Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    get rid of the groud mount, just make all the mounts flying = problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Give flying mounts a stamina bar which you can only fill by using your ground mount.
    Genius!
    Give your main character a stamina bar which you can only fill by using your alts.

This is a terrible idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Yes, and I was picturing something totally different, like pet battles. Each mount would have different abilities and be able to level up, etc. No I don't mean a turn-based carbon copy of pet battles either.
    So more like the remote control tank toys maybe? I'm trying to think of a way that mounts can still be mounts, but have abilities and such for battles. Just use the vehicle system and give different mounts different abilities.

Deleted
    Undazeable and able to interact with objects while mounted on a ground mount.

the name should really be "fun ideas to improve ground mounts" you guys with the daze idea missed the whole point lol. Dazes are good for the game and make it more dangerous you should be able to get knocked off by players or npcs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not really, but traveling to and from a quest sure is not the fun part.
    I disagree real time travel is one of the things I miss about WoW nowadays its portals everywhere, fly everywhere.. the world feels less like a world, it feels way smaller, and way more instanced.

Banish the daze effect.

Done, all the improvement one needs. Aside from that, I only think about improving visuals of ground mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    the name should really be "fun ideas to improve ground mounts" you guys with the daze idea missed the whole point lol. Dazes are good for the game and make it more dangerous you should be able to get knocked off by players or npcs
    If the world becomes more dangerous to you because you can get dazed, then you've got issues.

Players can't daze other players outside of certain items with a CD on them. And those don't work everywhere either.

I get the feeling this is another thinly veiled anti-flying thread though so I'll take my leave. Cba explaining obvious shit to people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    As soon as the first raid went in, the journey took a distant back seat to the destination.
    Meaning, from patch 1... Raids were always a fact of this game.

The "journey" is entirely subjective. Some people still prefer world content, others couldn't care less and just gun for the instanced endgame. This was a truth from the very beginning and is not impacted by features or QOL-additions.

why do you wanna remove dazing then? Because you dont want to get knocked off your mount lol. world of efficiencycraft players are the worst
    You bet your ass I don't want to get knocked off my mount. Has nothing to do with "efficiency" and everything to do with an annoying-as-fuck element which has no impact on the gameplay other than to people like you whom apparently are challenged by world mobs. Top Kek.

As someone valuing immersion, spending tons of time in the world outside of instances and even taking the long way around to where I'm going just to get the scenery, I have zero interest in keeping the daze effect. It's got literally no bearing on such things.

Actually unpredictable mobs, detailed zones and relevant content within said zones >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the daze effect in terms of providing potential challenge, immersion and exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Oh please. Wrath and MoP were the best expansions and they both had flying. Flying does not hurt the game poor development does.
    100% the truth. Also, count TBC into it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-23 at 10:34 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree real time travel is one of the things I miss about WoW nowadays its portals everywhere, fly everywhere.. the world feels less like a world, it feels way smaller, and way more instanced.
    Well, it's clearly hard to design a game that works for everyone.
    Having to run all over Barrens was never fun for me. Not at all.

Im thinking like an extra action button that increases mount speed by 50-70% speed with 3 charges , everything u do it ur mount makes a cry and you hear the whip sound.. I think they actually did something like that with rams for the brew event. You guys are calling for efficiency boring stuff.. no daze.. collect items without dismounting... where is something more exciting lol

- - - Updated - - -

more like the great thing about wow was before they were in the game and we had real time travel, you interacted with the world and other players instead of floating over everything to your objectives comfortably playing a single player game. The great thing about WoW was when it focused on the journey not the destination
    As soon as the first raid went in, the journey took a distant back seat to the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Banish the daze effect.

Done, all the improvement one needs. Aside from that, I only think about improving visuals of ground mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

If the world becomes more dangerous to you because you can get dazed, then you've got issues.

Players can't daze other players outside of certain items with a CD on them. And those don't work everywhere either.

I get the feeling this is another thinly veiled anti-flying thread though so I'll take my leave. Cba explaining obvious shit to people anymore.
    why do you wanna remove dazing then? Because you dont want to get knocked off your mount lol. world of efficiencycraft players are the worst

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    the journey part is what made wow successful in the first place and the devs are realizing it which is why we see holiday events, world scaling, and wq after the failure that was WOD which is probably a dream expansion for a lot of players on this site nowadays lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Make waterwalking a buff that all mounts can get, that way new expansions aren't water strider or GTFO until you unlock flight.
    Other than daze and increased mov. speed, we need this the most!

