https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ead_of_itself/

It's comforting to know that I am not alone in questioning CIG's marketing. Sandi has no idea what she is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the netcode is no longer scheduled for 3.0. That's a major setback in terms of gameplay experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...date_20170421/
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-04-22 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

It's comforting to know that I am not alone in questioning CIG's marketing. Sandi has no idea what she is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the netcode is no longer scheduled for 3.0. That's a major setback in terms of gameplay experience.

Arrhh, that's disappointing to hear. Hopefully CIG rethinks/scales back on the marketing; at least wait until the final betas for doing this!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, a stretch goal feature won't be included in the 3.0 patch because it's not entirely required in building other systems. Likely has a lot to do with potential netcode issues existing post patch, no sense having to keep repairing the netcode right now in order to get optimal performance when it's likely to keep breaking with new updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh wow, a stretch goal feature won't be included in the 3.0 patch because it's not entirely required in building other systems. Likely has a lot to do with potential netcode issues existing post patch, no sense having to keep repairing the netcode right now in order to get optimal performance when it's likely to keep breaking with new updates.
    In my opinion 3.0 can't be the Jesus patch without the netcode. It's not going to run well, regardless of any reason they provided.

They should do the right thing and postpone the entire patch until Netcode is ready.

And fix the tutorial, so that new referrals( with CIG's new contest) can actually have a decent first user experience offline. It seems odd that it isn't a priority when CIG pushes marketing this hard for an unfinished product that doesn't have a functioning tutorial.

In my opinion 3.0 can't be the Jesus patch without the netcode. It's not going to run well, regardless of any reason they provided.

They should do the right thing and postpone the entire patch until Netcode is ready.

And fix the tutorial, so that new referrals( with CIG's new contest) can actually have a decent first user experience offline. It seems odd that it isn't a priority when CIG pushes marketing this hard for an unfinished product that doesn't have a functioning tutorial.
    Nope that's not how things work.
    3.0 is a content patch, the netcode is worked on separately. If it will be ready they will implement it right away -before 3.0-with 3.0-after 3.0 when ready.
    Also they need to test the new features, and start fixing bugs to be able to move forward beyond 3.0.
    Bare in mind: these game versions are not about optimal game experience. They are about testing game mechanics, and let backers see how the development goes.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on my experience playing other games that are in constant development using CryEngine, netcode issues have continually been a problem as more and more content patches get added. I'd be fine with it getting delayed until such point as major patches aren't getting added.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...date_20170421/[/QUOTE]

I would say that 147,5$Million dollars is enough to prove otherwise.

Netcode will be ongoing task, ofc it doesn't make sense to hold updates because of it. Gameplay experience is usually just important in the last stages of development, Star Citizen is different as it opened it's doors to players way earlier but I think they have been delivering updates long enough to know what should go or should go.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...date_20170421/]

I would say that 147,5$Million dollars is enough to prove otherwise.

Netcode will be ongoing task, ofc it doesn't make sense to hold updates because of it. Gameplay experience is usually just important in the last stages of development, Star Citizen is different as it opened it's doors to players way earlier but I think they have been delivering updates long enough to know what should go or should go.
    Be honest here, the product sold itself. Nothing that Sandi has done is the cause for all that. The funding rode in the train of Wing Commander, Freelancer and Chris Roberts' name. Sandi's direction in marketing only frustrates the community. The referral contest being the latest example of it.

She is so out of touch with gaming, marketing and the community. She doesn't belong there. The only reason she is there is because she happens to be Chris' wife. (That they tried to hide in the first place).

Sandi isn't a gamer, she's never been a part of a gaming community in her life. She has no education in marketing. She is just an actress who married the top guy. Those are all the facts.

Unless you can point to specific marketing examples that Sandi has done that were regarded as a success?

She is so out of touch with the community that she pushes the referral contest forward and thought it was a great idea.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-04-24 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be honest here, the product sold itself. Nothing that Sandi has done is the cause for all that. The funding rode in the train of Wing Commander, Freelancer and Chris Roberts' name. Sandi's direction in marketing only frustrates the community. The referral contest being the latest example of it.

She is so out of touch with gaming, marketing and the community. She doesn't belong there. The only reason she is there is because she happens to be Chris' wife. (That they tried to hide in the first place).

