Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I believe this adequately sums it up.
    Make sure you stroke him nice and slow with a little bit of lotion--you don't want his tiny, fragile banana to peel.

because theatres are private businesses and are allowed to do whatever they want

The loons are banning the film because they don't want their narrative challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No it isn't. It's used by them but it's from the Matrix. The feminist who created the film used the term as the title and in the documentary to start her dive into the "dreaded" men's rights movement. Anyone can use the term.
    Haha. Yes, everyone knows its from the Matrix but MGTOW used it as the term of when Men have an 'awakening' of what is going on in this world. So, yes, they were the first ones use/adopt the term. She may be using that term in a way of saying, that she too has taken the 'Red Pill and has learned that all of the things feminists have been/saying doing is not true. Hard to tell from the trailer.

Also, fyi, MGTOW isnt supported by the MRA or vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT: I think men are their own enemy when it comes to the status quo changing and being taken seriously with their issues in society. Just a few posts above is a good example of this. If men can't even agree with one another and belittle each other on what a "real man" is how is anything going to change?

You got the insane rad fems that want superiority, the alpha douche bros that try to flex on everyone and the people who just want what's best get drowned out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiandra View Post
    Wanna know the freaky part? I haven't ever heard of a men's rights movement...
    I didnt even hear in commercials about this film either.
    It weirds me out that its literally been silence in the paper, silence on tv,cuz something like this you'd expect to make the news.

It actually looks interesting...
    Guess why they're annoyed at being silenced so throroughly; why, that descriptor called 'ban' might just be the thing to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because it's generally not commiseration based on mutual experience and hardship, but using their issue to segue into ranting about your own mostly or entirely unrelated issue and telling them they're a self-centered jackass anytime they try to bring the conversation back to the original topic.
    Because the only thing they get in reply is "no we were first go away" along with the usual salvo of emotive insults.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Of course that is what you see...I would expect no less. These are not reasonable people expressing real issues that adversely affect them....they're the kind who spew the "exact sorts of harmful thoughts and practices that create the problems they're so upset about". Yeah, that's it...that's the ticket!
    Don't worry, at least they're not being oppressed any more. Too bad every time it just turns into oppressing everyone else :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Theatrical documentaries often get little to no advertising unless they're coming from already well established people.
    It's also why making it harder for this to get off the ground is especially irritating. Hey, it got shown less worldwide - as these things spread by popularity and that largely comes from word of mouth, we really should start considering why do these hate groups are allowed to exist at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they fucking worked for it.
    They whined like little shits and used mob rule to twist the arm political opinion. To the end of censoring most of their ideological opposition. That's the PC culture for you in a nutshell, me it reminds of red rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Can't speak in a general sense, but the early attempts at shelters I've heard about have been linked to feminism whether they wanted to or not. There was a push for some in England many years ago, but they were harassed (physically, in media, politically) by feminist groups to the point where they had to shut down. A huge push to shut down a center for victims of domestic abuse, just because the victims were men.
    I know the same happened some while back in Sweden (until they eventually got one open in 2015) and in many other countries.
    I see a pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Haha. Yes, everyone knows its from the Matrix but MGTOW used it as the term of when Men have an 'awakening' of what is going on in this world. So, yes, they were the first ones use/adopt the term. She may be using that term in a way of saying, that she too has taken the 'Red Pill and has learned that all of the things feminists have been/saying doing is not true. Hard to tell from the trailer.

Also, fyi, MGTOW isnt supported by the MRA or vice versa.
    The whole Red Pill, Blue Pill colloquialism represents Red, seeing the truth whether you like or accept it, Blue, willfully being ignorant. Problem is it was created by the Matrix series, and in it's original form taking the Red pill is just another way to willfully blind yourself from the truth. An underlying theme of the series is people blindly following "the truth" which in this instance was told to them by others. Red pill was the truth the free'd people wanted you to believe, Blue Pill was accepting the truth the Machines wanted you to believe. The truth is something else entirely and not everyone gets to see it (they did arrive to this conclusion in the movies but in a distorted round-a-bout way.)

Ironically it could be apt for this movie. Depends on how much of the MGTOW shit she eats vs the bowl of shit feminism has been serving which she is familiar with.

Edit:
    In the extended preview on Youtube, the name is pulled form the Reddit subforum.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2017-04-24 at 07:13 PM.

The one thing that strikes me as odd or overtly stand-off'ish is in a couple of interviews, it's said that Casey Jaye veered from the left to "the right" by jumping into the MGTOW investigation.

The left (by definition, obviously not practice) is generally sensitive to Social issues, all social issues that affect society. MGTOW is a social conscience group, they are in fact what would be considered a left of center group. Why the hell are they even viewed as being on some opposite end of the spectrum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The one thing that strikes me as odd or overtly stand-off'ish is in a couple of interviews, it's said that Casey Jaye veered from the left to "the right" by jumping into the MGTOW investigation.

The left (by definition, obviously not practice) is generally sensitive to Social issues, all social issues that affect society. MGTOW is a social conscience group, they are in fact what would be considered a left of center group. Why the hell are they even viewed as being on some opposite end of the spectrum?
    My guess is because the social issues they are addressing, aren't to the benefit of the minority groups.

