Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I feel useless playing my fire mage..

For the first time in 10 years I feel totally crap playing my fire mage. It is a miserable experience seeing other classes easily and without effort out DPS the supposedly *glass canon* . There is no fun in struggling to stay alive whilst struggling to get some sort of DPS. Fire Mages and Mages in general need to have huge DPS, far out-passing hybrid classes and all classes and be at the top.

Mages need to always be at the top of recount. We trade our weak armor for magic power.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i mean you have ice block how are you dieing in a group setting any way?

Deleted
    bah, do Blizzard read this forum even? don't know, probably a waste of time. rant/

did you try some pvp their doing well there and might give you a bit of a morale boost
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    For the first time in 10 years I feel totally crap playing my fire mage. It is a miserable experience seeing other classes easily and without effort out DPS the supposedly *glass canon* . There is no fun in struggling to stay alive whilst struggling to get some sort of DPS. Fire Mages and Mages in general need to have huge DPS, far out-passing hybrid classes and all classes and be at the top.

Mages need to always be at the top of recount. We trade our weak armor for magic power.
    AHAHAHA.... Now you know how other classes feel.

Link your logs.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    AHAHAHA.... Now you know how other classes feel.
    I mean not really? Not a lot of classes can go "Oh boo-hoo, my usual top-of-the-meters dps spec is not on top of every other spec anymore... Woe is me... I mean frost spec still almost is but like... third place isn't good enough... and they're all... FROST MAGIC!?!?! NOT EVEN FIRE!"

I play a dk and back in 7.0 and 7.1 it was like "Well unholy is bottom middle... I can switch to frost and be bottom of the entire charts but... I don't know if that's an improvement"

Deleted
    bah, do Blizzard read this forum even? don't know, probably a waste of time. rant/
    They do. But they don't respond or act on rants. Write a proper feedback post and maybe it gets some traction.

Yeah because other classes don't have to "trade something" for their power. Mages...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    They do. But they don't respond or act on rants. Write a proper feedback post and maybe it gets some traction.
    well I was hoping they might pick up on the general feeling instead of a Fire Mage PHD post.

Someone is self entitled, if you are having issues staying alive during a raid encounter that alone tells me that you have a lot of room for improvement. Regardless, Mages should not be on top. Respectively dps should go something like this healers > tanks > hybrids > pure dps. Each category the classes there in be about equal in damage. But that is not how Blizzard works as we have seen over the years sometimes the tank is the best dps. EVERY class goes through its points of shitty shitness. Some more than others... Suck it up champ and reroll or learn to live with it till they become strong again later in another patch.

Fire has pretty much always been useless. In fact, I only ever remember it being viable once outside of vanilla and that was a brief period during Wrath of the Lich King. Other than that, Legion was the first time in years that I saw it perform well but somebody at Blizzard didn't like that. Then again, with a name like that I feel they might be a bit biased toward Fire.

You should play a spriest or disc. I tried leveling one up after i got flying. Its horrible
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Frost is very strong atm, and fire doesn't exactly struggle in dungeons even if it's weak in raids. How can you struggle with survivability given our barrier, blink/shimmer, ice block etc anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Frost is very strong atm, and fire doesn't exactly struggle in dungeons even if it's weak in raids. How can you struggle with survivability given our barrier, blink/shimmer, ice block etc anyway?
    Sigh, I am not struggling with survivability, but I should be. That is what a mage always was to me, struggling to survive but huge DPS. This was what made me love playing mage and I am just not getting the rewards now.

Deleted
    well I was hoping they might pick up on the general feeling instead of a Fire Mage PHD post.
    Yeah, because they can't get enough of "buff mages" posts in their own forums, they have to come here to read more.
    Good luck with that.

Read the last paragraph of this: https://askghostcrawler.tumblr.com/p...ople-who-whine
    You don't have a write a long post - or a technically detailed one - but whining about mage DPS probably doesn't break the signal/noise ratio. Your post needs to be actionable - right now it's just a statement.

0 percent chance blizzard are reading this stupid thread. Mages are incredibly strong right now, and among the most durable.
    Fire continues to be a crazy spec for 5 mans and any fight with lots of adds. Same with Arcane.
    Frost is one of the strongest single target specs in the game right now.

Sounds like the problem is your ability to play. You got too used to HFC Arcane or something?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account

this is rose tinted glasses for ya "Fire mage is shit and has never been shit"
    molten core and blackwing lair where mobs had all the fire resist
    and all the other times they were the worst of the mage specs

also really? you seem to be forgetting to use ice block?

and no they should not allways be top of recount
    you are a ranged spec, you have very good mobility with your blink/shimmer, you have timewarp
    does that mean rogues should also be the top in recount because they have mobility, melee so they dont need to cast, but are very squishy?

but as noob says above me, he says it perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Yeah, because they can't get enough of "buff mages" posts in their own forums, they have to come here to read more.
    Good luck with that.

Read the last paragraph of this: https://askghostcrawler.tumblr.com/p...ople-who-whine
    You don't have a write a long post - or a technically detailed one - but whining about mage DPS probably doesn't break the signal/noise ratio. Your post needs to be actionable - right now it's just a statement.
    I think I stuck with a fairly historical narrative of the mage class. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    0 percent chance blizzard are reading this stupid thread. Mages are incredibly strong right now, and among the most durable.
    Fire continues to be a crazy spec for 5 mans and any fight with lots of adds. Same with Arcane.
    Frost is one of the strongest single target specs in the game right now.

Sounds like the problem is your ability to play. You got too used to HFC Arcane or something?
    2nd highest behind Fury according to Simcraft, and the Frost Mages are always at the top in my Mythic raids.