Sandi isn't a gamer, she's never been a part of a gaming community in her life. She has no education in marketing. She is just an actress who married the top guy. Those are all the facts.

Unless you can point to specific marketing examples that Sandi has done that were regarded as a success?

She is so out of touch with the community that she pushes the referral contest forward and thought it was a great idea.
    everyone thinking their are an expert with "facts" that are just opinions, smh. the only thing we know is that CIG tried to market a thing and it was not well received by a portion of the community. we do not know if it was Sandi's idea, if she pushed it, whether or not Sandi games, or whether or not she is out of touch with the community, hell we don't even know what size of the community was upset by it. could it have been more thought out as far as impact to the current structure? sure. could they change it to make it better and to add retroactive additions and the ability to add referrals post backing if there is no referral code attached to an account? i hope so. but to blame this all on one person is a little much, especially given how CIG showed they make decisions for the games development. all in all, we don't know.

it's really sad that people have adopted this corrosive attitude that feelings, biases or opinions are valid substitutes for actual, verifiable and conclusive FACTS!!!!! /sigh
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    everyone thinking their are an expert with "facts" that are just opinions, smh. the only thing we know is that CIG tried to market a thing and it was not well received by a portion of the community. we do not know if it was Sandi's idea, if she pushed it, whether or not Sandi games, or whether or not she is out of touch with the community, hell we don't even know what size of the community was upset by it. could it have been more thought out as far as impact to the current structure? sure. could they change it to make it better and to add retroactive additions and the ability to add referrals post backing if there is no referral code attached to an account? i hope so. but to blame this all on one person is a little much, especially given how CIG showed they make decisions for the games development. all in all, we don't know.

it's really sad that people have adopted this corrosive attitude that feelings, biases or opinions are valid substitutes for actual, verifiable and conclusive FACTS!!!!! /sigh
    She's the boss. Where I am from It's the boss that's responsibile for final calls and decisionmaking. It's perfectly reasonable to put the blame on her for it.

She's the boss. Where I am from It's the boss that's responsibile for final calls and decisionmaking. It's perfectly reasonable to put the blame on her for it.
    If you blame her for this one as her idea, she pushed it, then the marketing success is her success as well.
    Or is she only the boss when something didn't worked so well in your opinion?
    Saying they have nearly 150 million because WC and Chris Roberts is stupid. The first few ten millions yeah, but after that i don't think so. All the ship sales timed right pulling in 5-10 million dollars, game packages, etc are someones decision.

You can either say this one is her fault, and the others are her success, or neither are her doings, but you can't blame the bad decision on her because "she is the boss of marketing" and say she had nothing to do with the successful marketing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    If you blame her for this one as her idea, she pushed it, then the marketing success is her success as well.
    Or is she only the boss when something didn't worked so well in your opinion?
    Saying they have nearly 150 million because WC and Chris Roberts is stupid. The first few ten millions yeah, but after that i don't think so. All the ship sales timed right pulling in 5-10 million dollars, game packages, etc are someones decision.

You can either say this one is her fault, and the others are her success, or neither are her doings, but you can't blame the bad decision on her because "she is the boss of marketing" and say she had nothing to do with the successful marketing choices.
    Do you have any examples of marketing events that she did well? Decisions that she made? Because I have plenty of the opposite.
    Crediting her for something she had no influence in doesn't work. You being unable to give examples of what exactly you think she did that was so gamechanging says it all. They just don't exist.

The car basically drove itself, and while she was in the driver seat, she had no control of the car. That was the crowdfunding process. Now she is trying to drive the car herself but she keeps crashing into everyone and she doesn't even have a license.

Sandi is trying, I'll give her that. But she is so out of touch with gamers, gaming and marketing. She is supposed to put a stop to things like the referral contest being handled so poorly, but she genuinely seems to think it is a good idea.

I also don't like her because she specifically called backers "snowflakes" (literally having no respect for the people paying her good salary) and her meltdowns in e-mails.

The only time I've defended Sandi was when Derek Smart attacked her with the tickle fetish videos she was involved in. She didn't deserve that and I stood by her then.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-04-24 at 05:58 PM.