Men are viewed as privileged, and not in need of social change. So the movement is generally dismissed by the Left as they don't take it seriously, and view it as republicans having a "what about me?" group to oppose the left.

That is just my guess though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Feminists apparently feel threatened by this and I don't get why.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are interested in hearing more from Cassie Jaye, here is a long interview with her. She explains why she made this documentary, and her journey.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    My younger brother has autism. He is pretty middle of the road. Not severe enough to need to be in a special facility, but not enough to be considered what used to be known as aspergers. However, unlike many who claim to be Autistic on the internet, my younger brother has a job and contributes to society.
    I have aspergers syndrome. And i can understand in a way your brothers problems. These people are not autistic, they're imbecile.
    A private entity can choose to not sell one of their products for whatever reason, and no one should bat an eye.
    MRA are mostly ppl who their partners left them, and then they go against an entire gender
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

Lots of people in the movement regularly express right wing opinions. MRA/MGTOW and Redpill and /pol/sters regularly mingle. Red pill is a bad name for a movie too when it's been adopted by alt right types to "red pill" people on Racial IQs, Anti-semitic cospiracies/holocaust denial.

Like with all other cults, they have to attack the apostate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

This isn't about their right to expression. They have the right to say they hope all women are raped to death. What of it? It's about pragmatic action informed by reality, and the simple fact of the matter is their agenda is based largely on delusions of persecution. The reality is feminism has largely laid down a road map for them to follow to solve most of their problems, which stem from the male gender role, which has largely remained untouched (and interestingly, some of the biggest advocates for tearing it down are the feminists they hate). The problem is that MRM is generally so preoccupied with its beliefs about persecution at the hands of feminists, that it ends up being little more than a reactionary movement doomed to failure. Instead of trying to dismantle the gender role, the typical response is "STOP TRYING TO TURN MEN INTO SISSIES" or some other ridiculous tripe, or otherwise accusing feminists, women, or whoever of trying to "erase" men from existence, when the reality is they're simply trying to erase the societal expectations that men act in a rather narrow way. It doesn't deal in reality and it sure as hell doesn't deal in pragmatism. It's pure, unabated emotional reaction that pins the blame for all of their woes in life on an easy target.
    Well, also this. Feminist advocates for men too (men who die at war, men who lose their kids to a bad parent, etc) because that stems from the original gender roles
    Why they are so obnoxious, is my question
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Calling it the redpill was a mistake. Aside from self-improving advice the entire ideology is shit.

It's a pretty deliberate attempt to use a word in an unusual way to basically equivocate and evoke a much more negative idea. "Ban" generally refers to something legal or particularly official that would prevent other people from doing things of their own volition. Your ban on beef exports from the example, for instance, would refer to someone with authority disallowing other independent entities from importing beef, regardless of their personal feelings. In the case of the theater, they simply decided to show other things. Nobody forced them not to. They chose freely.

Also, your definition only applies to the noun form.
    It's not an unusual way... I guess you aren't a gamer or know a gamer. Never heard of "picks and bans" from league of legends events? How about hearthstone? No, nothing? This is the most common usage of the word used by millions of people. It's FAR from unusual. Not to mention it's used in basically every sport. Yeah, totally unusual...

So what if it's a negative connotation? The idea of a mob of angry feminists protesting a movie be removed is a negative event that got a movie removed from a venue. Ban doesn't generally mean anything illegal, and I made many examples of it's everyday usage. You're trapped in a bubble if you've never heard people use it in the most common of ways.

People don't say they were suspended from here. They say they were banned from getting to many infractions.

Not sure why it's banned but it looks pretty dumb. Basically looks like a bunch of adults who never gave up on their "girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider" sort of attitudes from when they were children.

That's because where revocation of posting rights is concerned, the distinction between a suspension and a ban has largely been lost. However, prior to that, a ban very much meant a ban: You were thrown out and told not to come back. It's also a completely different context, so it's really irrelevant what words people use to refer to those things, just as using "flying" to refer to the means of locomotion of an airplane doesn't justify using "flying" to unironically refer to someone who is moving very slowly. Similarly, "picks" and "bans" apply to a very different context, but a ban is still banning it so that other players may not use it, even if they wish to. None of this justifies using "ban" to mean "The business freely decided not to do something." I mean good lord, would you say you were banned from shoving a stick in your eye when you decided not to do that?
    I'm not banned from shoving a stick in my eye... What sort of stupid analogy is this(no, I understand where you were going with this, and I'll address it in the next paragraph)? If someone removed all the sticks from my local park because they knew of my intentions, and I was forced to go somewhere else to stab myself, yes I'm banned from stabbing myself in the eye at that park.

You, and others, keep saying that the business has the right to host whatever it wants, but you neglect the enormous amount of power the mob has. You obviously don't run a business. There's a reason why the saying "the customer is always right" was created, and it's the same reason why large mobs of people can get things altered. This movie was protested and they decided it wasn't worth losing money and reputation to host it. The same thing happened to Target and GTAV. The same thing happens all the time with game developers and their audience. Several Japanese developers complain a lot about the SJW and feminist crowds, hell, some of them refuse to release to America because of them.