Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Med'an is and will always be canon for his part in the story but it would be best he was never directly shown, mentioned, or alluded to again - I agree on that score.
    But is he still? I guess untill nothing outright contradicts his story (like Khadgar having Atiesh instead of him) he can stay canon but it seems even Blizzard wants to forget about him.

By the way old Varok might also be a good candidate. I'd guess Sargeras is still bitter about that whole Broxigar thing, and Saurfang Sr. is the closest living relative.

I might just make a poll for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't matter cause we gonna face Sargeras in the flesh bby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Don't matter cause we gonna face Sargeras in the flesh bby
    The whole planet sized SOB? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say: Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    But is he still? I guess untill nothing outright contradicts his story (like Khadgar having Atiesh instead of him) he can stay canon but it seems even Blizzard wants to forget about him.
    His story is (fortunately) a closed circle - he became the Guardian, had some adventures and acquired Atiesh, then rescinded the mantle of Guardian and went on to locations unknown. I assume he also surrendered Atiesh when he ceased to be the Guardian, giving it to the new Council of Tirisfal who saw fit to bestow it on Khadgar. There's no call for Med'an to return for any reason at this point, and I doubt Blizzard wants to remind anyone of what is all around an unpopular character within the greater scope of the Warcraft universe.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    His story is (fortunately) a closed circle - he became the Guardian, had some adventures and acquired Atiesh, then rescinded the mantle of Guardian and went on to locations unknown. I assume he also surrendered Atiesh when he ceased to be the Guardian, giving it to the new Council of Tirisfal who saw fit to bestow it on Khadgar. There's no call for Med'an to return for any reason at this point, and I doubt Blizzard wants to remind anyone of what is all around an unpopular character within the greater scope of the Warcraft universe.
    IB4 Med'an kills Sargeras and the void lords off-screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    IB4 Med'an kills Sargeras and the void lords off-screen.
    Solid WoW 2.0 hook right there. All the multiverse has to unite to defeat the nigh omnipotent Med'an.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole planet sized SOB? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say: Nope.
    Blizzard can come up with any reason why we could. Magic fuckery makes us planet sized or he wants to face us on our level because "I'LL INDULGE MYSELF *evil laugh*"

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can come up with any reason why we could. Magic fuckery makes us planet sized or he wants to face us on our level because "I'LL INDULGE MYSELF *evil laugh*"
    Umm do you even realize how powerful Sargeras is. He's cleaved an entire planet. In his titan form we are insects to him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Umm do you even realize how powerful Sargeras is. He's cleaved an entire planet. In his titan form we are insects to him.
    Yes but do you realize this is a game about magic and fantasy? Blizzard can come up with any reason why we can face Sargeras proper. If Blizzard is wanting Legion's story to conclude this expansion I see no reason why they wouldn't take that route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but we've seen what happend when Sargeras is killed when possessing an avatar, he just comes back later.

If you want to put a final end to the Legion, you have to beat him in such a way he never comes back.

That does imply a confrontation with him at full power

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Med'an is canon.
    The character, sure. But I think they are referring to the Mary Sue Guardian character that Walt & Louise Simonson wrote him to be in the Warcraft comic.

Alex Afrasiabi has stated his being Guardian is non-canon, so it pretty much negates how powerful he was and makes him irrelevant. And If his being Guardian is non-canon, odds are good they will never touch on that character again.

And I think that's what we are all really hoping happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but do you realize this is a game about magic and fantasy? Blizzard can come up with any reason why we can face Sargeras proper. If Blizzard is wanting Legion's story to conclude this expansion I see no reason why they wouldn't take that route.
    My working theory is that at the end, we will be empowered by the essences of the Titans held by the Keepers. For a very short period, we will become 'Titan-like' and capable of going toe with Sargeras.

Because we will NEVER level enough to credibly be strong enough to kill Sargeras. We could be level 10,000 and I still wouldn't accept. If we are ever going to beat him, and beat him properly at full power, we are going to need that temporary leg up to compete on his terms.

So why not now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    My working theory is that at the end, we will be empowered by the essences of the Titans held by the Keepers. For a very short period, we will become 'Titan-like' and capable of going toe with Sargeras.

Because we will NEVER level enough to credibly be strong enough to kill Sargeras. We could be level 10,000 and I still wouldn't accept. If we are ever going to beat him, and beat him properly at full power, we are going to need that temporary leg up to compete on his terms.

So why not now?
    That's basically my theory as well. My theory was more along the lines of our most powerful magicians banding together and pooling their power to do some sort of spell (with the pillars and accumulated artifact power) that projects our forms into the cosmos in which we can fight with Sargeras on a leveled field if only temporarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

So why not now?
    This is assuming Blizzard remembers the keepers in Ulduar
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is assuming Blizzard remembers the keepers in Ulduar
    The ones who are currently meeting at Odyn's behest?

And hasn't a Ra-den model been datamined with a healed chest wound, implying he will be appearing again in the near future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istenno View Post
    The character, sure. But I think they are referring to the Mary Sue Guardian character that Walt & Louise Simonson wrote him to be in the Warcraft comic.

Alex Afrasiabi has stated his being Guardian is non-canon, so it pretty much negates how powerful he was and makes him irrelevant. And If his being Guardian is non-canon, odds are good they will never touch on that character again.

And I think that's what we are all really hoping happens.
    Med'an being Guardian isn't a retcon of the comics, it's a retcon of Velen's short story. Med'an stopped being Guardian at the end of the comics.

Deleted
    That's basically my theory as well. My theory was more along the lines of our most powerful magicians banding together and pooling their power to do some sort of spell (with the pillars and accumulated artifact power) that projects our forms into the cosmos in which we can fight with Sargeras on a leveled field if only temporarily.
    What about beating his avatar to weaken him and going INSIDE him to truly beat him. A whole raid of Sargaras' immune system.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about beating his avatar to weaken him and going INSIDE him to truly beat him. A whole raid of Sargaras' immune system.
    I call dibs on attacking his liver

Thrall, pissing off his fans and haters at the same time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Sure, but you can't just handwave everything with "magic". That's just poor storytelling. If they just pull a spell that lets us fight a planet sized monster I sure as hell hope every fan abandons blizzard as they clearly stopped caring at that point.
    I call dibs on attacking his liver
    Pfff. After suffering from autoimmune hepatitis for a year now, I have a better idea on how to deal with his liver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Thrall, pissing off his fans and haters at the same time.
    Well it would be a pretty epic sendoff. And a hopefully permanent one.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-04-24 at 06:51 PM.