Poll: Will you buy the Necromancer Pack?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No really. please do answer me. Does it make you feel better about your own situation when you talk poorly about other people, or other games that you dont like? I am interested, Please do tell me
    Maybe he wants the game to do better? Apart from the 1-2 week bump in people playing the game for when seasons are up, the game is hardly a raging success.

And it sold more copies than most games dream about and still has fuck all people playing it.

Deleted
    No. But only becouse I don't like the class (good idea, but not my style) and think that Witch Doctor is much cooler. However I can buy other future DLC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    think that Witch Doctor is much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple Question. Will you buy it?
    Probably. If it's for around $20-30. If it's any more than that, even though I love the Necro, I don't think I could justify the expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Depends on what bonus loot I get in the other games.

And if it's under $25.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

It depends on the price. Not gonna pay more than 20$ for just 1 class. And probably will be too busy with PoE new expansion.

Since I can get it with WoW gold probably. Then again I get the expansion, played the campaign and that was it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I'm sure they saw that coming and will make sure it's more than 15$.
    Tax gets added to the purchase so unless it is under 13 bucks people are going to need 2 tokens or have a balance already.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to test it out before i commit to purchasing aka ptr/beta etc but i got no invite yet
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I want to test it out before i commit to purchasing aka ptr/beta etc but i got no invite yet
    The odds of you getting an invite at this point are non-existent. Don't worry though, that was guaranteed from the start unless you happened to be a known streamer or played the game virtually non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    The odds of you getting an invite at this point are non-existent. Don't worry though, that was guaranteed from the start unless you happened to be a known streamer or played the game virtually non-stop.
    I'm in and I am not a streamer and I only play a few weeks every season SO

got my invite 5 days ago. 2 weeks per season player. Necro is in a very unfinished state right now, dont even have sets or legs in. so there will be plenty of time and invites going out. Given that many players will just try it and not actually test, i see a lot of beta invites going out in the future just to keep active players messing with it

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if they did one last stress test, and for say... The final week of the PTR let anyone join and try out a necro.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just looks like they're being made op to fit right into the "end game meta" between the auto execute chance on hit (which will most likely be nerfed) and ability to summon dead enemies with revive they are gona be broken for greater rifts. Can see the 3man necros teams now with a token pull monk or barb.

This is coming a year late imo. Would have more interest especially if it came with a new game mode or act
    Sure. I think everyone wants something else to do than GRs.

As for OPness, there's a risk for sure - i hope it doesn't happen otherwise everyone will rise and shout "P2W" because meta. Sets are actually not OP atm; as you said there's the "execute skills" which shouldn't be in game at all and hope they don't make it live; the revive skill is just broken and needs to be fixed.

I mean, it's still beta and it's made exactly for this purpose. It's not like Necro is shipping in this state.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Highly depends on the pricing. I am not looking into playing Necro really, since I play barb and crusader mostly. 5-10 euro range, sure I will pay that to play 1 season with it. 10-15 maybe, have to check a few more vids on how it plays to make a decision. 15+ won't happen for me for a class I will most likely only play 1 season and then never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    as you said there's the "execute skills" which shouldn't be in game at all and hope they don't make it live
    Well, conceptually it's not so bad. In practice it has problems. Mathematically, killing a monster at 15% and making it take 15% more damage should be identical. I don't think they are in the real world because of how damage is actually calculated in D3 and all the stacking rules and what not. That said, it should be balanceable anyway, although a % point of Execute is worth a lot more then a % point of Damage Done Increase.

The bigger problem is how it skews other people's stats and skills in party. Life on kill and effects that proc on kill are worthless in a party with the execute, which pretty much invalidates a lot of strategies. Stuff like the Barbarian passive that makes low health targets take more damage become much less appealing.

For less than 10$/euro probably yes. But it will be +30 for sure so... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    For less than 10$/euro probably yes. But it will be +30 for sure so... no.
    I can't WAIT to see the rage if they actually make it 30+, tbh, even if it's 20+ I think we'll see a fair amount of anger.

Tbh, at this stage they could give it away for free, and people would still find something to complain about, but that's a different story .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    Well, conceptually it's not so bad. In practice it has problems. Mathematically, killing a monster at 15% and making it take 15% more damage should be identical. I don't think they are in the real world because of how damage is actually calculated in D3 and all the stacking rules and what not. That said, it should be balanceable anyway, although a % point of Execute is worth a lot more then a % point of Damage Done Increase.

The bigger problem is how it skews other people's stats and skills in party. Life on kill and effects that proc on kill are worthless in a party with the execute, which pretty much invalidates a lot of strategies. Stuff like the Barbarian passive that makes low health targets take more damage become much less appealing.
    It's actually worse than that. Being somethign that scales directly with monsters HP, in fact it becomes better the more you climb GRs. You're not just doing 15% more damage, you're negating 15% hp from mobs, meaning it's a consistent 15% less time needed to clear a rift, independently from the difficulty and with this 15% becoming bigger and bigger the more you climb.

No way that this is making its way to live. At least i hope.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I can't WAIT to see the rage if they actually make it 30+, tbh, even if it's 20+ I think we'll see a fair amount of anger.

Tbh, at this stage they could give it away for free, and people would still find something to complain about, but that's a different story .
    If it's anything above $20 then the anger is easily justified. I would even argue that anything above $10 is too much but I guess because this is a niche class that not everyone will enjoy (and certainly not to the same degree), I'm willing to give it a little leeway. I only hope the developers take what they learn from this and the outrage surrounding it and work towards either a new game or improving the game so that it has more substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    If it's anything above $20 then the anger is easily justified.
    Eh, I think it'll probably be around 19.99, I mean they sell pets for like 10, so it HAS to be more than that (as it COMES with a pet). But yeah if it's around 25/30, I probably wont get it, at least until it's on sale.