Versatility gear

So, i've been doing my best to gear my rogue.. and blizz continues to slap "versatility" gear in my face.. am i doing something wrong? do i need ot set my loot to a different spec? any help would be greatly appreciated. i mean i have 1 legendary and it's a pair of 910 will of valeera's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incrue View Post
    So, i've been doing my best to gear my rogue.. and blizz continues to slap "versatility" gear in my face.. am i doing something wrong? do i need ot set my loot to a different spec? any help would be greatly appreciated. i mean i have 1 legendary and it's a pair of 910 will of valeera's
    Depends which spec you are

Just do NH bosses which drops Tiers.

i'm assassination.

- - - Updated - - -

only time i get to see NH is via LFR. my work schedule doesnt allow me to be a "raider"

You're not providing much info. What's your character name/armory link? There's not much gear to "go for" other than trying to farm nethershards and target specific slots for potential upgrades. Other than that, pray to RNGesus that you'll get a decent legendary and some tier gear from lfr or whatever difficulty you raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface View Post
    You're not providing much info. What's your character name/armory link? There's not much gear to "go for" other than trying to farm nethershards and target specific slots for potential upgrades. Other than that, pray to RNGesus that you'll get a decent legendary and some tier gear from lfr or whatever difficulty you raid.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...u%C3%A9/simple thats my armory. yeah, i spent 5k on a chest and got mastery/vers.
    Last edited by Incrue; 2017-04-22 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...u%C3%A9/simple thats my armory. yeah, i spent 5k on a chest and got mastery/vers.
    You have a ton of haste. Haste is terrible for rogues now, Mastery > crit=vers generally speaking. So yeah, you're not in a bad spot lol.

Deleted
    and blizz continues to slap "versatility" gear in my face
    you have 20% haste and 6% versatility. Versatility is not your problem.
    Also, not to sound elitist but is 860 ilvl even worth talking about? — go to NH, it will all drop for you.

only time i get to see NH is via LFR. my work schedule doesnt allow me to be a "raider"
    Pug it, my first HC Gul'dan kill was with PUG. Couldn't wait next week to kill him with my guild.

Deleted
    Avoid haste like the plague. Versatility is actually better than crit providing you have the shoulders. Otherwise it's the same value as crit, and even then, I'd pick vers over crit as you get defensive and offensive stats from it.

Hey bud, just keep gearing and get your ilvl to like 880+ spam N NH / H NH, get your tier then aim to tune your spec for 25-35% Crit and 150% Mastery. Vers is not terrible (it actually is worth having once you have the rest of the % as mentioned), Haste is trash. Mastery is super important but you always want to have 25+% crit to smooth out your rotation.
    Chaining specs wont help you get specific secondary stats. only legendary.

Hope one of these answers your question?

versatility is like your 2nd/3rd best stat....

i'm assassination.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you only get to sit down less than an hour at a time(in which case fine another game) you can easily raid heroic. Tired excuse is tired.

i'm assassination.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to agree that this excuse is lame... I'm married. Work full time in a professional career. Recently completed a 3 year certification and still completed 13/13M HFC, 7/7M EN, and so far 4/10M NH (current guild is 4 hours a week)...

Super lame excuse.