Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would prefer if there was a way to reduce riptide cd besides the belt
    Plus probably better scaling on HST / Riptide overtime heal, because they heal less and less due to mastery
    Deluge as a talent is pretty weak, seeing that chain heal bounces all over the place. It doesnt have the same strength as AG / Crashing Waves. Would recommend an overhaul of this talent into something affecting our HoT spells (riptide / healing rain / HST)
    Major problem of t19 set would be it not buffing HST's heals. Maybe if the 4set increased HST heal by 50% and instead requires CONSUMING the stack instead of simply obtaining the stack.. > Would make T19 4set worth it for fights where u have to HW / HS lots, just like M+, instead of avoiding pressing HST mid-fight unless in movement / pre-fight cast / filler

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    Yes I care about numbers. Damage happens, numbers fix it. The fact you don't seem to is telling just howout of touch you are to healing.

If shaman is supposed to be utility King and hps Joker, then fine, that's cool. But the disparity shouldn't be as great as it is for numbers.
    Shamans are the best *by far* at healing the raid out of unsafe HP levels before people die. If it does not translate into high total numbers because those situations are rare, so be it. Mythic raiding healing comps are synergistic, not additive. If you care about total numbers, you picked the wrong role in the healing team. Reroll a druid and stop being frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Shamans are the best *by far* at healing the raid out of unsafe HP levels before people die. If it does not translate into high total numbers because those situations are rare, so be it. Mythic raiding healing comps are synergistic, not additive. If you care about total numbers, you picked the wrong role in the healing team. Reroll a druid and stop being frustrated.
    It's sad you believe this because it just isn't true. All other classes have similar spot burst capability. Shaman just have SLT and Rez totem to push them over the top.

Also, numbers means you don't need to have high risk situations.

And I'm again disappointed I have to explain the concept that a hps cost is fine due to utility. I'm just stating it's currently too steep. A 30% hps penalty for totems should be tuned a bit tighter.

Speaking from mythic+ perspective, while I do believe we're fine, if we look at the representation of healers at the top keys on https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus, we see a higher representation of druids and paladins.

I haven't played my druid and pala in legion (due to the huge amount of artifact power grinding required), so I can't personally compare whether it's easier for those classes to heal high keys than it is for us, but the difference in class representation may indicate that some buffs are warranted.

I really can't think of a time where resto shamans have been buffed when they were considered anything more than completely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    I really can't think of a time where resto shamans have been buffed when they were considered anything more than completely terrible.
    Then you clearly do not know how to play a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    Every patch this expac seems to have multiple changes/tweeks except for Resto shaman that has had Riptide/torrent nerf and a 20% sp to chainheal nerf. I believe healing stream totem was buffed but for the most part there hasnt been a single change to our spec. 7.2 was a blank slate as far as shaman goes 7.1.5 simular. I would like a little bit of representation from the development team.
    Why the hell would you need any resto shaman changes? You're already brought to every single progression fight as it is. Fucking greedy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Speaking from mythic+ perspective, while I do believe we're fine, if we look at the representation of healers at the top keys on https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus, we see a higher representation of druids and paladins.

I haven't played my druid and pala in legion (due to the huge amount of artifact power grinding required), so I can't personally compare whether it's easier for those classes to heal high keys than it is for us, but the difference in class representation may indicate that some buffs are warranted.
    I haven't pushed as high with my druid as I have my shaman, but the main difference I noticed was the survival options I had on druid. On tyrannical bosses like Dantallionax and Xavius, I wasn't as dependent on one defensive CD, like my shaman is with Astral Shift.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Well, those are very extreme examples of like M+20 to 25. Not many people in general are doing that.

If you look at M+15 in wowlogs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=15&metric=hps

You will see that druid is top tier, mid tier is hpally, rshaman, and hpriest. And low tier is disc and mw monk. The number of parses, as well as healing, of pally, shaman, and holy priest are all pretty close to each other so I think they seem pretty solid. Shaman also has lots of utility so its a great option for M+. I'm not sure if we need any major buffs or anything in that case. I will agree with others that our defensives are low.... more baseline HP or damage reduction would be good, Shaman has always had low HP and with how high the damage is in higher M+ it can lead to being two shot basically without much we can do about it. Also, we only have one personal defensive CD and no tank CD (unless u count SLT) so limited options to counter big abilities... but again, we got lots of other utility including interrupt and purge so maybe they have made us weak on defenses on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Well, those are very extreme examples of like M+20 to 25. Not many people in general are doing that.

