Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got my Aff hood yesterday (I switched loot spec from Dest to Aff to farm legendaries since I got 2 Dest specific ones - bracers and shoulders) and even though I got my dest shoulders around 3 weeks ago I was still able to get the hood yesterday. Between N NH and H NH, WQ on both BI and Broken Shore, daily dungeons, mythics - I will say (and I only have a small sample size) both my recent legendaries came from Broken Shore world bosses. I'm not sure if that's a coincidence but it seems they have a good chance.

Deleted
    I'm relatively sure that the emissary chests have one of the highest contribution to Bad-Luck-Protection and that the paragon-rep chests and the building-contribution-reward chests follow that same logic.

I've done a lot of WQs since 7.2 hit and therefore opened 15 paragon rep chests already. In addition, I've opened 48 building-contribution rewards and since 7.2 hit, I have received 4 leggies.

If you do Emissary every day, All LFRs every week and at least Normal & Heroic Nighthold raid every week, and don't get a leggy ever 2-3 weeks, then you are just incredibly unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I feel your pain. I got Prydaz last night. So now I have that, Sephuz, boots, portal pants, and affliction wrists.

I have a feeling I'm going to get all the shared ones before I get what I actually want
    YUP

Just got the trinket

I

Fucking

Called

It

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    YUP

Just got the trinket

I

Fucking

Called

It

Trinket is pretty good, it sims higher then Reap and Sow for me, AND you can use it in other specs.

That's the real problem with the boots, ring, pants, and trinket, they work with all specs. It's my understanding that they count against each spec, so you are a bit screwed by them. I currently have zero demo legandaries but I keep getting the mobility/utility legandaries so I am hosed. I only want to play Affliction but I keep getting these damn utility ones. It's because I want the helm that I will never see it.

Personally I think legendaries make too much of a difference, it's like they tried to copy Diablo and implement stuff that severely affects your playstyle, but they seem to have forgotten that Diablo legendaries drop like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Personally I think legendaries make too much of a difference, it's like they tried to copy Diablo and implement stuff that severely affects your playstyle, but they seem to have forgotten that Diablo legendaries drop like candy.
    I knew from the start this was going to end poorly as I'm sure others did but the usual herd of sheep bleated us silent and now we all have to suffer for it. At least Blizzard has had the decency to make it slightly better but it's still deeply flawed. However, there is a part of me that likes it if only because I like class-specific items and so far that's almost all I've gotten.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    So I just got my first legendary: Sephuz's Secret.

Should I just go ahead and delete the character right away, or is it ok?
    Delete, mate. Making this thread warrants nothing less.

I got the cloak yesterday (after it is almost useless.. yay..)
    now only Sephuz is left in my Loottable for Affli but its not a bad legendary overall.

My last two as afflic are belt or pants.

Hope I get belt obviously, but if not, I'm staying as afflic spec until I get it.

As for the power level, it varies from fight to fight, I find the cloak to be very good in elisande (haste from her bubble lowers uptime of reap considerably), star (you don't get many shards until very late at the fight 30% hp), and krossus (too short of an encounter, your burst needs to be with the most uptime possible).
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    Nope. If you play, you'll earn your legendaries very quickly. The bad luck protection now scales fast, so if you play (content which can give you legendaries, ofc) you'll get them in a few weeks.
    Why do you lie to this person?

I've gotten 6 legendaries. My first did not drop for me until Karazan was released. My second later. I was Destruction at the time and both of them were Destro legendaries. I switched to Affliction immediately after that. The next 4 legendaries have all been non affliction spec legendaries. 'a few weeks' is very misleading.

Besides. Deleting just means the next character will not have gotten a secret, and it will still be on the list (probably first to get) to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

I've gotten 6 legendaries. My first did not drop for me until Karazan was released. My second later. I was Destruction at the time and both of them were Destro legendaries. I switched to Affliction immediately after that. The next 4 legendaries have all been non affliction spec legendaries. 'a few weeks' is very misleading.

Besides. Deleting just means the next character will not have gotten a secret, and it will still be on the list (probably first to get) to draw.
    I mean it all depends on how much you play.

I have gotten 1 to 2 legendaries on both chars every week since 7.2 has launched. Same with almost everyones mains in my guild. We have a couple who had 18 legendaries now. Retro only needs 2 bloods. Raz only has 2 arcane left(done with frost and fire). I have 11 on my lock I made the week of NH. My alt lock has been 110 for 4 weeks and has 6(all as 1 loot spec no swapping).

It is pretty common to get 1 a week if you do M0 tour, N/H/M EN/ToV/NH and all LFRs and all Emissary every week.

Affliction is not legendary depending spec. Our best legendaries are on lower power level then some other classes 3rd/4th legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

I don't lie to anyone.

I loot a legendary every ~15 days, and just as me, a big part of the community loots the same number as me.
    And I do nothing extremely special.
    -Full run in NH Normal, Hc, 4/10 myth. All of this during my guild farm's evening (except normal, cause i pug it alone)

-All the M0, and one or two myth plus a day. If I'm not busy and I find more time to play, I like completing high level mythic plus( >15) with my friends, so i end my week with something like 15 mythic plus a week, maybe? I don't farm Low keys at All.

-No PvP.

I rerolled this character on october. Looted my first legendary 3 weeks later. Next one on january. Then, after 7.1.5. I looted 6 legendaries. A drop rate of 1 legg every 17.5 days.
    There are no lies. If you play, you'll loot legendaries in a relatively short time.
    If you don't want to believe to me, you can ask to everyone who actively PLAYS the game.

Do not misunderstand me. Legendary RNG exists, it's true. I saw my brother looting his 4th and 5th legendaries in the same day, while I only had 2 at that time. But if you play, you're going to equalize, more or less, with the luckier people.

Btw: Sephuz Secret is a great legendary. If in a fight you can make it proc every 30-45 secs, or similar, it ll probably be at the same level of the "Bis" legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    It is pretty common to get 1 a week if you do M0 tour, N/H/M EN/ToV/NH and all LFRs and all Emissary every week.
    my god, id kill myself before I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    my god, id kill myself before I did that.
    Eh M0 Tour is 2h, N/H EN + ToV is like 1.5, N and H NH is ~2-2.5 and M EN/ToV/NH we do as a guild in main raid so kinda already raiding at that time anyway. LFR took less than 1.5 hours this week for me.

Other than WQ there is nothing really to do. M+ is pretty meh atm I will have concordance without doing M+ besides my weekly 10 in 7.2. So AP wise I don't care to do more, but those raids are plenty and good for legendary chance.

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    So I just got my first legendary: Sephuz's Secret.

Should I just go ahead and delete the character right away, or is it ok?
    Don't delete it. That would make you an idiot. Anyone that says to delete it is also an idiot. You don't need good legendaries to pull good numbers. I don't have any on my affliction warlock that are considered "good" and I still can pull 99% percentile ranks. Anyone saying you need those legendaries to pull good damage is stupid plain and simple no other way around that fact.

Affliction legendaries difference in bis and worst ones differ in ~10k dps.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the Aff Belt today [Power Cord of Lethtendris] and from what I can tell it stacks with Soul Conduit. It's a good legendary, yes?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Icee View Post
    Got the Aff Belt today [Power Cord of Lethtendris] and from what I can tell it stacks with Soul Conduit. It's a good legendary, yes?
    Yes it is. In a MG-contagion build it is very powerful.
    Not so good in a fight such as hc botanist, where you already have plenty of shards, and you often end up wasting its procs.

Overall, it is quite good.