Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah I agree with GG. Link was ballin' since day one.

Zelda didn't pull her weight since she didnt have her powers, and the four other champions got fucked up because they couldn't deal with Ganon's weak underlings.

Link in this time rescued the divine beasts (by killing the blights that were bullying the other champions) and he basically solo'd ganon afterward. He was always ready.
    Which is kinda Meta

We have done this shit before, so they gave us a Link who was fucking ready, didnt really have to prove himself, already the hero who has a mission to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think they designed an interesting character plus/negative for Zelda this time

1. This is the best Zelda. (Character, not game)

2. She is a scholar this time around. She likes reading, she has a lab, she likes learning things. But thats not Wisdom. Its not until Link dies.... kinda? that she realizes what really needs to be done. It finally clicked with her. She became more aware, it became more than just knowledge and doing things like building all of this stuff up like the guardian army, and the guardians, etc.

3. It reflects to how she addresses the Sheikah Ninjas right after she unlocks her power. She is calm, she was giving proper judgement, she was acting like someone who has wisdom.

4. Her whole personification before hand was a carefree person who sought knowledge outwardly by studying the world and just learning things that could potentially help when she needed to be a wise person looking inwardly and learning what she could do.

Honestly she has a great character and very deep when you dig through it. Also had things gone well and they beat Ganon 100 years ago, she would have prob ended up just like the two Sheikah scientists we meet.

Also the new Link is just One Punch Man. Heroes journey is kinda over. Got all the shit he needs. Just has a job to finish. No real heroes journey here, just like in OPM
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-04-16 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the shrines are part of the main quest so imo you need to do those
    No they're not.

Even the shrines that have quests attached to them are labeled "shrine quests" and not under the main quest tab.

The shrines are for the most part, straight up side content.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Also from what I gathered, Zelda has the full Triforce? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN THIS TIMELINE DURING THAT 10000 YEARS?
    its evidence that a dragon break of some sort has occurred.

multiple wind waker timeline references

multiple twilight princess timeline references

lynels exist, the royal family is in possesion of the triforce which they had in zelda 1 and 2.

zoras domain became dragon roost island however somehow both are in this game

they reference twilight princess but also flatout say the ocarina of time sages existed even though they never became sages in that timeline and the shiekah exist despite having died out and only impaz remaining in twilight princess

the rito exist, linebeck and medli from wind waker exist, but the triforce also exists and that was destroyed and its magic forever gone at the end of wind waker, also hateno looks exactly like windfall island would if it wasnt under water and the islands tingle and his brothers lived on exist in this game

the onlu plausible solution to where this game takes place is that all 3 timelines have merged together to form one timeline

- - - Updated - - -

they also say the hero travelled through time which means they know about ocarina of time link, however in the downfall timeline he died and in the twilight princess timeline nobody ever knew link was a hero and he died a nobody in the forest which is why he came back as a stalfos to train tp link.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddam dragon breaks!

I just hope Nintendo goes forward with this timeline. Or maybe we can get some explanation within the 10k years. Honestly the three original timelines need to stop, ITS TIME TO STOP!

Maybe we will get more answers in the DLC

Just finished the game...and now? Pick some more shrines, some more koloks...I need more -.-

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I beat the game, beat all the shrines, and thought of suicide being an option over getting all the korok seeds so I didnt do it. I also got all the memories

Yup, this is a Zelda ending

Ganon sucks mechanically like in pretty much any Zelda.

I got some sick screen shots though I'll post when I feel like it.

Alright so I beat the game, beat all the shrines, and thought of suicide being an option over getting all the korok seeds so I didnt do it. I also got all the memories

Yup, this is a Zelda ending

Ganon sucks mechanically like in pretty much any Zelda.

I got some sick screen shots though I'll post when I feel like it.
    Well there is absolutely no reason to get all the seeds. There are purposely more than you need so you'd be able to find them while exploring instead of having to look in specific places.

I actually really liked the final battle with Ganon though I'm disappointed his second form was basically just a victory lap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well there is absolutely no reason to get all the seeds. There are purposely more than you need so you'd be able to find them while exploring instead of having to look in specific places.

I actually really liked the final battle with Ganon though I'm disappointed his second form was basically just a victory lap.
    It was cool when fighting the weird guardian ganon mix, but it wasnt tooo tough, and yeah that was a victory lap

still its kinda in the essence of Zelda to have a dumb final boss. Maybe Majora's mask without the FD mask. However, even OOT is pretty "thats it?" granted thats from my older mind today, not my young child self blown the fuck away with little game experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was cool when fighting the weird guardian ganon mix, but it wasnt tooo tough, and yeah that was a victory lap

still its kinda in the essence of Zelda to have a dumb final boss. Maybe Majora's mask without the FD mask. However, even OOT is pretty "thats it?" granted thats from my older mind today, not my young child self blown the fuck away with little game experience.
    Ganondorf in Twilight Princess was a pretty great final battle, with four completely different phases that required you to play in different ways (although it admittedly wasn't at all difficult, but Zelda games are rarely known for being difficult).

