39 41.49%
  • We are fine as we are not expecting anything

7 7.45%
  • Stay the same

9 9.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    At the moment priests are the worst damage class in nighthold. Every spec that is below us has a chance to respec to a stronger one if they really want to push it and all other 1 dps spec classes are ahead.
    Well, to be completely honest, its more a matter of bad content type maybe? Nighthold simply do not have any true multidot fights. No, botanist is not a multidot fight either because multidot = spread cleave, while botanist is stacked cleave. Nighthold heavily favors melee in terms of boss mechanics, allowing them to almost 100% uptime @boss while ranged are rapidly bombarded with abilities requiring heavy movement, and we all know how shitty ranged are when they have to move. Overall, Nighthold bosses are mostly either stacked cleave or single target, both with tons of ranged movement, both of those are death sentence to shadow priest damage. If maybe blizzard will pull their fingers out of their asses and for a change create content for everyone, not only for fucking tunneling recount raping mindless melees, I bet SP will have much better time.

Still, since blizzard are well known for not admitting their mistakes for years, and legion is called "world of meleecraft" for a reason, I'm preparing my BM hunter for ToS, and strongly advice anyone who does not want to be a burden to their raid team do the same.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Here are some of my opinions.
    1. Utility
    -VE needs buff or reduce cooldown
    -Mindbomb needs to activate sooner
    -Silence needs shorter cooldown

2. Movement
    -When tomb hits and we lose our current 4set, we will feel it.
    -We have no instant movement, cast while moving or ability to store instant casts, EVERY OTHER ranged class has something.

3. AoE (not multidot)
    -Might as well not exist, its clunky, its got ramp up, it does no damage
    -AoE is supposed to be on demand spammy 'lets clean up this pack right now' style

4. Multidot
    -Either OP as hell (council fights) or completely useless (fights with no adds) this means that DPS variation with the current model is Below average or OP as shit, if the later, blizz nerfs the hell our of us.

5. Single target
    -Absolutely dreadful and now we're going to be relying on pets even more..

7+ Year Old Account
    Subtlety is looking sweet rn. And it only took a couple of simple obvious changes. It's what I'm hoping to happen to shadow before patch release but I digress. It needs a shit ton of changes to make it 'feel' fun. We prolly only gonna get flat buffs being that Voidform, insanity and stm are so tightly relevant to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Subtlety is looking sweet rn. And it only took a couple of simple obvious changes. It's what I'm hoping to happen to shadow before patch release but I digress. It needs a shit ton of changes to make it 'feel' fun. We prolly only gonna get flat buffs being that Voidform, insanity and stm are so tightly relevant to each other.
    The only thing Blizzard ever sneaks in before a raid goes live for Shadow is nerfs. Like clockwork.

i do think we need one but i dont think we will get one

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    At the moment priests are the worst damage class in nighthold. Every spec that is below us has a chance to respec to a stronger one if they really want to push it and all other 1 dps spec classes are ahead.
    in reality no one does that in Legion because absurd AP investment. shitty fix-ppl-to-1-spec was the worst thing blizz ever did, imo. eberybody knowed (and blizz have should knowed that too) that they are way to bad to balance every spec accordingly (because they never did). poor multiple-same-role classes in this picture:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

why i say this? bc, you should be happy to just have 1 dps role and suck. its 10 times harder to have 3 dps roles and suck, bc you invested all your AP in the wrong one.

and next patch everything changes again.

Legion is the cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    in reality no one does that in Legion because absurd AP investment. shitty fix-ppl-to-1-spec was the worst thing blizz ever did, imo. eberybody knowed (and blizz have should knowed that too) that they are way to bad to balance every spec accordingly (because they never did). poor multiple-same-role classes in this picture:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

why i say this? bc, you should be happy to just have 1 dps role and suck. its 10 times harder to have 3 dps roles and suck, bc you invested all your AP in the wrong one.

and next patch everything changes again.

Legion is the cancer.
    Again, this argument is completely wrong. Sure it sucks for you to have spent your ap/legendaries for the wrong spec but you at least still have gear/cross spec legendaries/level 110/quests done/artifact knowledge earned. If as a priest you wish to play another dps spec you have to start all over from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    in reality no one does that in Legion because absurd AP investment.
    I personally know of three people on my mythic raid team who have done that exact thing, a DK that went from unholy to frost, a hunter that went from MM to BM, and a warrior that went from Arms to Fury, all in nighthold. Grinding AP to catch a spec up isn't that hard, and certainly not as much of a setback as gearing up an entire alt. Heck I keep my Holy spec about 5 levels off of my main spec, (46 shadow, 41 holy).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I personally know of three people on my mythic raid team who have done that exact thing, a DK that went from unholy to frost, a hunter that went from MM to BM, and a warrior that went from Arms to Fury, all in nighthold. Grinding AP to catch a spec up isn't that hard, and certainly not as much of a setback as gearing up an entire alt. Heck I keep my Holy spec about 5 levels off of my main spec, (46 shadow, 41 holy).
    In my guild situation is the same. 2 mages went Frost, one DK went Frost, 1 warrior went Fury and 2 hunters went from MM to BM. Switching specs is much easier than rerolling whole class.

