Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The Usual Suspects, Mulholland Drive, Donnie Darko, Memento, Inception, Shutter Island, Oldboy, Memories of Murder, The Handmaiden, The Truman Show, Primer, Enemy, The Man from Earth, Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind, The Sixth Sense, Pi, Videodrome, Synecdoche New York, The Fountain.
    I will add one more , Being John Malkovich

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I didn't add it because I fucking hate John Kusack (for no reason at all, I just do). Good movie though if you aren't me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Kong: Skull Island - 4/10

A lot of great talent in this movie. The actors were solid imo. The story was boring though; felt forced in a lot of areas. Also, the standard 5mins of dialogue followed by 20mins of special effects tends to bore the shit out of me these days. The movie had potential, sadly, it was never realized.
    I recently saw the film, too. I thought it was abysmally bad. Watched a couple of movies by Legendary Entertainment recently (Warcraft, Kong:skull, Great Wall, Spectral) and they have all been expensive CGI nonsense with zero depth. The previous King Kong movie was great, but this Skull Island thing was a big disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Usual Suspects, Mulholland Drive, Donnie Darko, Memento, Inception, Shutter Island, Oldboy, Memories of Murder, The Handmaiden, The Truman Show, Primer, Enemy, The Man from Earth, Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind, The Sixth Sense, Pi, Videodrome, Synecdoche New York, The Fountain.
    Does a plot twist count as a "mind fuck"?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I recently saw the film, too. I thought it was abysmally bad. Watched a couple of movies by Legendary Entertainment recently (Warcraft, Kong:skull, Great Wall, Spectral) and they have all been expensive CGI nonsense with zero depth. The previous King Kong movie was great, but this Skull Island thing was a big disappointment.
    Brie larson in a tank top though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Brie larson in a tank top though.
    Well she's like 5/10. Naomi Watts was 10/10.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Does a plot twist count as a "mind fuck"?
    If it comes out of nowhere and is the centerpoint of the movie, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well then what is the best? I love mind fuck movies. Recommend some good ones to me.
    Well, a couple of those that Hellhamster just posted in a quote. I'd also like to add Predestination and maybe Interstellar.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    Well, a couple of those that Hellhamster just posted in a quote. I'd also like to add Predestination and maybe Interstellar.
    Predestination I can see, but Interstellar, mindfuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Predestination I can see, but Interstellar, mindfuck?
    Yeah more (kinda) mindblowing than mindfuck indeed
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

15+ Year Old Account
    If it comes out of nowhere and is the centerpoint of the movie, yeah.
    Then Clerks 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    OldBoy is fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    OldBoy is fucked up.
    Oldboy is literally a 2500 year old Greek play by Sophocles, but modernized.

Oldboy is literally a 2500 year old Greek play by Sophocles, but modernized.
    Which one? Haven't seen Oldboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one? Haven't seen Oldboy.
    Oedipus Rex. Except in Oldboy he was incarcerated

I recently watched the movie about Ted Cruz. "Zodiac"
    Was an interesting film. 8/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 7/10

It had all the goodness that is a marvel movie. Some visually beautiful scenes, humor, good characters etc. The one thing I found with this move though is that its villain was not the greatest, and especially the way it was portrayed, it fell kinda flat. Though there was some nice emotional scenes which was nice. It wasn't better than the first, had it a better constructed villain, maybe.

The Usual Suspects, Mulholland Drive, Donnie Darko, Memento saw, Inception saw, Shutter Island, Oldboy sorta saw some scenes/read on wikipedia, Memories of Murder, The Handmaiden, The Truman Show, Primer, Enemy, The Man from Earth, Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind, The Sixth Sense never saw but the "twist" in this is more popular for the internet to talk about than "Luke I am your father" so..., Pi, Videodrome, Synecdoche New York, The Fountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    Well, a couple of those that Hellhamster just posted in a quote. I'd also like to add Predestination saw and maybe Interstellar. saw
    Alright I'll try to find some time to watch these. I probably won't rate them in the thread though. Thanks for the recommendations~

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - 8/10

I loved the first movie, and I find it to be in another league compared to the other MCU movies. Could this one live up to the hype? Maybe not, but I think most people will find it a satisfying and entertaining time at the cinema. The humor and characters (and their interactions) are excellent, maybe even better than in the first one. It had a lot of great emotional beats and arcs for most, if not all, of the characters. They do great thing with Yondu especially.

People are probably gonna disagree what was weak points and what wasn't. Personally, I find it hard to exactly pinpoint what it made not as good as the first one, and I think it really mostly comes down to the first movie having the big advantage of being first. It was new, it was novel, and maybe even more importantly, it was unexpected. There was few expectations to the first one when it was released, while this one has all the expectations in the world.

One point I could make is that while the music used was good and was used well, it didn't stand out as a big strength like it was in the first one.

However, if you liked the first one a lot, I have a hard time seeing you not having a good time with this one too.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-04-28 at 12:58 AM.

Miss Hokusai - 5/10 (Average)

For a slice-of-life drama set during medieval Japan, the choice of having rock music during the opening and ending of the film was most... unusual. This film was nothing to write home about; we didn't get to connect with the girl for the ending to have weight. It did look pretty good thought. Considering Production IG's track record, the average-ness of the film was to be expected.