I would also argue that Gandondorf in Wind Waker and Demise in Skyward Sword were at least cool final battles, even though they were mechanically bland and frustrating respectively.

Haven't fought Ganon in Breath of the Wild yet (I plan to get around to beating the game, I just keep getting distracted by other things) but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway. Boss fights in BotW seem like more of an afterthought this time around rather than the big climaxes of the previous games.

Welcome to the club bro (I also finished all the side quests, but don't worry about that). Try not to get banned again before Xenoblade 2 comes out. I don't think I've touched my Switch since finishing up the game, and there's still no real details on the DLC that I've heard about.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Ganondorf in Twilight Princess was a pretty great final battle, with four completely different phases that required you to play in different ways (although it admittedly wasn't at all difficult, but Zelda games are rarely known for being difficult).

I would also argue that Gandondorf in Wind Waker and Demise in Skyward Sword were at least cool final battles, even though they were mechanically bland and frustrating respectively.

Haven't fought Ganon in Breath of the Wild yet (I plan to get around to beating the game, I just keep getting distracted by other things) but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway. Boss fights in BotW seem like more of an afterthought this time around rather than the big climaxes of the previous games.
    But there is no real struggle. Ganondorf is pretty easy in TP. Like just so easy

and they even put in the little secret with the fishing rod.

Sure Ganon is cool in TP, but goddam is it ruined by the fact that I can bitch slap him no problem.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-04-24 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for Switch owners.

Compared to the 3DS XL, is the max achievable decibel level higher than what it seems like the 3DS XL can achieve in games ?

The XL was always way too quiet for me even with headphones, sound turned up in games, and set to stereo.

I see it being especially important in BoTW due to the subtle audio design, I would need it to be even louder than normal.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    But there is no real struggle. Ganondorf is pretty easy in TP. Like just so easy

and they even put in the little secret with the fishing rod.

Sure Ganon is cool in TP, but goddam is it ruined by the fact that I can bitch slap him no problem.
    I mean, sure, if difficulty is your only qualifying factor, then pretty much any Zelda boss is going to be disappointing. The series is generally not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Question for Switch owners.

Compared to the 3DS XL, is the max achievable decibel level higher than what it seems like the 3DS XL can achieve in games ?

The XL was always way too quiet for me even with headphones, sound turned up in games, and set to stereo.

I see it being especially important in BoTW due to the subtle audio design, I would need it to be even louder than normal.
    Eh, I've never had a problem with my 3DSXL being too quiet. Even with earbuds, I don't bother to turn it up anywhere near the max. I think the Switch might be a little louder on the speakers with both at max volume, but they're comparable, I guess. I haven't bothered to use earbuds on my Switch though. It baffles me that they would put in Bluetooth support for controller connectivity, but not let people use their Bluetooth earbuds/headphones.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-04-24 at 08:56 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I mean, sure, if difficulty is your only qualifying factor, then pretty much any Zelda boss is going to be disappointing. The series is generally not difficult.
    But let me explain why its so annoying to me though

All this build up
    All this tension
    And I am unsure of your gender, but I imagine its like a girl finally gettin with the guy shes been after, and hes done in like 5 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Eh, I've never had a problem with my 3DSXL being too quiet. Even with earbuds, I don't bother to turn it up anywhere near the max. I think the Switch might be a little louder on the speakers with both at max volume, but they're comparable, I guess. I haven't bothered to use earbuds on my Switch though. It baffles me that they would put in Bluetooth support for controller connectivity, but not let people use their Bluetooth earbuds/headphones.
    I'm part of the minority it seems. I like audio at a level where I can hear all the detail that was intended and without it requiring an environment devoid of noise.

It's not as if I require something extreme, the PSP and Vita are sufficiently loud in all games, or at least can be significantly louder than any 3DS XL game. I'm told the original 3DS was a bit louder.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Trying to think of key "things you should do" when playing BOTW.

The 3 labyrinths, all the beasts, the Master Sword quests, Eventide island, Forgotten Temple, Yiga hideout, Molduga, and Typhlo Ruins are all that really come to mind. And exploring Hyrule Castle, which you should do instead of wall climbing/gliding through the exterior.

But let me explain why its so annoying to me though

All this build up
    All this tension
    And I am unsure of your gender, but I imagine its like a girl finally gettin with the guy shes been after, and hes done in like 5 seconds
    Still every Zelda game is like that to some extent depending on what you're hoping for. But yeah Bosses in Zelda are rarely difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Still every Zelda game is like that to some extent depending on what you're hoping for. But yeah Bosses in Zelda are rarely difficult.
    I know

thats why I joke that this was definitely a Zelda game lol