If you look at M+15 in wowlogs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=15&metric=hps

You will see that druid is top tier, mid tier is hpally, rshaman, and hpriest. And low tier is disc and mw monk. The number of parses, as well as healing, of pally, shaman, and holy priest are all pretty close to each other so I think they seem pretty solid. Shaman also has lots of utility so its a great option for M+. I'm not sure if we need any major buffs or anything in that case. I will agree with others that our defensives are low.... more baseline HP or damage reduction would be good, Shaman has always had low HP and with how high the damage is in higher M+ it can lead to being two shot basically without much we can do about it. Also, we only have one personal defensive CD and no tank CD (unless u count SLT) so limited options to counter big abilities... but again, we got lots of other utility including interrupt and purge so maybe they have made us weak on defenses on purpose.
    In the low keys the class doesn't really matter. Whether one class is better than another can be seen in the high keys, since that's where we push the class capabilities to the max. Wowprogress has better statistics than warcraftlogs since it retrieves the data directly from Blizzard leaderboards, so it contains statistics about every run that was within the top 100 in every realm. And the data paints a picture in which druids and paladins are much more desirable for high keys than other classes.

Deleted
    With is good if you have stable group and trying to push high keys.

For pubbing I prefer my shaman who can interrupt/cc to carry failers.

In the low keys the class doesn't really matter. Whether one class is better than another can be seen in the high keys, since that's where we push the class capabilities to the max. Wowprogress has better statistics than warcraftlogs since it retrieves the data directly from Blizzard leaderboards, so it contains statistics about every run that was within the top 100 in every realm. And the data paints a picture in which druids and paladins are much more desirable for high keys than other classes.
    Maybe so, but when you are looking at keys at +20 and higher its going to the extremes and group comp is much more important.... that isn't just for healers but tanks and dps too. You will want groups with high damage, good cleave, stuns/utility, survivability, ect. So even certain tanks and dps might feel left out. But it can prob be done with any group comp, just not as easily and will require more patience. So I dunno if you can really consider that for judgement of a healer... if a healer can handle M+15-20 range then that seems good to me, and resto shaman can do that. Rdruid or Hpally being preferred for the highest M+ just means they are better then average.

I think two main reasons are that they have better defenses, which people already commented on, but also can do better dps.... you may have less chances to dps in higher keys but every bit counts as it can help kill shit faster so less mechanics to deal with, and resto shaman is prob the worst dps of all the healers. I wish we had some better ways to DPS.... we lack any offensive cd and very few damaging abilities, which are mostly casted spells.... while pally has their shockadin/melee playstyle and rdruid can do either ranged dps or melee as cat.

Would love to see something like "everytime u cast a heal, gain X buff which stacks up to 3, each stack will reduce the cast time by 33% and increase damage by 50% for CL or LB". So after 3 casts you would get an instant LB/CL for 150% extra damage or something like that. This way we can weave in a dps spell after doing some healing. Could maybe increase flame shock damage too, just for some bonus dot damage. Some real aoe would be good... before we had our magma totem to drop which did minor aoe dps but easy to use, little upkeep so we could freely heal. Maybe add back magma totem and fire nova off the totem..... or like our healing rain could heal allies and damage enemies, call it "Acid rain" and have it do ticking nature damage.

For defensives... mentioned it before but more base HP and damage reduction. We get this from various talents/buffs like AK 10%HP and dropping HST gives us 10% damage reduction, but a baseline buff might be good. Maybe buff Astral Shift... reduce cd to 1min, or add an absorb to it (or even bring back stoneclaw totem absorb shield on like 45 sec cd for us to use defensively). A tank cd would be great, a popular request, but I think Blizz intentionally doesn't give us one cause of all the other utility we have and SLT.

Shamans are always at the back of the bus when it comes to changes. Always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    Then you clearly do not know how to play a shaman.
    When I say completely terrible, I mean like early Cata when they were doing 50-60% of the healing of all the other classes. Good insult though.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    When I say completely terrible, I mean like early Cata when they were doing 50-60% of the healing of all the other classes. Good insult though.
    They are not in the state they were back then. If that's what you think then you are wrong or cannot play your shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    They are not in the state they were back then. If that's what you think then you are wrong or cannot play your shaman.
    At no point did I say they were.

Because I exclusively play Resto Shaman and I would like some tweaks to our kit to prevent us falling behind other healers. We have had 2 straight nerds and I am not sure they were deserved. I understand the debts are pushing away from chainheal spam but it would be nice to have more output on tank heals or at least get some of our old utility back.

Deleted
    relax. resto druids are getting nerfed both directly and indirectly, so there is your buff. not to mention paladins are still missing a golden trait and set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    And I'm again disappointed I have to explain the concept that a hps cost is fine due to utility. I'm just stating it's currently too steep. A 30% hps penalty for totems should be tuned a bit tighter.
    lol.

Mistweavers have 0 utility and are the worst when it comes to HPS / output because of their horrendous mana costs. To read something like this as a MW main is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    relax. resto druids are getting nerfed both directly and indirectly, so there is your buff. not to mention paladins are still missing a golden trait and set bonuses.
    The new golden trait (actually all the new ones) for paladin made me so angry, especially after I read the new ones of basically all other healers. Felt so gypped.