Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ruins you would like to see rebuilt?

What are some ruins, either ancient or recent (.i.e. Auberdine, Theramore) you would like to see rebuilt and resettled?

I think it would be pretty cool to see a rebuilt Eldarath, possibly as a more official capital for the Highborne and night elf mages. A thousand year hatred of arcane magic can't exactly be undone in a few years, especially for such a long lived race.

I think a Darkspear-controlled Zul'Gurub would be cool, maybe have the Darkspear pacify the other tribes and slowly integrate them into the city.

Gilneas and Stromgarde. I really want to see those kingdoms return to their former glory.

Deleted
    Lordaeron.
    The Tweens are over, nobody is a goth or an emo anymore so we don't really need the Forsaken anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Silvermoon City. Large parts of it are still derelict and/or inhabited by scourge and wretched. I'd love to see it rebuilt.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Forsaken rebuild Lordaeron just to bring the spite up to 11.

A silvermoon city to reflect how its been rebuilt.

I never expect either of these to ever happen unless a EK xpac happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Stromgarde in Arathi Highlands. That's all. I expect this discussion to be ruined tho.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Stromgarde in Arathi Highlands. That's all. I expect this discussion to be ruined tho.
    I don't have high hopes either.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Lordaeron.
    The Tweens are over, nobody is a goth or an emo anymore so we don't really need the Forsaken anymore.
    I've kind of thought about that. If Blizz ever wanted to go through another old world revamp, they could easily show the Eastern Plaguelands being cleansed and renamed its Pre-Scourge Lordaeronian name. Lore-wise, they could have the Silver Hand rule over it or Calia could step up and become Queen of a much smaller Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I've kind of thought about that. If Blizz ever wanted to go through another old world revamp, they could easily show the Eastern Plaguelands being cleansed and renamed its Pre-Scourge Lordaeronian name. Lore-wise, they could have the Silver Hand rule over it or Calia could step up and become Queen of a much smaller Lordaeron.
    Where would she get it from? Sylvanas rules all of Lordaeron and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and to answer the question, I would say Silvermoon is my first choice. I always thought it would be fitting for the blood elves to have a whole leveling zone inside a city. With the Ghostlands cured and Silvermoon rebuilt, blood elves could see the magical and entitled side to the blood elves in the city, dealing with corrupt leaders, gangs, and less than honorable magisters in Silvermoon city, while experiencing the elves' noble wild heritage fighting trolls and undead with the Farstriders out in the expanded Eversong Woods.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Silvermoon. Stormwind got a revamp after a dragon had its day in the sand castle with it, Silvermoon still has that big ass road going right through it since Arthas went at it.

2. Gilneas. Looks so amazing and well done, never could really appreciate it cuz after the quest its just a deserted phased out place.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and to answer the question, I would say Silvermoon is my first choice. I always thought it would be fitting for the blood elves to have a whole leveling zone inside a city. With the Ghostlands cured and Silvermoon rebuilt, blood elves could see the magical and entitled side to the blood elves in the city, dealing with corrupt leaders, gangs, and less than honorable magisters in Silvermoon city, while experiencing the elves' noble wild heritage fighting trolls and undead with the Farstriders out in the expanded Eversong Woods.
    That would be dope.

I would love to see tjings like Dire Maul and Zul'Gurub, Lordaeron rebuild in a victorian-forsaken way. Silvermoon, obviously, and the Exodar too (well, all of Azuremyst).

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting if Black rock mountain got "rebuilt", where the zone of black rock depths could be an alliance settlement and blackwing lair a horde settlement (lorewise this wouldnt make sense due to them joining the iron horde, but hey maybe they realized their mistake like Grom did). There could then be skirmishes back and forth between alliance horde to reclaim the mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Forsaken rebuild Lordaeron just to bring the spite up to 11.

A silvermoon city to reflect how its been rebuilt.
    These two. And Forsaken realizing their goal to create another Undercity at Stromgarde. Also Forsaken Alterac and Forsaken Gilneas. Maybe create entirely new Forsaken Dalaran in place of the crater.

From less obvious choices, Caer Darrow. It'd be nice to unearth the necromantic secrets located there. And many Troll places. The ruins in Hinterlands. Sunken Temple. And the big three of Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Maybe Dire Maul (but with an upgraded architecture, maybe some Nightborne influences).
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-24 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    These two. Also, Forsaken realizing their goal to create another Undercity at Stromgarde, Forsaken Alterac and Forsaken Gilneas. Maybe create entirely new Forsaken Dalaran in place of the crater.

From less obvious choices, Caer Darrow. It'd be nice to unearth the necromantic secrets located there. And many Troll places. The ruins in Hinterlands. Sunken Temple. And the big three of Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Maybe Dire Maul (but with an upgraded architecture, maybe some Nightborne influences).
    This reminds me of an old write-up I did (before Legion) for a theoretical expansion that happened in all of Lordaeron (as a phase over the current one, not an update) in which the story would make the Alliance retake Stromgarde and Gilneas, securing Aerie Peak and bring Dalaran to the Hinterlands (flying over Seradane), while the Horde would have restored Capital City (with the Forsaken still living underneath it in Undercity), taken Jintha'alor, rebuilt Alterac as a Forsaken city and fortified Andorhal.

Among the many changes, Caer Darrow would become an Alliance fortress to watch the Forsaken.

It was a fun "what if".

AQ, i mean the place is basically a ruin which was turned into a Insect hive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uldaman is another good choice, lost titan secrets are always juicy

7+ Year Old Account
    plaguelands cleansed would be quite cool.
    the exodar repaired.
    silvermoon and gilneas.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Uldaman is possibly the site of the player character's greatest crime. We killed one of the last uncorrupted Keepers in his greatly weakened and confused state for the lootz.
    I didn't do it >.>

(Vanilla WoW lore didn't have much direction)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    AFAIK Eastern Plaguelands is/was under the rule of the Argent Crusade. Although since the Order of the Silver Hand was reformed...eh, I imagine it's still largely under paladin control.

That sounds awesome, honestly I think if Blizz ever decided to do a revamp, they should definitely update the starting zones to fit the modern expansion.