Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whats wrong with the second comment he said thought? Its a sport event, if you cant take the noise, you shouldnt be playing professionally. I mean its not golf ffs. They are running after a ball letting out monkey screams. Even table top event like Magic the gathering are noisy. Put your ear plugs in or piss off?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all Ilie Nastase is former player, now coach.
    Two, why are people call HIM she?
    Three, it was a tasteless joke but nothing controversial.
    Four, if anything he should be investigated for his outburst on court.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Wow. Aren't we supposed to be making progress on this stuff?
    I see no problem with that comment.

I fail to see how his comment is offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I fail to see how his comment is offensive.
    So racism isn't offensive is what you're saying?

So racism isn't offensive is what you're saying?
    In your formulation, what was the racism involved?

Of course the majority of this forum doesn't see any problems with describing a biracial baby as a "chocolate" baby.

I don't know what is more offensive this or Bill O'Riley's 'Hot chocolate' sexual harassment comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Of course the majority of this forum doesn't see any problems with describing a biracial baby as a "chocolate" baby.
    Probably due to it not being inherently racist, as chocolate is often used to describe a colour, in the same way that cream and olive are.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    In your formulation, what was the racism involved?
    Are you a person of colour? You don't get to decide what people of colour deem racist. When racism is the topic of discussion white people should just listen. When sexism is the topic of discussion men should just listen. This is why I strongly believe that men should never identify as feminists since that takes the spot light away from women. I mean look at main stream media, men get more props for identifying as feminists than women. Men should identify as allies and not occupy any position of power within a feminist organisation.

But getting back to my original point, a white person describing someone's skin colour as chocolate is racist because it reduces someone's racial identity to a sugary snack. Now please listen to what we are telling you.

As much as I think he's an asshole I don't see the racism in his comment. Baby between white and black can end up chocolate milk, can't it?

I really would like an explanation. I understand racism as a way to belittle a race or treat it as inferiors but that comment has nothing of that. As true as the fact they're both human is the fact they have different skin colours.

Offensive maybe, racist ... I wouldn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Probably due to it not being inherently racist, as chocolate is often used to describe a colour, in the same way that cream and olive are.
    Wassup milky?
    How's it goin yellow cake?

How do you feel about these statements?

I'm pretty sure most people would rather not be referred to as the food that their skin color best represents.

Deleted

I don't know what is more offensive this or Bill O'Riley's 'Hot chocolate' sexual harassment comment.
    Goes both ways, I am yet to see anybody who does see problem there be able to actually explain what it actually is - you know other than "it racist" - I don't see how that is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just because this comes up so often and is left with "get over it", what's the actual psychological mechanism of change involved in thickening your skin?
    First step would be apply logic, second step is to ask yourself "how does said thing obectively affect me, world or anyone, what damage is done by that action(if any)? ", third step would be find something else to do/care about than getting upset over small things

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get to decide what people of colour deem racist.
    Neither do coloured people, it is the definition of the word in the language used that determines if it constitutes racism.

Are you a person of colour? You don't get to decide what people of colour deem racist. When racism is the topic of discussion white people should just listen. When sexism is the topic of discussion men should just listen. This is why I strongly believe that men should never identify as feminists since that takes the spot light away from women. I mean look at main stream media, men get more props for identifying as feminists than women. Men should identify as allies and not occupy any position of power within a feminist organisation.

But getting back to my original point, a white person describing someone's skin colour as chocolate is racist because it reduces someone's racial identity to a sugary snack. Now please listen to what we are telling you.
    He's reducing the parents' skin colour combination to a sugary snack. Not the baby's parents, at least not from the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wassup milky?
    How's it goin yellow cake?

How do you feel about these statements?
    I do not give a shit.

I'm pretty sure most people would rather not be referred to as the food that their skin color best represents.
    I have olive skin, it does not bother me if anyone said that, nor anyone else I know with olive skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've finally figured it out guys. Our very own friendly neighborhood @Tennisace is actually Ilie Nastase from the future. In short order we invent time travel, and because he is so ashamed of his actions he comes back in time on a SJW crusade to try to atone for his actions.

Deleted
    Are you a person of colour... When sexism is the topic of discussion men should just listen...
    And like that you've lost all credibility(if you had any to begin with). Sexism can affect both female and male alike. Telling one party to "shut up" based solely on their sex is actually sexist. Congratulations you've just become hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I do not give a shit.

I have olive skin, it does not bother me if anyone said that, nor anyone else I know with olive skin.
    Really really arrogant to act like you understand what is or is not racism towards black individuals.

Deleted
    Really really arrogant to act like you understand what is or is not racism towards black individuals.
    So are you saying that somebody who is not black can not be affected by racism and therefor could not possibly comprehend it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you getting mixed up what account you are replying on?

Racism is determined by the definition in the language used, not by the individual, so it is irrelevant what colour skin the person has.