in the first place. Literally the ONLY people who could lift it at ALL were people who were found "worthy".

And LOL, gotta admire the balls of them pretending Jane fucking Foster is somehow more worthy than pre-Hydra Cap or Superman.

Mother Storm was a terrible retcon.