Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Odyn can't even be evaluated as a character. He is a creation, not a character. All his actions and all his powers are innately inherited and blessed by the "gods" of the Warcraft universe(they effectively are the gods of the universe, untill we find a higher level of creation present through the lore). The only ones that can limit his range of action and determine wether it is good or not are the Titans themselves, his creators.

Instead of Good I would Classify odyn as Chaotic Neutral more than anything but that is just me other opinions may vary
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Deleted
    Odyn did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    And myraids of problems that would come without them. You can't just assume that without them some other problems that did not happen would not happen. Neltharion were resposible for the thriving of some early mortal races too. he carved out mountains and rivers for them.
    I'm not saying that the Dragons did no good at all, but they still generally failed at their main purpose. They were given powers to protect Azeroth. Ultimately, the greatest threat they stopped was one of their own, Neltharion... Nozdormu was given power over time to protect the timelines of Azeroth. Yet, in the end, we protected them against Nozdormu (Murozond) himself... And as far as we know, his Infinite Dragonflight was the only threat those blasted timelines ever encountered. Again, the dragon biting its own tail... Malygos was supposed to protect magic, yet mortals were using it freely and when he tried to stop it, he messed up the leylines even more... It's hard to deny that Loken and the other keepers were wrong in empowering the Aspects and that Odyn, perhaps, was right to put his faith elsewhere.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I'm not saying that the Dragons did no good at all, but they still generally failed at their main purpose. They were given powers to protect Azeroth. Ultimately, the greatest threat they stopped was one of their own, Neltharion... Nozdormu was given power over time to protect the timelines of Azeroth. Yet, in the end, we protected them against Nozdormu (Murozond) himself... And as far as we know, his Infinite Dragonflight was the only threat those blasted timelines ever encountered. Again, the dragon biting its own tail... Malygos was supposed to protect magic, yet mortals were using it freely and when he tried to stop it, he messed up the leylines even more... It's hard to deny that Loken and the other keepers were wrong in empowering the Aspects and that Odyn, perhaps, was right to put his faith elsewhere.
    Again, not even Odyn knew what would happen in the future. So no he isn't right. It just goes to show there aren't that many entities that are immune to corruption via the Old Gods.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Odyn did nothing wrong.
    Did alot of shit wrong.

But, if blizzard's telling me to Quest with him, then fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    binding people in undeath to your will, because they don't agree with you doesnt come off as something a good titan keeper would do.

Hell even Sylvanas gives people a choice if they want to serve her or not, Odyn enslaves another guy in legion because he finds it amusing.
    Probably because he is more pragmatic than Slyvanus. Slyvanus has Putress, Stillwater, and Godfrey as evidence that Odyn is smarter. Odyn might have been locked up by helya but at least he wasn't corrupted by Yogg Saron like the other keepers were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Probably because he is more pragmatic than Slyvanus. Slyvanus has Putress, Stillwater, and Godfrey as evidence that Odyn is smarter. Odyn might have been locked up by helya but at least he wasn't corrupted by Yogg Saron like the other keepers were.
    Slyvanus, huh?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Slyvanus, huh?
    He's very clever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    There was no need to corrupt him when he was already imprisoned and couldn't do anything even if he was? Wouldn't Sylvanas be smarter then Odyn by this logic because Sylvanas never was set back as long as Odyn was by a betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Again, not even Odyn knew what would happen in the future. So no he isn't right. It just goes to show there aren't that many entities that are immune to corruption via the Old Gods.
    How Odyn knowing what would happen in the future has anything to do with anything? He had the opinion that the dragons, being elemental creatures, could be easily swayed by the Old Gods and that it would be unwise for them to waste a part of their powers on them. The events proved him right. He didn't need to know the future to form an enlightened opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    How Odyn knowing what would happen in the future has anything to do with anything? He had the opinion that the dragons, being elemental creatures, could be easily swayed by the Old Gods and that it would be unwise for them to waste a part of their powers on them. The events proved him right. He didn't need to know the future to form an enlightened opinion.
    If I recall correctly he felt dragons or what not were primitive and such. He had no reason to distrust the aspects.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    eh no?
    he didnt want to bless them because to him they were primitive creatures, unworthy of the keepers might.

hence why he began with the valarjar shit.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He's very clever.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no need to corrupt him when he was already imprisoned and couldn't do anything even if he was? Wouldn't Sylvanas be smarter then Odyn by this logic because Sylvanas never was set back as long as Odyn was by a betrayal.
    If you base the value on time rather than number of betrayals. Odyn got betrayed once, Slyvanus got fucked over three times. Odyn destoyed a legion ship with a spear. Slyvanus has done nothing to fight the Legion.

Not to mention Odyn was basically right. The majority of the problems on Azeroth involved dragons(usually in a negative way) and the dragons helped the old god forces(twilight, nightmare, chromatic dragons) while the Titan forged defeated the Black Empire.

I think the whole thing is a good starter class in "Consider the source", it's a story written on a stone tablet in Odyn's home, engraved by vrykul (who revere Odyn like a god), so i would take what's written on it with a kilo or two of salt...

I like how Blizz nailed the tone of nordic mythology, a similar degree of over-the-top insanity going on in both that and the "Odyn is awesome"-scripture...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly he felt dragons or what not were primitive and such. He had no reason to distrust the aspects.
    Whatever the real reason, primitive or elemental, Odyn has been proven right in the end. The Aspects were a failure.

Well we'll find out but I doubt he'll be used ever again.
    Warriors had 0 important lore figures, varok is old and many dont even know what happened to him after the initial quest line of the warrior alongside of trollbane, varian dead and so far this vallhala and keepers are the only important thing related to warriors, warlocks had the eredar twins and some old faces warlock in their ranks, dk with paladins and rogues had a lot of characters we had meet at some point

I love how people use the Sigryn questline as Odyn being a dick when his fears actually come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I love how people use the Sigryn questline as Odyn being a dick when his fears actually come true.
    Because if Odyn didn't do what he did, Sigryn wouldn't be so pissed about him.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Warriors had 0 important lore figures, varok is old and many dont even know what happened to him after the initial quest line of the warrior alongside of trollbane, varian dead and so far this vallhala and keepers are the only important thing related to warriors, warlocks had the eredar twins and some old faces warlock in their ranks, dk with paladins and rogues had a lot of characters we had meet at some point
    Warriors have a lot of figures, blizzard just doesn't know how to write them.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Killing someone's family and then saying" hah! I told you they would hate me and want to kill me" when they come after you? Of fucking course they are going to come after you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol