Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The use of the word chocolate when describing a black woman's skin especially has racist and derogatory undertones. It's almost a code word used by racist people and it is not socially acceptable hence the black lash against his comment. Hence the backlash against Bill O'Riley. Hence the backlash when Cadbury ran an ad describing Naomi campbell as a chocolate diva.
    And by your logic none of this means it's racist just because some black people define it as racist. They don't decide what all black people think is racist.

black lash .
    As an African American, I am offended by your use of the word Black Lash... How dare you. are you a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Explain what the derogatory undertone is? That black women are sweet? I mean, racism is believing another race is inferior, explain in what way refering to a colour as chocolate is believing it to be inferior.

I mean let's be honest here, very few people are actually "black" or "white" as referred to on a colour sheet, so people often use descriptive words prior to those colours to clarify the tone. So we've got olive boy up there, I'd be pale white, my GF could be milky white. I mean, I don't actually know why I am replying to you, but whatever.
    Keep in mind, racism is defined by what Shinra decides all black people should believe (if they're "good" blacks in his view), based on his own musings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jswizzle View Post
    ..... I am black
    Oh dear. How desperate. I have participated in many online discussions about race but there's always a point when someone who isn't black pretends to be black to gain credibility.

Even if you're black there was no need for you to assert that especially so late in the conversations. If you did it to gain my respect you still do not have it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You cannot tell a raped woman how she must be feeling
    Sure ya can. Most people on this site do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. How desperate.
    Bit patronising to call someone "desperate" for being black.

Oh dear. How desperate. I have participated in many online discussions about race but there's always a point when someone who isn't black pretends to be black to gain credibility.

Even if you're black there was no need for you to assert that especially so late in the conversations. If you did it to gain my respect you still do not have it.
    Believe what you want cupcake, seeing as you were the one deeming who could and could not say something was racist. And only black folks could deem what is racist towards black folks, I figured I should let you know I am African American.

~Edit~

My first comment on this whole thread was #45, second comment letting you know I was black was #54.. man such a long break to "pretend" to be black.
    Last edited by TStreets; 2017-04-24 at 03:00 PM.

The use of the word chocolate when describing a black woman's skin especially has racist and derogatory undertones. It's almost a code word used by racist people and it is not socially acceptable hence the black lash against his comment. Hence the backlash against Bill O'Riley. Hence the backlash when Cadbury ran an ad describing Naomi campbell as a chocolate diva.
    From my expierence with a few black woman they infact love being called "hot chocolate" . But they were mostly original african girls/caribean. Maybe african americans are the problem - the blacks I encountered didnt seem to have this victim complex african americans developed over time.

Sweet Chocolate is something everyone loves. Describing somones skin color as "poop/piss/pus" colored is racist but milk/chocolate is not.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-04-24 at 03:04 PM.

Offended cucks in this topic make me laugh. Grow a pair you fags.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-24 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to know what this investigation will involve.

Why is there all the sudden a grey area for free speech? There should be no middle ground, either you can say whatever or you cannot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when are race threads allowed?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Since when are race threads allowed?
    This is about tennis, not racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    We should be progressing toward thickening our skin, or would that be regressing. I'm not sure but either way today's generation is full of thin skinned drama queens. Why is this even a news article? Oh, because people love being offended and announcing it. Who cares what some old dude said.
    +1

I really fell sorry for the next generation

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    First step in an investigation then the WTA should determine the necessary level of punishment.
    While we there what about the HUGE rule breaking the referee did in favor of UK with Johanna Konta ''incident'' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Seems like society can punish her with their opinions if they thought the comments were offensive
    That's what would happen. And since she's associated with the ITF, it'll reflect poorly on them too.
    So they take it into their own hands, make a big deal out of an "investigation", then dish out a "punishment" to appease the public.

Pretty sure this kind of thing is mostly a PR game.

Deleted
    Who was it again that said that sjws & virtue signallers who are perma triggered on behalf of other races than themselves, don't really exist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Wow. Aren't we supposed to be making progress on this stuff?
    Kill yourself.

infracted - flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-24 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Relevant.

/10char
    This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

This is a joke thread, right? I understand organizations et al being a bunch of whiny fuckers, but you can't really consider "baby's gonna be choco-milk" as a fucking offensive statement, right?

He didn't call her a nigger, didn't make threats, hate speeches, or anything of the sort. And you can understand a fucking trainer getting pissed off during a game. Looking at football, those guys look like they want to strangle someone to death.

Fuck every thin-skinned drama-queen. That is all.