imo ppl are a bit dellusional. if you wanna play max this expansion, and wanna switch specs, you have to

- do A LOT of grind to get to the same AP level for the offspec (ofc you have to repeat the same amount of time you had to come to your actually main spec AP level, the more you grinded the much more you have to repeat, and that alone is absurd)
    - get the optimal relics again
    - get the optimal legendaries
    - get trinkets

and all of them is based heavily on rng.

really guys, if someone wanna told me "its same or easier to switch to offspec these days, than before bc you dont have to farm gear" i could just laugh and call you dellusional. in older xpacs to aquire a complete second gear set was lightyears easier than that things above. liiiiiightyears. hell, you even had half the gear from loot trash already in bags. and to farm dedicated gear, you needed 1/4 - 1/8 of the time you need in Legion for the stuff above. and it was waaaay less based on rng.

if you really believe you are faster in Legion to be full offspec ready in an optimal way, in comparsisson to older addons, you are either dellusional or you have to check your brains recall abilities. sorry, but .... no.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-25 at 06:42 AM.

imo ppl are a bit dellusional. if you wanna play max this expansion, and wanna switch specs, you have to

- do A LOT of grind to get to the same AP level for the offspec (ofc you have to repeat the same amount of time you had to come to your actually main spec AP level, the more you grinded the much more you have to repeat, and that alone is absurd)
    - get trinkets

really guys, if someone wanna told me "its same or easier to switch to offspec these days, than before bc you dont have to farm gear" i could just laugh and call you dellusional. in older xpacs to aquire a complete second gear set was lightyears easier than that things above. liiiiiightyears. hell, you even had half the gear from loot trash already in bags. and to farm dedicated gear, you needed 1/4 - 1/8 of the time you need in Legion for the stuff above. and it was waaaay less based on rng.

if you really believe you are faster in Legion to be full offspec ready in an optimal way, in comparsisson to older addons, you are either dellusional or you have to check your brains recall abilities. sorry, but .... no.
    You know you're the only one who said these things, I think you're the one who may be having some issues, I don't think anyone will deny that changing spec is harder than it used to. However you were claiming you are better off as a class with a single dps spec than someone with multiple specs, which is just completely false, as you have to do everything you said as well as a lot more if you want to reroll to another class.

- get trinkets

It's been this way before 7.2, but now it's much easier to catch up. I've managed to hit ilvl 900 and artifact level 44 in a month after hitting cap doing nothing but weekly raids and emissaries, I also have both offspecs at 36 (don't really like to heal, just in case I'll have to substitute). Legendaries might be a problem, but they were rebalanced, so the weak ones are not as bad as they have been before. I guess someone with already progressed character would have it much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Spriest since vanilla. I quit in legion due to HATING the gameplay style. I'm a huntard now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed Smite in the patch notes now has a version for Shadow? Hopefully there are other changes that just haven't been released yet. Hopefully...

I cant reach 900k dps on my spriest in a mythic+
    I can do 1m+ dps on my DH in a mythic+

My Spriest has 910 ilvl, 48 traits, 4pc, 2 strong AoE trinkets, Sephuz and consumables.
    My DH has 885 ilvl, a self healing legendary and meme beam hat.

My Spriest has 7-8 core DPS buttons to press,
    My DH has 4-5 core DPS buttons to press.

My Spriest needs to cast 2 spells every single mob to maximise its damage.
    My DH presses 2-3 abilities in a general direction without need to target specific enemies

I really want to know how shadow priest got to this point, why is there no spriest community making noise?
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2017-04-26 at 06:55 PM.

Most likely shadow priests will be bench warmers in ToS. Good time to work on the transmog. Could apply to be a fluffer for the warlocks before raid.

Deleted
    Personally I think DOTS are fine! What I would love to see is sphere of insanity buffed! 5% damage for a golden trait on VB MB and flays is pretty piss poor. Void tendril damage needs to hit like our mind flay and AOE! I think shadow crash to be viable on aoe fights should apply vt and shadow word pain! Void eruption should be instant cast like in pvp. Our insanity degeneration needs to be slowed 50/60 stacks with pi and bloodlust would be good! The average vf stacks is like 25/30 it's just not long enough! Considering we have such a long ramp up time. We ramp up and it seems like we get no reward from it. Surrender to madness would be a viable talent again if the insanity degeneration was slowed. PI should not be a talent! Should be baseline. PI and misery together our aoe would be more than fine. Allow one flay to pulsate aoe. Put shadow crash into where PI is and come up with something to fill shadow crash spot. Just a few ideas there! Nothing crazy or complex and not even thinking outside the box.

Deleted
    with the new ptr, it looks as if twist of fate only is gonne be available as a talent for disc and holy? is this perhaps the start of making twist of fate baseline? :O

Deleted
    Well that is wierd. I have 904 and do 910K+ dps on mythic+. Sinlge ...

Quote Originally Posted by ohjolly View Post
    with the new ptr, it looks as if twist of fate only is gonne be available as a talent for disc and holy? is this perhaps the start of making twist of fate baseline? :O
    Data-mining irregularity, Shadow still has Twist. The change is that Twist is now a level 15 talent for Discipline, like Shadow.

Also holy shit still no changes or even an acknowledgement that Shadow and its problems exist. It's over, we're done, go home.