Do you have any examples of marketing events that she did well? Decisions that she made? Because I have plenty of the opposite.
    Crediting her for something she had no influence in doesn't work. You being unable to give examples of what exactly you think she did that was so gamechanging says it all. They just don't exist.

The car basically drove itself, and while she was in the driver seat, she had no control of the car. That was the crowdfunding process. Now she is trying to drive the car herself but she keeps crashing into everyone and she doesn't even have a license.

Sandi is trying, I'll give her that. But she is so out of touch with gamers, gaming and marketing. She is supposed to put a stop to things like the referral contest being handled so poorly, but she genuinely seems to think it is a good idea.

I also don't like her because she specifically called backers "snowflakes" (literally having no respect for the people paying her good salary) and her meltdowns in e-mails.

The only time I've defended Sandi was when Derek Smart attacked her with the tickle fetish videos she was involved in. She didn't deserve that and I stood by her then.
    I will not give you any examples, because i didn't stated anything. I just said if "she is the boss" on the wrong decisions, then "she is the boss" on the good ones as well.

You said she made this decision because "she is the boss" and she had nothing to do with the success, so go on prove it now after you said you have plenty of examples. Lets hear the list of events and marketing decisions someone else made with sources.

Until then it seems you are just throwing around nonsense, as you know nothing more about her than any of us here. I hope you will come up with something more than repeating the "she didn't make any good marketing that was just the crowdfunding, but all that gone bad is her decision"
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2017-04-24 at 06:24 PM.

I will not give you any examples, because i didn't stated anything. I just said if "she is the boss" on the wrong decisions, then "she is the boss" on the good ones as well.

You said she made this decision because "she is the boss" and she had nothing to do with the success, so go on prove it now after you said you have plenty of examples. Lets hear the list of events and marketing decisions someone else made with sources.

Until then it seems you are just throwing around nonsense, as you know nothing more about her than any of us here. I hope you will come up with something more than repeating the "she didn't make any good marketing that was just the crowdfunding, but all that gone bad is her decision"
    It isn't nonsense to claim that the marketing boss is responsible for the marketing events she is pulling right now.
    You're trying to say that the number of money that was raised is related to her in any way shape or form, when she did nothing spectacular at all.

It'd be different if you could point out what she did well, but since you can't (she literally did nothing at all to Influence crowdfunding rate) you're the one with nonsense.
    If you tie her being the boss with the amount raised, the burden of proof is on you to show what she did specifically. I was there, and she did absolutely nothing apart from existing and pretending she didn't know Chris very well.

It isn't nonsense to claim that the marketing boss is responsible for the marketing events she is pulling right now.
    Yeah of course, but she had nothing to do with the things they pulled before...makes sense right? (hint: no it's not)

You're trying to say that the number of money that was raised is related to her in any way shape or form, when she did nothing spectacular at all.
    Which of course you don't know as i assume your are not on the CIG marketing team, and you fail to show anything to back you up, just repeating your mantra.

It'd be different if you could point out what she did well, but since you can't (she literally did nothing at all to Influence crowdfunding rate) you're the one with nonsense.
    If you tie her being the boss with the amount raised, the burden of proof is on you to show what she did specifically. I was there, and she did absolutely nothing apart from existing and pretending she didn't know Chris very well.
    Let me just quote you here: "It isn't nonsense to claim that the marketing boss is responsible for the marketing events she is pulling right now."
    You still failed to grasp your own twisted logic, that you only want her to be the boss of marketing now for this only instance. If they have a good ship sale or event then i assume you will say that has nothing to do with her. Oh excuse me you were there? Sorry i didn't knew you were sitting at the marketing meetings at CIG where "she did absolutely nothing".

So in short it seems you have nothing "Because I have plenty of the opposite." examples, and you know nothing more about her work than any of us, just pulling things out of your backside. See my last sentence in #3998, i was hoping you really have something, but as it was predictable you just stick to your "she is only the boss of marketing on this one not so good idea, until now she didn't do anything"

I'm out from this, there's no point arguing with someone who just repeats a mantra, and cannot back it up with anything.

Yeah of course, but she had nothing to do with the things they pulled before...makes sense right? (hint: no it's not)

Which of course you don't know as i assume your are not on the CIG marketing team, and you fail to show anything to back you up, just repeating your mantra.

