Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You didn't include Makoto so 10/10

(p.s. I don't hate Makoto I just think she's overrated)

Playing P4G, who should I make my waifu?
    Can't really go wrong with either Chie, Rise or Marie.

Sun just lets you get more money and items, which I never once had an issue with .
    Your compendium is probably pathetic then.

It costed me a total of 3.1 million yen to get compendium to 94%(only missing NG+ persona, Justice, Mag and Fool ultimates(as well as the ones that require those for fusion) and the 2 highest level treasure demons) and craft all the ultimate weapons/robes for the party.

You don't acquire that much yen without the sun ranks(or wasting time with confuse cheese in mementos grinding for hours, I'll pass on that snore fest). Like I said all confidants but the auto ones maxed on 12/3 without once using fortune abilities, in fact the few times it would have been useful I wouldn't use them because that's the only way to get those scripted events by taking them to hang out spots and get exclusive decorations.

Fortune is literally a worthless confidant. It's more useful then devil, but that's not saying much. Tower makes any treasure demon a free win, it's far more powerful then anything fortune could hope to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

It costed me a total of 3.1 million yen to get compendium to 94%(only missing NG+ persona, Justice, Mag and Fool ultimates(as well as the ones that require those for fusion) and the 2 highest level treasure demons) and craft all the ultimate weapons/robes for the party.
    Don't need that when I'm playing on Normal.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't acquire that much yen without the sun ranks(or wasting time with confuse cheese in mementos grinding for hours, I'll pass on that snore fest). Like I said all confidants but the auto ones maxed on 12/3 without once using fortune abilities, in fact the few times it would have been useful I wouldn't use them because that's the only way to get those scripted events by taking them to hang out spots and get exclusive decorations.

Fortune is literally a worthless confidant. It's more useful then devil, but that's not saying much. Tower makes any treasure demon a free win, it's far more powerful then anything fortune could hope to do.
    Seems like you're going for as close to 100% completion in one playthrough as possible, which is fine and all, but it is definitely not what the vast majority of people are going to be doing on their first playthrough. So to say Fortune is useless is pretty narrowminded. For the average player who isn't min-maxing it's incredibly useful. My compendium was at 60% by the end of my playthrough because other than the Strength confidant I wasn't trying to complete it. Even so, I upgraded my entire team's equipment every palace, spent tons of money on the Temperance and Fortune confidants, and fused plenty of high level persona for anywhere from 75 to 200k a piece and I still ended the game with 600k yen. So for the average player, money is definitely not an issue in Persona 5.

Tower is definitely useful, especially for Treasure Demons like you said, but I personally never had an issue since I had Morgana and a physical persona spam Miracle Punch and I never let one escape.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Don't need that when I'm playing on Normal.
    You also don't need a single confidant maxed, but we're talking about min maxing a playthrough here last I thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like you're going for as close to 100% completion in one playthrough as possible, which is fine and all, but it is definitely not what the vast majority of people are going to be doing on their first playthrough.
    Yet that's what we where talking about. Min maxing time, and fortune is barely helpful at all there, and the times it can help you skip time skips actual good scripted events that give you decorations.

Anyways in my english playthrough, 93 hours, finished 7th palace, all mementos missions done, all games beat, all books read, compendium at 97%(only missing fool and mag ultimates and the 2 personas I need them for to make). Gaurdian caught etc. The only trophies I won't have after finishing the game are the 3 you can only get on NG+(fusing ultimate Persona for MC, secret boss and 100% compendium from that persona) Meanwhile I did this while still getting to do many of the optional events, anyone who says you need a guide for a completionist run is out of their mind. Also yes this is my 2nd play through but my first in JP wasn't that far behind it and mainly only hampered because of my poor Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone know what point my MC should naturally (without any grinding) be around level 70ish? I'm really eager to try out some of my max confidant personas, but as leveling Strength confidant is giving me a headache I'm not going to be fusing them early...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I'm on the 7th palace. Not sure how people got max confidants in their first play through. Besides getting my social stats up the only other thing I've been doing is confidants and I'm not even close to max rank and I fucking forgot to start haru.
    I have Moon at 9 and Hanged at 8, everyone else maxed. I'm at 12/5 I think and just secured the route to the treasure on 6th Palace. I knew from Old Persona games that matching persona matters, and so do social stats. I prioritized those knowing that social links were pretty easy. Moon won't reappear until I clear this dungeon though so I'm screwed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Has anyone managed to get all social links up to max in their first playthrough? Finished the game recently but only maxed about half of them, and also ended up romancing Ann by mistake instead of Futaba(Although didn't even make it to 10 with her due to the kindness requirement so guess it was fine) so I guess I'll do a second playthrough to try and get everything.
    I'm close. I used a guide to see what confidants did what (to determine what to prioritize). I'm at Moon 9 and Hanged 8. I think I'll have enough time after this palace, assuming the game doesn't just end.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So does anyone know what point my MC should naturally (without any grinding) be around level 70ish? I'm really eager to try out some of my max confidant personas, but as leveling Strength confidant is giving me a headache I'm not going to be fusing them early...
    I'm at 61 I think? Just finished 6th Palace. Will likely be 62 after boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I was level 75 when I finished the game, but I was a little underleveled compared to everyone else. Although I never really struggled.

