Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    So, If a Human can be a Paladin, which they already can. Every other race should be able to?????????

What.......???? I don't even??????

Garbage dumpster tier logic's.

This has to be a troll thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    TL;DR

So you agree then... there is nothing really keeping (x)race from being (y)class. Glad we're on the same page!

This whole argument here is predicated on the idea that by picking up the sword of his father, he is somehow on his way to becoming a Paladin. Its kind of ridiculous logic.
    Have you read the Anduin comic, the one that was released during the Legion launch? I doubt you have. Anduin was casting some sort of hammer spell, you know the ones that paladins use. .
    It really can't be clearer than that.

What people also tend to forget is that Bolvar Fordragon, a Paladin, was the guardian of Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Why were Paladins allowed to be opened up to Blood Elves and Tauren when it makes no sense? Because of a game design reasoning; to open up the class to the Horde in TBC, and to further diversify and lessen exclusivity in Cataclysm.
    I agree with the Tauren part, that makes no sense, but Blood Elves makes perfect sense. It wasn't a game design reasoning. High/Blood Elves Were already part of the same church the Humans and the Dwarves were. They became priests of the Holy Light, some even became Paladins themselves. Look at Liadrin, the leader of the Blood Knights herself was a priestess of the Holy Light, and so were a lot of the Blood Knights. There even is a Blood Elf that was tutored by Uther himself, that would mean that High/Blood Elves were also part of the Order of the Silver Hand!
    Last edited by sammygm; 2017-04-24 at 09:32 PM.

Uhm...why? That makes no sense...he's a human. Humans have been able to be paladins all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

I hope these new class/race combos will be a new feature in the next expansion.
    Anduin isn't the first Priest to turn Paladin
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by sammygm View Post
    Have you read the Anduin comic, the one that was released during the Legion launch? I doubt you have. Anduin was casting some sort of hammer spell, you know the ones that paladins use.!
    There are other indicators that this is the direction they're going. The Book on his belt is a long-time paladin trademark. His overall look is uncannily similar to Arthas. In the final panels of that comic Anduin is shown to be wearing shoulder plates with crystal clusters, another trademark of paladin gear.

And what else is a paladin besides a hybrid between a warrior(his father) and a priest(how he started out)? Taking up his father's sword shows a symbolic move in that direction, among other things.

Undead can't be paladins, this was explained at a question in BlizzCon, as priests, they hurt themselves when they channel the light to heal others. As paladins, I think they would end up just killing themselves with the amount of the light it needs.

Only those who follow the religion of the Church of the Holy Light should be able to be paladins (excluding Undead for the reason above), because that's where the power of paladins comes from. Taurens are druidic, they shouldn't have gotten the paladin class, it doesn't make much sense, that was a move done for gameplay reasons because Horde only had 1 paladin race compared to 3 on Alliance. Could get around that by making a new Tauren clan that follows the light, but that clan wouldn't be allowed to have druids.

-=Member of the Champions of the Sunwell=-

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There are other indicators that this is the direction they're going. The Book on his belt is a long-time paladin trademark. His overall look is uncannily similar to Arthas. In the final panels of that comic Anduin is shown to be wearing shoulder plates with crystal clusters, another trademark of paladin gear.

And what else is a paladin besides a hybrid between a warrior(his father) and a priest(how he started out)? Taking up his father's sword shows a symbolic move in that direction, among other things.
    Oh wow, I didn't even notice the tome there, I was to focused on the hammer ! You don't really need more to proof that that this is exactly the way Anduin is going.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also don't know how much weight this is worth but....

Taken from reddit
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    What i'm getting from it is: Any priest can grab a sword/hammer, don some plate and become a paladin.
    But using that logic we'd get troll paladins, worgen paladins, and god forbid fucking panda paladins.
    It actually doesn't make much sense at all that Worgen can't be Paladins; Gilneas was a civilized human kingdom entirely on par with Lordaeron and Stormwind before the Worgen curse, which happened in a somewhat nebulous timespan between the Second War and the Cataclysm, after all. They have a Church of the Holy Light, but, mysteriously, zero Paladins, only Priests, with no explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    It actually doesn't make much sense at all that Worgen can't be Paladins; Gilneas was a civilized human kingdom entirely on par with Lordaeron and Stormwind before the Worgen curse, which happened in a somewhat nebulous timespan between the Second War and the Cataclysm, after all. They have a Church of the Holy Light, but, mysteriously, zero Paladins, only Priests, with no explanation.
    It's sort of the same situation as Forsaken and their Priests. While a normal human Gilnean could easily be a paladin, it's difficult for a WORGEN to be one. A worgen already has to constantly battle rage inside them in order to function and keep the beast under control. While that might be possible while multitasking the willpower to channel the light in short bursts as a priest, it might be a little more difficult to channel the emotions and state of mind necessary to be a paladin 24/7.

Maybe not impossible, but extremely rare.