Quote Originally Posted by A Couple of Things Nice View Post
    I don't know how else to make it stop It's non-detachable, it's built into the ceiling, and I tried to find a way to like follow the wires and see if it leads to some sort of power source, maybe somewhere with batteries, but if there is such a thing it's not in my apartment. The only way I could think of was just... Cover it. If I cover it, it won't go off! (hopefully)
    I'd advise cooking at a lower temperature, make sure the pan has oil or butter in it, lots of. Start simple, read at least 4 guides on google, and then practice! (preferably without setting anything on fire.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Good! Prepare to be insulted by Hanna-ish harsh language like "borking dimwit" and "stoopidface"!
    That really cut deep. Now to find some of those awesome glasses to hind from the meanie-heads.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how else to make it stop It's non-detachable, it's built into the ceiling, and I tried to find a way to like follow the wires and see if it leads to some sort of power source, maybe somewhere with batteries, but if there is such a thing it's not in my apartment. The only way I could think of was just... Cover it. If I cover it, it won't go off! (hopefully)
    Another good way to do it is to have fans always pushing fresh and clean are at the smoke alarm and continue the cooking fun

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I've been a little unhinged lately what with the UK trip and everything, so now I'm just cussing willynilly. I apologize for my outburst...
    That shit really doesnt bother me. In the nay and spend months at a time in a submarine. All we have to do to pass the time is insult one another. You get some pretty creative things afer a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work. I had fan in kitchen set to max + a floor fan running at max temperature + all windows open. Alarm still went off. And it summons fire brigade instantly -_-
    Maybe call them prior to your cooking attempts?

I don't remember things. People try to teach me. Now they just dont want me to cook unassisted anymore.

I just sort of wing it with what makes sense to me because I do not remember thingies, but what makes sense to me is not usually good. Manni seems to claim I ask him the same questions every time I try to cook. I dont remember having ever asked him. I am a bit brain borked!
    Have the recipe open as you do it, check it often.

Or get like a

7+ Year Old Account
    They still have to come down here and shut fire alarm off. I can't do that from within my apartment, the entire system is a big wardrobe looking thing on the ground floor that they can open. They connected this system to like a big red flashing light above my door too. Feels like a borking jail cell...

I commented that it's a really, really stupid system because even if there is a legitimate fire one day a billion years from now they are going to get 50,000,000,000 false alarms until that day so what's the point...
    Fair enough. Reducing heat can go a long way then

They will NEVER allow me to deepfry ANYTHING. EVER. That's sooooo off the table. People are nervous enough about me trying to do the little things I do... Like ramen...
    Weird, I didn't think it was really possible, you turn it on, wait for the light, put stuff in, wait 5 minutes, take stuff out, jobbed!

I know deepfrying at least is something I have been expressively forbidden to do. So, I dare not try.

Also, I got sick in Britland! And now I'm coughing like I've tuberculosis. Thanks a lot, Xan. I'm holding you personally responsible.
    I could have warned you before that you Swedes have a terrible immune system. In my 10 years here I've watched you all falling around with all sorts of sicknesses and viruses and not one has touched me.

Also as I wasn't actually in Britland at the time, I don't think I can take responsibility for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also as I wasn't actually in Britland at the time, I don't think I can take responsibility for this one.
    Oh, you even had an alibi set up? Clearly guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandra2018 View Post
    so you want me to post less?
    I think he means the less you post, the worse it is. SO you need to post more!

Maaanwell, stop trying to make "surrChing" a thing. It's not going to be a thing.

@Crissi

This seems like something you'd be interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Maaanwell, stop trying to make "surrChing" a thing. It's not going to be a thing.
    That's so fetch

Yeah funny how convenient it is that the Brit just so happened to not be in Britland while the incident occurred. Perhaps TOO convenient.
    You're going away for a long time, Xan.

Book 'em, Lou.
    Actually I happen to not be in Britland rather much. I only seem to head back for weddings and funerals, sometimes both at once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Actually I happen to not be in Britland rather much. I only seem to head back for weddings and funerals, sometimes both at once!
    Well, might as well be efficient. Just kill everyone you know while you're there next time so you can get all the visiting over with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandra2018 View Post
    surrChing
    wat is dis???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, might as well be efficient. Just kill everyone you know while you're there next time so you can get all the visiting over with.
    that's one way of doing it i guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namino View Post
    that's one way of doing it i guess...
    The most efficient way!

Why you choose to stay in the Glorious Swedish Empire boggles the mind! I like going abroad, for like, a week or two, but I don't think I could ever live abroad...
    It's not easy at times. But Sweden is a pretty nice country to live in!

Deleted
    The lack of pretty architecture + the climate is pretty soul killing! I liked that in London at least they have some arches and vaults. Some architecture and decor. My town is completely soulless. Makes me depressed! I want pretty things! And shiny things!
    depends on what you are after, i my self does not really like flashy things. i really appreciate things that are clean and well built. function should dictate form(not 100% of the time, but you get my general meaning) something that works like poo but looks like gold is ugly in my eyes

The lack of pretty architecture + the climate is pretty soul killing! I liked that in London at least they have some arches and vaults. Some architecture and decor. My town is completely soulless. Makes me depressed! I want pretty things! And shiny things!
    Well, I enjoy the cleanliness of it all, being so close to the woods and stuff, it's pretty nice...also there are half naked hot women everywhere.