15+ Year Old Account
    I finished the game at 69. No idea where you are, but give them a shot. They're cooler cause they're usually well known in mythos.

Just beat the game

83 hours level 73

Cried during the credits cause it felt surreal that it was finally over

I don't think I can start a NG+ right now, I need some time to heal.

This has jumped to my favorite JRPG now, probably my favorite game ever tbh. Legend of the dragoons sits at #2 now after over a decade....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just beat the game

83 hours level 73

Cried during the credits cause it felt surreal that it was finally over

I don't think I can start a NG+ right now, I need some time to heal.

This has jumped to my favorite JRPG now, probably my favorite game ever tbh. Legend of the dragoons sits at #2 now after over a decade....
    Nice looking forward to seeing how it ends.

You should edit your post though. Your favorite RPG ever should be Xenogears .

Legend of the Dragoon is probably top 5 for me though. It's an incredibly flawed game in so many ways, but good god, the story, mythos, characters, etc are all top notch. Not to mention Dragoons are just badass. I'd be thrilled for a sequel, prequel, or a remake. I don't care just give me more of that world.

Xenogears doesnt even compare with p3....

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    Xenogears doesnt even compare with p3....
    O_O Pump them brakes right quick.

P3 was good, but slow as fuck to start and had shit pacing. Xenogears characters are way better all around IMO, and it has a much deeper plot. Would like to hear your analysis on how you came to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    O_O Pump them brakes right quick.

P3 was good, but slow as fuck to start and had shit pacing. Xenogears characters are way better all around IMO, and it has a much deeper plot. Would like to hear your analysis on how you came to that conclusion.
    Persona 3 starts quick as fuck by JRPG standards, and way quicker then any Xeno game for that matter(also quicker then P4 and P5).

Not sure what you're smoking or if you're confusing P3 with P4 which has a notoriously long start.

I also like when someone throws out the term "shit pacing" to describe a JRPG. Guess what, when you're trying to make a 60+ hour JRPG pacing is the last thing you're thinking about. Every JRPG has "shit pacing" as most people would describe it and if that's your issue you shouldn't be playing the genre.

Bleh, 3 times wiped in the final palace from some nasty 'one more' combos of the same enemy spamming aoe's of one type one character is weak to and then another type another character is weak too. Those long, monotenous mouse puzzle rooms suck if you run into something like that right at the end. Still 2 maguffins left for the treasure door and thats progress.
    Meanwhile i have less than 30 days to christmas and hit another wall in Mementos. Last door was blocked by the guy scamming old people, i'm assuming some time in the next two weeks or so i get another text to open the door to a final area?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Bleh, 3 times wiped in the final palace from some nasty 'one more' combos of the same enemy spamming aoe's of one type one character is weak to and then another type another character is weak too. Those long, monotenous mouse puzzle rooms suck if you run into something like that right at the end. Still 2 maguffins left for the treasure door and thats progress.
    Meanwhile i have less than 30 days to christmas and hit another wall in Mementos. Last door was blocked by the guy scamming old people, i'm assuming some time in the next two weeks or so i get another text to open the door to a final area?
    Not spoiling anything but wait for you know who to have a change of heart

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think I should play P3 FES after P4G or should I just skip it and go back to playing other games? I've heard it's a lot darker which interests me, but if the characters are meh then I don't wanna get invested.

Do you guys think I should play P3 FES after P4G or should I just skip it and go back to playing other games? I've heard it's a lot darker which interests me, but if the characters are meh then I don't wanna get invested.
    There was a poll where puerile voted to see which persona game do they want on the ps4 I think 3 won so I'd wait to see if that happens

The characters in P3 are anything but meh. I realize opinions and all, but pound for pound P3 probably has the best cast in the series IMO. P3 is lacking in other areas P4 and P5 improved on but the cast is not one, it's pretty damn strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a poll where puerile voted to see which persona game do they want on the ps4 I think 3 won so I'd wait to see if that happens
    Were they talking full remake or just an HD remaster? Because if they're gonna add QoL improvements I might wait, but if it's just a remaster then idc honestly. The graphics from what I've seen don't bother me.

The characters in P3 are anything but meh. I realize opinions and all, but pound for pound P3 probably has the best cast in the series IMO. P3 is lacking in other areas P4 and P5 improved on but the cast is not one, it's pretty damn strong.
    Good to hear.