Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Yes it does prove the type of player I am. The type that does not want to force everyone else to play the way I want to play. Everyone should have the option to play their own style and not force a highly controversial new play type on them.
    Right, it seems like Blizzard wants to head in that direction but currently it's not working both on Live or PTR. Also, whatever Blizzard decides is something we sometimes have to accept ... Like Fury being one of the best specs in 7.1.5 and Arms falling behind. FR is in the same boat.

Whatever happens, I don't want to go back to the 2 and a half buttons of WoD in Arms. One of their worst rotational designs to be honest.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoD arms was better than this massacre, atleast, WE had a gimmick.

everyone knows that WoD arms can delete boss's sub 20%, and we were gods on cleave fights.

now? we are nothing and shit at everything

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Right, it seems like Blizzard wants to head in that direction but currently it's not working both on Live or PTR. Also, whatever Blizzard decides is something we sometimes have to accept ... Like Fury being one of the best specs in 7.1.5 and Arms falling behind. FR is in the same boat.

Whatever happens, I don't want to go back to the 2 and a half buttons of WoD in Arms. One of their worst rotational designs to be honest.
    I can agree with that, and I can always choose to play something else if they want to force me to play something I dislike permanently or just find another game. It's their game and I am just the customer. I just get tired of only one possible viable spec that I really don't care for, nor do I like the feel atm. Perhaps I will with better gear, I just don't want to force my idea of fun as the end all be all only right way to play, and if you don't, your a noob no skill trogg. Those types of ppl are oppressors / bullies.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2017-04-23 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    WoD arms was better than this massacre, atleast, WE had a gimmick.

everyone knows that WoD arms can delete boss's sub 20%, and we were gods on cleave fights.

now? we are nothing and shit at everything
    WOD Arms was not better come on, the only big issue with Arms right now is lacking damage in high end gear and some fights not so well designed for the spec within this specific tier. In HFC both Arms and Fury were lacking on single target outside of Execute and with fast boss kills they were centuries behind high dps specs. Arms was literally a gimmick spec that blew things up with Execute/Sweeping and was gimped because of Mastery design, which only increased MS/Exe/CS damage.

Highmaul Arms was just so stale it was unbelievable, it was heralded as an exercise in utterly boring and bad game design, WOD Arms scaled hopelessly thus needing to be bandaid fixed with a Trinket + Set Bonus to even be playable. Legion Arms is way better, it's just too RNG and the cooldown timings don't line up well for Nighthold, WOD was another level of stupid.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    WOD Arms was not better come on, the only big issue with Arms right now is lacking damage in high end gear and some fights not so well designed for the spec within this specific tier. In HFC both Arms and Fury were lacking on single target outside of Execute and with fast boss kills they were centuries behind high dps specs. Arms was literally a gimmick spec that blew things up with Execute/Sweeping and was gimped because of Mastery design, which only increased MS/Exe/CS damage.

Highmaul Arms was just so stale it was unbelievable, it was heralded as an exercise in utterly boring and bad game design, WOD Arms scaled hopelessly thus needing to be bandaid fixed with a Trinket + Set Bonus to even be playable. Legion Arms is way better, it's just too RNG and the cooldown timings don't line up well for Nighthold, WOD was another level of stupid.
    Heroic Deathwing - Landsoul. IMO, with FR or/and Heroic Strike, this is the best irritation of what Arms should be like - or what I really prefer. Managing your rage is what Arms is all about. Watch the video at least to see how good Arms is. Excluding casts on Slam - never liked that idea. Stance dancing was okay, but I prefer what we have now.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2017-04-24 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Heroic Deathwing - Landsoul. IMO, with FR or/and Heroic Strike, this is the best irritation of what Arms should be like - or what I really prefer. Managing your rage is what Arms is all about. Watch the video at least to see how good Arms is. Excluding casts on Slam - never liked that idea. Stance dancing was okay, but I prefer what we have now.
    Well we all liked Dragon Soul Arms, but it's over half a decade ago and probably isn't coming back. I was a big fan of Siege of Orgrimmar Arms too, playwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wod Arms was 100% better. Thanks to whoever wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm. WoD arms before HFC was a boring snoozefest, the only good thing about it was that you could not get get fucked by RNG. HFC arms introduced several levels RNG procs in order to speed up the rotation. Also doing over half your damage during the last 20% was not very fun gameplay. The only Good thing about HFC arms was the cleave.

I think we can all agree that either Dragon soul arms or SoO arms was a superior spec. But they are not going to do a 180 in 7.2.5 and change the class up completely. We have to work with the talents we currently have, and FR is very much a staple of the current arms warrior rotation.

