Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    He lost my viewership early in the election when he decided to push the DNC narrative. I have no interest in partisan hacks.
    views can line up, it may have been a coincidence. But honestly, if you didnt think Stewart, Colbert & Oliver were all democratic voters what were u thinking???
    Hi

He's good a few good episodes / points, mainly the ones dealing with how corporation and other shit are fucking everyone else. Politically, nah hes just biased as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    views can line up, it may have been a coincidence. But honestly, if you didnt think Stewart, Colbert & Oliver were all democratic voters what were u thinking???
    Colbert and Stewart I still respect and appreciate as satirical political commentators. You seem confused.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Dude can not take you siriuos with a profile picture that is political. You are most likely done with american politics and being made fun off/made
    ridiculous. News flash...that will not go away. And his show just like TDS , Sam bee etc are more news shows with satire and some humor about REAL stuff and real subjects. Then they are comic show. They bring news ( and all its absurd stuff) in a more "funny" way.
    Ok you lost me there. My avatar is a parody of the Buffalo Bills (sad to say my favorite team) logo. The team has been shitty for almost 20 years now, thus the poor buffalo is belly up.

Anyway, I like the sarcastic British humor that I "don't understand" (somehow my tiny undeveloped American brain enjoys it). I liked some of the earlier "Last Week Tonight". After a streak of episodes, that I didn't enjoy, I stopped DVRing it. That's probably just because I'm a stupid American.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

You can like him or not, but the clips he shows are real.
    After seeing even just a few of these you can't think this joke family is right for any office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Oh, turning it into a partisan issue. How cute, but expected~
    You're the one that deflected to Obama.
    Might want to get a refund on that projector. It's clearly broken.

It's really, really sad to think that a lot of people get their political opinions from D-class comedians who just read off a script 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fargus View Post
    why do people keep on posting videos from this unfunny comedian? Raising your voice does not make you funnier.
    cmon it's <current year>!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people wanted a woman in power, here you go!

John Oliver, probably my favorite political comedian since Colbert left Comedy Central, hit the nail on the head with this one. I never really got why people had such high hopes for this couple, but he laid it out well, and I pretty much agreed with nearly everything he said about them, which is rare since I usually have a few bones to pick with his analysis. Granted, at the end of the day it's funny/comedic so that's all that really matters. Not the best place to get news.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

You'll notice that since no one really hows how qualified or unqualified Ivanka and Jared are to do anything at all in government, they spend the entire thread attacking John Oliver and arguing over British humour.

You're all proving Oliver's point.

Even when I agree with his points, Oliver is fucking insufferable.

Slamming his hands on the table and yelling "I MEAN COME ON" its the basis for his entire shtick.

Not going to watch this because of how annoying he is, but he is probably right.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Since almost nobody's discussing the actual video, and are just tripping over themselves to say how unfunny they think a comedian is, I'm locking this here.