Poll: KFC or Popeyes?

Thread: KFC or Popeyes?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Popeyes. No contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

For me, it really depends on the KFC/Popeye's I visit. Each location seems to vary greatly in quality.

The closest KFC to my home is pretty bad. The staff don't seem very lively and don't put in much effort visually.

The KFC closest to my work is amazing and I normally go once a month for lunch. Staff is pretty friendly too, food quality reflects it.

Popeye's is the same, but I only know of one local one which is great. The other one I know further downtown is pretty bad.

Though there is an old local place here called Ham & Eggs that does Cash only. They have some great biscuits, friendly staff, and they do great breakfasts in addition to their fried chicken lunches. I love their place, and my work normally gets take out from there every Friday.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-04-22 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    KFC for the Nashville hot chicken. Popeye's for everything else.

KFC with Tabasco sauce

Never heard of Popeyes

I've never had Popeyes before and KFC's chicken is disgusting.

Deleted
    This is like choosing between migraine and diarrhea.

Why do people eat that shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Popeyes.

We have some good local chains Bill Millers BBQ is great if you like fried chicken their BBQ and breakfast tacos are also good as well. Good tea too.

Chicken Express is a small chain but if you ever see one get you some tenders. They also have a large selection of sides the fried pickles okra and cheese sticks are great. They also have their own spice to put on the chicken ask for Spicy Serendipity if you like it hot. Skip the tea though they put WAY too much sugar you can feel the diabetes with every sip.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-04-22 at 08:17 AM.

Not choosing sides here. One thing I can tell you is that KFC is not today what it once was. My main bone of contention is the coleslaw. They simply changed the recipe from what was probably a thing divine to whatever slop they are producing now.

FWIW, I make better chicken than either of these places. I have my own spice formula.

Probably the only place I've had chicken that was close to as good as my own was a joint called "Slim Chickens." But I can't recommend anything else they make - all the sides and esp their sauces are unusually crap. But just the chicken is actually pretty good.

I think Popeyes is more of a Southern thang. We have tons of fried chicken places down here. After all, we invented it. Even some of the normal fast food restaurants sell fried chicken strips.
    I personally don't eat at many fast food places. However, every once in a while there is this local soul food place my family and I go to called Mami's Kitchen that has some great fried chicken and okra.

Neither.
    I haven't eaten fried food in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nobody who's ever been to a Popeye's in New Orleans would EVER make this comparison.

No really. The local stuff is fan-fucking-tastic.
    This. Well, at least it used to be this. I haven't been to a Popeye's in New Orleans in a while, but having been to one outside the state of LA, I can say there is a difference in the seasoning.

Anyway, definitely Popeye's. I mean... dirty rice with gravy is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    snip
    eh no offense, but if you think Bill Millers is good BBQ, then you either need to come up to KC and try some real BBQ or choose one of the better spots in your state of TX. ive tried them a couple of times (travel to TX often and they are every where) and it is just not good :P never had their chicken though

Have a friend who thought Popeyes was a catholic place, because of the name...
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Neither - has to be red... Red Rooster.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    KFC for the chicken... Popeyes for the biscuits (seriously, it's not a close call here).

If you want LEGIT good chicken? SUPER Chicken! Literally, that is what their name is. Best Peruvian chicken you get locally. $8 for a half-bird, basket of Plantains, some rice and a veggie! Can't beat the price, and the taste is amaze!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    eh no offense, but if you think Bill Millers is good BBQ, then you either need to come up to KC and try some real BBQ or choose one of the better spots in your state of TX. ive tried them a couple of times (travel to TX often and they are every where) and it is just not good :P never had their chicken though
    We're talking fast food Bill Miller is great for what it is, a fast food joint.

If I want bbq that will tempt the gods Ill smoke it myself. Smoked a brisket last Sunday that would make Gordon Ramsay, Paula Deen and Guy Fieri break into a spontaneous Texas Cage Match for the leftovers.

It was so soft and tender knives were completely unnecessary. I didn't even pull the BBQ sauce out because the flavor was so divine even a drop of it on the brisket would have been sacrilegious.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this even a question?

Popeye's easily.

But Southern Classic is even better.

Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15 years ago, KFC. Popeyes now. KFC gave up

Popeyes, no contest there...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    wtf is that in there? a roll?

boy you got to have biscuits with chicken, not rolls. biscuits and sweet tea.