/facepalm......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well we all liked Dragon Soul Arms, but it's over half a decade ago and probably isn't coming back. I was a big fan of Siege of Orgrimmar Arms too, playwise.
    Cata arms was by far my favourite spec of all time... It was a sad day when the MoP prepatch hit and they butchered it. Change just for the sake of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Cata arms was by far my favourite spec of all time... It was a sad day when the MoP prepatch hit and they butchered it. Change just for the sake of change.
    Well Blizzard always do that so it's not like you should be surprised. They werent going to change MOP Fury either, and we all saw how that worked out.

What the shit ... the 2 buttons a half rotation?

i actually liked the wod arms rotation with archi trinket and 4 set, it was really fun at bombing and cleaving. Cant tell before, because i was fury for most of the time (was arms at the very beginning of highmaul, but had to switch soon because of nerfs, only went arms for a few fights in blackrock raid)

Iskar add phase was pure crazyness ms spamming, and those nice 4 million exec crits sweepingstrikes from doomfire or adds to archi
    was sweet numbers. I can get that guys who played arms like this (easy as shit rotation, strong numbers with little effort, not prone to player error) are a little overwhelmed by current arms playstyle. For me current arms strongly reminds me of early wotlk arms feeling whise, where what u did with those arp trinket procs had a huge impact on performance.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2017-04-24 at 02:42 PM.

The common theme with these iterations of Arms is that they usually evolved into something people enjoyed, but only towards the end of the expac after some iteration. Let's hope this is the case here too lol, but this time they don't blow up next expac.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-04-24 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    I really don't get all the hate towards FR. It takes a bit of getting used to sure, but it's really not that hard. I do decent dps - sure Arms could do with a small boost especially on the aoe front, but overall FR is a bit different to other classes and specs and surely that's a good thing. Sure tweak some of the talents to offer a viable alternative, but don't destroy FR in the process. I'm hoping that the changes in the next patch don't ruin what for me is one of the most enjoyable versions of the Arms spec.

I'd rather them give us these damage & QoL buffs and not touch the rage costs on FR/AM

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundBreaker View Post
    I really don't get all the hate towards FR. It takes a bit of getting used to sure, but it's really not that hard. I do decent dps - sure Arms could do with a small boost especially on the aoe front, but overall FR is a bit different to other classes and specs and surely that's a good thing. Sure tweak some of the talents to offer a viable alternative, but don't destroy FR in the process. I'm hoping that the changes in the next patch don't ruin what for me is one of the most enjoyable versions of the Arms spec.
    They aren't destroying FR. They are bringing it in line (trying to at least) with other talents so that you actually have a choice. Completely subjective, but some of us hate the FR playstyle. The only thing good about the FR playstyle is the AM/DC synergy. I wouldn't mind playing Arms more if I wasn't forced to use FR and didn't get put a position of bad luck streaks causing such long dry spells.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Separate from conversation, I was attempting the mage tower scenario and couldn't even get close to completing it.

Here is me, I am ilvl 890 with poverty type gear ( 2 set, non - HC, normal DoS). I don't consider myself a nab as I've raided high level before so in terms of rotation and technique I feel I'm good.

My main problem is the healing on myself and damage on the spikes with Blizzard falling when already being at low health.

Question is am I being too easy on myself or am I legitimately sub-optimally geared for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    Separate from conversation, I was attempting the mage tower scenario and couldn't even get close to completing it.

Here is me, I am ilvl 890 with poverty type gear ( 2 set, non - HC, normal DoS). I don't consider myself a nab as I've raided high level before so in terms of rotation and technique I feel I'm good.

My main problem is the healing on myself and damage on the spikes with Blizzard falling when already being at low health.

Question is am I being too easy on myself or am I legitimately sub-optimally geared for this?
    leg breacers and shoulders help a lot in p1, bracers for heal and shoulders you can just jump over every blizzard, you dont really need high damage in p1 anyway, in p2 i would change to dps leg and sweeping strikes for adds
    Last edited by mmoc50fac9f759; 2017-04-25 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post

I came back to do this challenge specifically this last week, got it done and made a guide for it here detailing all aspects - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45472501 - May be of some use.

I will say though that your poverty gear while pushing the boundries, is probably just enough at a push if you.

1. Get 42nd trait, at the very least you will need 41st healing trait.
    2. Gear with Leech/Speed to help with survival.

Legendaries matter though, the first phase is all about survival and control where as the last phase is about single target burn dps. So in P1 legendaries like Prydaz, healing bracers/runspeed boots/leap shoulders are the best. In final phase the best is probably the ring + trinket/gloves, you're at the bottom end of the ilvl scale where it's possible to beat the boss, so its naturally going to be tough.