Poll: Will you buy the Necromancer Pack?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, isn't that the fairly standard set bonus setup though?

The 2pc makes the set possible: Massive increase to DH damage while using a melee weapon, Allows Wizard to keep Slow Time up 100%, Thorns is now AoE

The 4 pc is the defensive bonus: Shadow Power gets all it's runes, Slow Times reduces your damage taken, Bombardment lowers your damage taken.

Then finally the 6pc makes the set viable, Impale deals HUGE amounts more damage, Enemies under Slow Time effect take more damage, a huge chunk of your thorns is applied on hit...

The only difference between the Necro sets and all the others is they're been a bit more relaxed with what skills the sets effect. They're much more broad bonus' which means that people have more leeway to create builds. This is a good thing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    This isn't all the acts though, they're going to continue expanding on the world and story. It was a full game with 3 acts, 4 acts, and soon 10 acts. They don't just scale content to infinity, you can actually "beat" path of exile, and it encourages trying out new classes and builds.
    But path of exile had the issue of you having to basically know what you wanted to go before you started putting points into talents etc. That's the major downside of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    This isn't all the acts though, they're going to continue expanding on the world and story. It was a full game with 3 acts, 4 acts, and soon 10 acts. They don't just scale content to infinity, you can actually "beat" path of exile, and it encourages trying out new classes and builds.
    Too bad Path of Exile is a lousy Diablo II clone with none of the charm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The class sets for Necromancer are looking really uninspired, they are carbon copies of each other

2set <Random popular skill> increases damage of skill by 100% or cooldown reduce on skill per enemy hit
    4set <Same random popular skill> reduces damage taken by x% per enemy hit (max 50%)
    6set <Same random popular skill> using skill increases damage of next one by 1500%

Necro is looking to be more OP than any previous classes apart from bugged versions of said classes. Make em op to get more sales hardly surprising
    It's not often you see someone so salty that they judge and condemn something before it's released or they've had a chance to test it themselves.

Haha, I'm kidding, that literally happens all the time.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's not often you see someone so salty that they judge and condemn something before it's released or they've had a chance to test it themselves.

Haha, I'm kidding, that literally happens all the time.
    Thats why theres this thing called the PTR where you can test these things. Or are you one of those "its beta" people

Thats why theres this thing called the PTR where you can test these things. Or are you one of those "its beta" people
    Last I checked the Necromancer is not available on the PTR unless you received a beta invite. In fact, I believe it's still disabled even for those who were invited unless they recently re-enabled it without saying anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked the Necromancer is not available on the PTR unless you received a beta invite. In fact, I believe it's still disabled even for those who were invited unless they recently re-enabled it without saying anything.
    Your point? The files/game play footage are all out there in the big wide world for any experienced diablo 3 player to pick up and see the basics of the class and have a great idea of how it will play and of course all information is subject to change at any time. Got anything else to add or we just gona go back and forth over this pointless shit?

Your point? The files/game play footage are all out there in the big wide world for any experienced diablo 3 player to pick up and see the basics of the class and have a great idea of how it will play and of course all information is subject to change at any time. Got anything else to add or we just gona go back and forth over this pointless shit?
    So in other words you've had zero experience with it and are just upset because it's Blizzard not catering to your desires. Noted.

7+ Year Old Account
    So in other words you've had zero experience with it and are just upset because it's Blizzard not catering to your desires. Noted.
    More of a missed opportunity to be creative with a stale game. Spin that however you like.

More of a missed opportunity to be creative with a stale game. Spin that however you like.
    Which is exactly as I said. Thankfully for the rest of us people like you are nothing more than a vocal minority.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is exactly as I said. Thankfully for the rest of us people like you are nothing more than a vocal minority.
    Got any stats to back up that claim of majority/minority? Ill be waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    Absolutely. Since 1995, I have bought everything that has been released by Blizzard, and I will most certainly continue to do so without question.
    hell no I aint no sheep. Diablo 3 was good for less then a months worth of play. Then after that it got real damn boring. Theres no new story just a new class big deal.
    They could charge nothing and i still wouldnt reinstall that game. Theres just so many better options out there to play.

Got any stats to back up that claim of majority/minority? Ill be waiting
    Considering they're not changing anything despite the whining? I'd say that's pretty good evidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering they're not changing anything despite the whining? I'd say that's pretty good evidence.
    o.O what?

Not even projected sales or anything? No marketing trends or previous sales of copies Just "blizz thinks its good enough so it must be" Yeah theres no real debate here.

I would buy this class pack if it has the following. New content (new zones, new skills, new type of paragon system.) New items. Customization options - AKA AN EXPANSION.

I wouldn't buy a game just because X company developed it. Just like I wouldn't hop on the bandwagon listening to a new song by famous rapper Snoop Dogg (Blizzard) - "Shit" (D3)
    Last edited by TnTizz; 2017-04-24 at 02:34 AM.

i just remembered how they changed the wow tokens.

i can buy this with wow gold lol. that's what i'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    hell no I aint no sheep. Diablo 3 was good for less then a months worth of play. Then after that it got real damn boring. Theres no new story just a new class big deal.
    They could charge nothing and i still wouldnt reinstall that game. Theres just so many better options out there to play.
    Like what? The isometric ARPG genre is not exactly brimming with contenders at the moment which is yet another testament to Blizzard's unwavering dedication to their userbase; they may not be making a killing with D3 or Starcraft, but they are still supporting those games for their fans.

Torchlight II was hacked from day 1 and that resulted in the proliferation of max level characters, before most players were even done with the first act. As for Path of Exile, it might have been a good game... back when D2 was released, maybe.

So yeah, I don't know bro. Unless you're going full console, there aren't all that many options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    But path of exile had the issue of you having to basically know what you wanted to go before you started putting points into talents etc. That's the major downside of it
    If you're familiar with the basics, you can throw together a build on the fly pretty easily. And it's not totally unfixable if you screw up, trade some currencies for orbs of regret and respec. Its just the trade-off of having so many options, you can't put it all on the character creation screen. And I don't find the alternative of giving people a limited pool of abilities nearly as appealing. (personal preference) I like that you can try to make crazy builds work. Too many games these days don't let you fail, I don't think theres anything wrong with this, though it isn't for everyone.

It also means with a bit of currency, you could completely respec a character from a melee to ranged build, life to ES, etc. You have a lot more options without just re-rolling another class and starting from scratch.

/opinions

I fail to see how its a lousy clone, it does things differently and has more/varied content. They are different games within the same genre. You could argue D2 was more influential at the time of its release but the market has grown a lot. Multi-million dollar games are being released every day, things aren't like they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    As for Path of Exile, it might have been a good game... back when D2 was released, maybe.
    6.9 Million owners just on steam (many people run it straight from the launcher because of how steam patches work), ~300k players in the past 2 weeks on steam. Clearly people disagree, it's fine that you don't like the game, but that doesn't make it bad.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2017-04-24 at 03:32 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

It'll probably be to expensive for me to want to buy it. I'm pretty bored with the current D3 and it needs more of a mix-up then just an extra class at a most likely pretty extravegent price.

I'll stick to Path of Exile unless the class is a bit on the cheap side as I probably won't invest enough time in to make buying it worth it if it's expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    ofc not.. why would i? POE > that shit
    Got to ask. Do you gain happyness talking poorly about what other people like? was it really needed to talk poorly about diablo? What does it gain you to be on a diablo forum and then praiseing PoE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant buy.