What about PvP Destro?

Ive veen playing a destro lok since 2008 and agree with everyones assessment that the class feels completely broken at the moment but also I see some positive changes in 7.2.5 on the way....
    In all of the talk no one really talks about pvp and if you look at arena or rated bg you quickly see Destro is all but useless in a duel (I can't think of any class that is as vulnerable yet has such limited movement and therefore survivability)
    Whats happening with that? It feels like we have real potential as a class if the right improvements are made but in 1v1, 2v2 & rated bg we are trash at the moment and can't survive unless focussed healed. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear about it and learn some new technique for pvp. If i'm right i would love to hear from bliz what the plan is to improve survivability in any (all?) Pvp scenarios where we are currently chain stunned training dummies with long cast times and our main mitigation has a 1min cd with 100% predictability built in (just gate camp the lock and it will die in seconds). It just seems incedibly poorly thought out and no one seems to be mentioning it in any planned changes from what I see so far..

Shawt
    iLVL 876 destro gnome
    Alterac mountains

Deleted
    Well Chaosbolt's gonna be buffed due to the pve changes. But we've been down that road before.

It seems Blizzard takes issue with a lengthy, easily interruptable cast doing a lot of damage. But if a melee globals you with non avoidable instant casts that's ok, kek.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEBKK View Post
    In all of the talk no one really talks about pvp and if you look at arena or rated bg you quickly see Destro is all but useless in a duel
    This is an issue with most classes. I believe MoP and Cata were the only expansions that had decent 1v1 gameplay, because there was a boatload of utility at our disposal. The problem is Arena suffered as a result.

In the end, PvP is balanced around 3v3, and most classes are designed to be played with a few friends by your side. I don't like it, but that's how it is unless Blizzard changes it.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2017-04-24 at 01:55 AM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    This is an issue with most classes. I believe MoP and Cata were the only expansions that had decent 1v1 gameplay, because there was a boatload of utility at our disposal. The problem is Arena suffered as a result.

In the end, PvP is balanced around 3v3, and most classes are designed to be played with a few friends by your side. I don't like it, but that's how it is unless Blizzard changes it.
    Sounds like a safer bet to shelve my lock and roll another class then? at least I haven't spent my lvl100 character boost...

QQ time:
    Its a real shame to have worked literally for years on building a character and then for it to become so bad due to some guy in a office somewhere tinkering with something that I've actually subscribed, paid for and worked on. TBH if I drop the lock due to it being so hard to play competitively then what's the point of playing wow at all? next patch could do the same to any other character and the time and money spent becomes useless once again.

Other classes such as pally, mage, priest, druid, rogue seem to have a consistently high utility, competitiveness and class stability and that's what I thought about warlocks through BC and WOTLK but here we are; BG trash. I cant even find an arena team willing to take on a destro lock (and I cant blame them really, I probably wouldn't either)

frustrating situation.

It's annoying when you're bound to a class/spec/AP in that specific class and spec and it becomes 'bad' on a certain point. I guess we have to suck it up.

Destro PVP is awesome in (R)BG's but in Arena you get trained and when you're defensive cd's are depleted you die.
    With all the escapes being talent choices you are essentially screwed when facing melee's.

Affliction is viable with a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEBKK View Post
    Ive veen playing a destro lok since 2008 and agree with everyones assessment that the class feels completely broken at the moment but also I see some positive changes in 7.2.5 on the way....
    In all of the talk no one really talks about pvp and if you look at arena or rated bg you quickly see Destro is all but useless in a duel (I can't think of any class that is as vulnerable yet has such limited movement and therefore survivability)
    Whats happening with that? It feels like we have real potential as a class if the right improvements are made but in 1v1, 2v2 & rated bg we are trash at the moment and can't survive unless focussed healed. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear about it and learn some new technique for pvp. If i'm right i would love to hear from bliz what the plan is to improve survivability in any (all?) Pvp scenarios where we are currently chain stunned training dummies with long cast times and our main mitigation has a 1min cd with 100% predictability built in (just gate camp the lock and it will die in seconds). It just seems incedibly poorly thought out and no one seems to be mentioning it in any planned changes from what I see so far..

Shawt
    iLVL 876 destro gnome
    Alterac mountains
    In 3s destro is R1 viable atm, you just need a proper comp to run it.
    In 2s not so much really and in rbgs most teams want an afflock for the spread pressure although I am seeing some ST destro on FC maps every once in a while, I figure it's mainly being used for bursting the FC when he has enough stacks + the MS effect from fissure if they dont have an MS effect on the team.

To be fair though, it is a tedious spec to run at the moment, fire mage would be a more suitable choice if you want to solo / do bgs etc.