-remove daze effect
    -increase speed on roads
    -allow herb gathering and mining node
    -add an inventory similar to the character one
    -allow fight a la nagrand wolf
    -add passive buff/special ability different for each family similar to those from hunter pets (ex turtle shield)
    -falling damage reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Maybe something like you travel with X% speed, but cannot be unmounted or dazed. Then you have an action button with whom you can travel Y% speed, but mobs (or even damage) can daze you.
    Ooooh I would like this!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of a gallop button, but just getting rid of daze while mounted would be a huge plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    And instantly getting to ANY destination whilst avoiding ALL mobs AND players is kind counterproductive to the idea of fun. That's why flying does indeed suck.
    Yes and ofc riding to the same world quests after 2500 or so previous quests via ground mount is totally engaging and exciting ..... not ....

Ground mounts suck as much as flying end of story, the thing is if both are allowed, there is at least a choice. But it seems people like yourself can't have flying enabled and not use it despite your insistent complaining that ground mounts are better .... you have to have flying disabled to give meaning to ground mounts... well that speaks for itself... ground mounts can't be much good if you have to disable flying for them to be worth using.

There is no way your going to paint ground mounts as more engaging and fun in a game designed around repetition and repeatedly doing the same basic quests.... ground mounts suck. yes when your running the quests the first few times I would agree they do add to the game but after that ... been there done that, its now routine and frankly monotonous, flying at least allows you to quest quickly and actually see things from a different perspective.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I would like to see mounts with special abilities. Horses with a sprint extra action button, gryphons/flying mounts having a glide extra action button, cranes/hawkstriders having a heroic leap-esque jump extra action button, ect.

They could frankly do a whole bunch of stuff with mounts. The problem is, everyone already has a crap ton of mounts. So even if they invest a bunch of time redesigning the system, a lot of the "content" will be completed by a lot of players.

You guys know Blizzard by now. If it isn't gated, it isn't released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    And instantly getting to ANY destination whilst avoiding ALL mobs AND players is kind counterproductive to the idea of fun. That's why flying does indeed suck.
    Teleportation has the same exact function and is even more instant, and is in games like FFXIV where they ALSO have flying, and that game is still fine.

Frankly the fact that teleportation and portals aren't being witch hunted by the anti-flight people in the great ideals of immersion like flying is just another example of hypocrisy and confirmation bias from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I love the idea of a gallop button, but just getting rid of daze while mounted would be a huge plus for me.
    Mmm, a mount with a passive immunity to daze.

They could always just make mounts pseudo followers, with equipment and stuff. That would solve some of the problems with a lot of players having a lot of mounts already. Divide them by type, give them each some passive bonuses+equipment slots, gain equipment by being 2kool4skool. It would work out, honestly.

Could even make legendary equipment that adds extra action buttons for a glide or heroic leap like I said earlier. Honestly, a lot can be done to make ground mounts good again.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-04-23 at 10:52 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I would like to see mounts with special abilities. Horses with a sprint extra action button, gryphons/flying mounts having a glide extra action button, cranes/hawkstriders having a heroic leap-esque jump extra action button, ect.

They could frankly do a whole bunch of stuff with mounts. The problem is, everyone already has a crap ton of mounts. So even if they invest a bunch of time redesigning the system, a lot of the "content" will be completed by a lot of players.

You guys know Blizzard by now. If it isn't gated, it isn't released.
    Give mounts an unlock tree similar to the artifact ability tree and have different types of mounts work like the relic sockets. Make players grind or quest or something to work their way through the Mount Tree, possibly opening up new slots to socket in different effects, such as flight, swimming, gliding, leaps, waterwalking, slowfall, speed boosts, anti-daze, etc. Filler abilities in the tree could include passive speed boosts.

Makes use of existing mounts people have unlocked, but puts them into a gated system that requires time and effort to unlock and improve.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-24 at 02:35 AM.

Sure, it is. It should be much interesting and fun!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    This please. Pleaaaase.
    Mount equiptment says hi.

My issue with mount in general is the way models sit on it and are completely frozen, not their cloak or hair moves while riding.. all feels super static.. lets fix that first?

Give them some physics (slowing, speeding, turning). Oh, and put in jumps for the motorized vehicles.

Some level of customization would be interesting as well, but the game isn't ever going to be at that point I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Would be cool if we could get shit similiar to Guild Wars 2.

Certain mounts can jump higher, glide etc.

Then again they do this because they have dope jumping puzzles. Something WoW devs are too uninspired to add into this game.
    I've heard about that. Sounds really good to be honest.