Let me just quote you here: "It isn't nonsense to claim that the marketing boss is responsible for the marketing events she is pulling right now."
    You still failed to grasp your own twisted logic, that you only want her to be the boss of marketing now for this only instance. If they have a good ship sale or event then i assume you will say that has nothing to do with her. Oh excuse me you were there? Sorry i didn't knew you were sitting at the marketing meetings at CIG where "she did absolutely nothing".

So in short it seems you have nothing "Because I have plenty of the opposite." examples, and you know nothing more about her work than any of us, just pulling things out of your backside. See my last sentence in #3998, i was hoping you really have something, but as it was predictable you just stick to your "she is only the boss of marketing on this one not so good idea, until now she didn't do anything"

I'm out from this, there's no point arguing with someone who just repeats a mantra, and cannot back it up with anything.
    I did back it up. I literally told you 2 posts ago about the referral contest being a prime example of her bad judgement. You're the one that can't back up your own claim.

I repeat. What things? She hasn't pulled any good marketing event whatsoever. You can't even give one example of any good "thing" she has pulled. Deep down, you just know they don't exist and know whatever you try to credit to Sandi in particular is easily crushed.

The bottom line is that Sandi is not a gamer, has no education in marketing(she lied about it on LinkedIn), is incredibly rude and the only reason she's involved with the project is because she is married to Chris.

Who is more likely to be right logically with her proven background, me or you?

You're just one of those that can't criticise CIG no matter what. I already crushed your position of defending Sandi, now you want to run? All right, go.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, just fucking stop it. if you do not have any actual and verifiable evidence to show us to corroborate your claim, just shut the fuck up! your shit is tiresome. an accusation is NOT proof in and of itself, you have to actually back it up with evidence; an official CIG post, tweet, anything to actually give credence to your accusations otherwise they are just stupid, baseless, childish and a waste of fucking time.

anyway, back to the game. someone on Reddit HERE messed around in photoshop and came up with some images. the outpost environment ones actual look plausible for the SC universe:

pretty damn cool, imo.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

I did back it up. I literally told you 2 posts ago about the referral contest being a prime example of her bad judgement. You're the one that can't back up your own claim.
    Hehe no you are not. In fact you are so deep in your agenda you don't even know what we are talking about any more. Noone questioned Sandi's involvement in the referral program as she is the head of marketing. What was questioned that you said she had nothing to do with any other marketing decisions, because "you were there" (#3999)etc.

I repeat. What things? She hasn't pulled any good marketing event whatsoever. You can't even give one example of any good "thing" she has pulled. Deep down, you just know they don't exist and know whatever you try to credit to Sandi in particular is easily crushed.
    She is the head of marketing since forever, but you still going on about she had nothing to do with any good decisions in the last 5 years that netted 140+million, only this last one which had a not so good decision. Again prove it, that she had nothing to do with any marketing decisions, because you state it as a fact. I don't need to prove the opposite, she is the head of marketing it's obvious she had something to do with the marketing decisions.

The bottom line is that Sandi is not a gamer, has no education in marketing(she lied about it on LinkedIn), is incredibly rude and the only reason she's involved with the project is because she is married to Chris.
    The real bottom line is: You don't know any more about her than anyone on the internet, but still you pose like you do.

Who is more likely to be right logically with her proven background, me or you?
    Well as you state that a head of marketing had nothing to do with marketing for 5 years, then suddenly her only decision is the one which didn't fare well, i'd say you have no logic at all, so obviously not you who is right
    In fact you seem more and more comical

You're just one of those that can't criticise CIG no matter what. I already crushed your position of defending Sandi, now you want to run? All right, go.
    Noone criticizes CIG here, just one person (means you) acting like they know anything about another person (Sandi), stating accusations as fact, but failing to provide any proof instead sneaking away from that every time.

The only thing you crushed is your own reputation, and your slim chance that anyone take you seriously in the future. I must admit this one you did really well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    -snip-
    pretty damn cool, imo.
    That is cool, thanks for sharing!

On unrelated note, those two people arguing, uuuggghhh
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    new AtV out nice to see the game coming along. this was my favorite part of the AtV apart from the Plant-to-Planet video they had:

Click Gif to view in Fullscreen!

you can catch up on the latest AtV below: