Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The tracking of it does for the trophy. They won't appear read in NG+ though.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Got to 99 from 43, beat both secret bosses, caught the gold fish, maxed out all slinks and fused the secret persona today @145 hours. Send helpppppppppppppppppppppppp
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-22 at 04:20 AM.

Fair warning on that DF vid, they claim no spoilers but have the final boss music blaring in the 2nd half of the video. Music that was never in any promo material for P5. Minor spoiler possibly depending on the person, but spoiler none the less.

I'm not a fan of anime style games. I'd still play the shit out of this on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm not a fan of anime style games. I'd still play the shit out of this on PC.
    I really think that it works for turn-based because you can do some wacky and exaggerated animations for it. I have a hard time picturing photo realistic models doing turned-based combat nowadays. A port would be neat, but I don't think they could make it look any better than a ps4.

So I'm on the 7th palace. Not sure how people got max confidants in their first play through. Besides getting my social stats up the only other thing I've been doing is confidants and I'm not even close to max rank and I fucking forgot to start haru.

But also

Dat twist at the end of the 6th palace wtf
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I'm on the 7th palace. Not sure how people got max confidants in their first play through. Besides getting my social stats up the only other thing I've been doing is confidants and I'm not even close to max rank and I fucking forgot to start haru.

But also

Really just have to get the most out of the free time the game gives you. Burn through palaces in one day, don't spend more than one day per month in mementos, make the most of rainy days for knowledge/charm, get temperance and fortune up ASAP for more free time and fortune readings. Stuff like that adds up and makes it possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat the game after 104 hours. Absolutely incredible. Probably the best game I've played since Dark Souls. The characters, the story, and the style are so incredibly gripping. 10 out of fucking 10.

But also

I'm sure there is a way to do it but without using a guide I can't imagine anyone pulling it off. Most people chose to go in blind so they won't understand how things work until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Really just have to get the most out of the free time the game gives you. Burn through palaces in one day, don't spend more than one day per month in mementos, make the most of rainy days for knowledge/charm, get temperance and fortune up ASAP for more free time and fortune readings. Stuff like that adds up and makes it possible.
    doesn't fortune telling take up time though?

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't fortune telling take up time though?
    Nope, it doesn't take any time. It's easily the best confidant in the game in terms of usefulness and you really only need to get it to Rank 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nope, it doesn't take any time. It's easily the best confidant in the game in terms of usefulness and you really only need to get it to Rank 7.
    oh I was under the impression that it used up your night so I didn't even bother using it cause there was too many other things to do

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm sure there is a way to do it but without using a guide I can't imagine anyone pulling it off. Most people chose to go in blind so they won't understand how things work until it's too late.
    I managed them all but 1 blind in JP.

In English I managed them all max on 12/3 and now have an entire month to finish books, games, catch the gaurdian and reaper farm/fill out compendium.

No guide needed. Also never used the fortune shit to boost them. People must not answer questions properly or bring matching Personas that's the only way you could be failing to max the vast majority of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Best confidant in the game? Hardly, you don't even need it. Most confidants will level every single time you spend time with them if you answer properly and bring a matching persona. It's pretty rare for fortune to be of any use. Death, Tower and Sun have way more useful bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I managed them all but 1 blind in JP.

In English I managed them all max on 12/3 and now have an entire month to finish books, games, catch the gaurdian and reaper farm/fill out compendium.

No guide needed. Also never used the fortune shit to boost them. People must not answer questions properly or bring matching Personas that's the only way you could be failing to max the vast majority of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Best confidant in the game? Hardly, you don't even need it. Most confidants will level every single time you spend time with them if you answer properly and bring a matching persona. It's pretty rare for fortune to be of any use. Death, Tower and Sun have way more useful bonuses.
    If you look up a guide or don't care about roleplaying I guess? I could've chosen the answers that would've gotten me the most points but those sometimes conflicted with the way I was roleplaying the MC. There were at least 10 times I found that Fortune got me to the next level with a confidant when I wouldn't have gotten there otherwise. Plus, the social stat boosting fortune is useful as well. If you're going for all max confidant run and you're perfectly planning everything out, then I could see how it wouldn't be as useful, but for a first time player not going for maxing all confidants in one run, it definitely is one of the best.

Although, I forgot about Death and would definitely say you're right in that it's one of the best. However Tower and Sun aren't even close. Time is the most important resource in Persona 5 and Death, Fortune, and Temperance help you get more of it. Tower is purely combat focused and unless you're playing on the highest difficulty it's not even necessary. Hell, I'd say Star is more useful combat wise.

Sun just lets you get more money and items, which I never once had an issue with or just makes negotiation easier. The max rank bonus is nice, but Strength makes it so that you can get high level personas regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you look up a guide or don't care about roleplaying I guess? I could've chosen the answers that would've gotten me the most points but those sometimes conflicted with the way I was roleplaying the MC. There were at least 10 times I found that Fortune got me to the next level with a confidant when I wouldn't have gotten there otherwise. Plus, the social stat boosting fortune is useful as well. If you're going for all max confidant run and you're perfectly planning everything out, then I could see how it wouldn't be as useful, but for a first time player not going for maxing all confidants in one run, it definitely is one of the best.

Although, I forgot about Death and would definitely say you're right in that it's one of the best. However Tower and Sun aren't even close. Time is the most important resource in Persona 5 and Death, Fortune, and Temperance help you get more of it. Tower is purely combat focused and unless you're playing on the highest difficulty it's not even necessary. Hell, I'd say Star is more useful combat wise.

Sun just lets you get more money and items, which I never once had an issue with or just makes negotiation easier. The max rank bonus is nice, but Strength makes it so that you can get high level personas regardless.
    Hifumi is always useful because of these 5 reasons:

1. She's a girl!
    2. She's cute!
    3. I love her!
    4. Hifumi!

Almost done and the P5 waifu tier remains.
    "becky">takemi>futaba>shit>everyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You take that back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You didn't include Makoto so 10/10

(p.s. I don't hate Makoto I just think she's overrated)

Playing P4G, who should I make my waifu?

Makoto is my waifu stfu I liked her before she was popular. The moment when she made herself queen stole my heart.

Anyway 80 hours in and I'm on the last palace. It's been an emotional roller coaster