Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    On PTR I was able to pull 1m dps substained over 4min as destro on a target dummy with feretory and spacetime shoulders 910 ilvl. Destro will be the best progress spec on most fights simply because you need to burn prio adds. Maybe affliction does more dmg on botanist right now but tunneling boss and putting a small dot on adds to gain souls and WoC stacks doesn't help much when adds can overwhelm you if you don't kill them fast enough.
    Why do people always have to sound so salty about affliction. jealousy? If I were tasked with killing adds on Botanist, I could do a very good job of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How do people deal with this on an AP level?

Do you just level both artifact weapons equally, or?
    By the time ToS comes out your AK will be so high that you'll be able to get Concordance on all 3 weapons within a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    There's inevitably going to be significant tuning. Destro is basically a "meh" ST only spec now and Affliction doesn't even have a level 100 talent. We're at the very beginning of things.
    Yeah I don't know who could possibly disagree with this. Yet somehow these forums always find a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to test anything in ToS on the ptr yet??

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers on the PTR, but if you look at the highest parses for them now, Destro is behind by almost 15-20% on most fights, and ignore skorpyon( top pasrse destro, 3.3 mil, top parse aff 9.8mill, seems legit right?). Fights like Botanist for example, should be a place where destro truley shines, but still get out dps'd by Aff. Only one fight in all of NH do we beat Aff, and that is Elisande.

Instead of nerfing their overall damage, or adjusting destro, they're buffing them again. lol Blizzard clearly wants everyone who is a warlock, to only play Afflicition.

I just want it to be an even playing field, where skill is rewarded. Average number of destro skills used during a boss fight? 10-14, average number of skills used during the exact same fight as aff? 5-7

Not sure Blizzard will ever fix it, it appears they're "trying" but its all an illusion, imo.

Average number of destro skills used during a boss fight? 10-14, average number of skills used during the exact same fight as aff? 5-7

What are you playing mate??? this made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raznazor View Post
    Average number of destro skills used during a boss fight? 10-14, average number of skills used during the exact same fight as aff? 5-7

What are you playing mate??? this made me lol
    Immolate, conflagrate, incinerate, chaos bolt, dimensional rift, summon infernal & summon doomguard (need to use both due to lord of flames), grimoire imp, havoc, dark soul, life tap, burning rush, unending resolve. If you don't have feretory you also need to use cdf. That's 14 abilities with a typical single target build

Corruption, agony, unstable affliction, drain soul, reap, life tap, burning rush, unending resolve. That's 8 aka significantly lower. What are you playing?

Is no one considering Demo for Tomb of Sargeras? Their new traits and T20 set bonus seem really strong together

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nobody has a clue, they do pretty significant changes with each build now.

The only things you can sort of count on is Affliction to keep its retarded AoE and Destruction to be better at nuking priority adds.

On PTR currently Destruction is a bit stronger than live and Affliction is a total rollercoaster in the middle of the ride and no idea where it will end up.
    Isn't the AoE only retarded when soul fires go off which seems to be only on skorp?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Isn't the AoE only retarded when soul fires go off which seems to be only on skorp?
    Yeah.

If you look at the aoe fight of the tier, Spellblade Aluriel, affliction is middle of the pack.

Seed of Corruption is a terrible aoe spell and any time affliction does aoe is with soul flame padding which only applies to a single fight of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah.

If you look at the aoe fight of the tier, Spellblade Aluriel, affliction is middle of the pack.

Seed of Corruption is a terrible aoe spell and any time affliction does aoe is with soul flame padding which only applies to a single fight of the tier.

Yeah I'm actually getting pretty tired of the amount of people who try to tell me my AOE is "the best in the game" as affliction, and then always link skorp.
    Our AoE is hot garbage if you don't spec into it, and even then is only on par with most others. Soul Flame is easily 80%+ pad damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerjompa View Post
    Is no one considering Demo for Tomb of Sargeras? Their new traits and T20 set bonus seem really strong together
    It depends on if they tune Demo stupidly good at ST to compensate for being ass at everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerjompa View Post
    Definitely considering it as an off-spec for Tomb. Gonna keep maining Destro (unless they really mess up the rework, but it doesn't look like they will), and Demo fills out a weakness for Destro quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How do people deal with this on an AP level?

Do you just level both artifact weapons equally, or?
    depending on your current rate of getting AP. you should be able to get concordance in about 3-4 weeks. (earlier if you run a lot of mythic+ or battlegrounds) that'll give you about 3 weeks to get the second spec up to par.

what i would suggest is to pick a spec you enjoy playing now. get it to the first point in concordance. then funnel the rest of your AP into your secondary spec and by the time TOS is out they'll both should be at the same place. That'll give us a 5-6 week period to see what blizz is doing with the specs and from their you can funnel into whichever spec you're gonna play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    Tuning is still happening, so no one knows what will do the most damage.

What probably won't change much though, is how that damage is distributed. Affliction is good with waves of adds, Destro is good with an important, short-lived add. Demo doesn't really have a niche, and every warlock spec is good at sustained multi-target.

Look at the Tomb fights and decide what you want to play.
    demo niche is sustained tunnel single target, we just don't have that in NH. the closest to that is trilliax and krosus. and affliction is better because trilliax has a second add plus movement and krosus has adds for WoC.

- - - Updated - - -

looking at the demo changes. the swap in damage from imps to hand of guldan is a buff, even with 3/3 relics. on top of that, it buffs synergy which i think may win out and also increases our 2 target cleave damage even more. its a really good change honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    siphon life, seed of corruption, soul effigy. What's dark soul for destro, wasn't it removed ?
    Oh yeah i forgot about siphon life, so its 9 compared to 14. You don't use seed on single target (could add rain of fire then), and soul conduit is more popular than effigy. Its called soul harvest now, same shit

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Oh yeah i forgot about siphon life, so its 9 compared to 14. You don't use seed on single target (could add rain of fire then), and soul conduit is more popular than effigy. Its called soul harvest now, same shit
    not sure why THCRaven was trying to split hairs with the spell count. Either way dest has way more spells that are both required (immo, inc, cb, conflag, cdf) and snap burst / heads up (Dim. Rift, havoc, RoF, GoSac Imp and Summon DG / Summon Infernal) which can also be rotated based on legendarys acquired and tier also on top of an RNG mastery which is unreliable.

Aff has it pretty good because they are ok in a a few places, destro is good in a few, god in one (two-target cleave to a point) and absolute horse shit at other stuff. Here's hoping to the shardbit system working....

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Instead of nerfing their overall damage, or adjusting destro, they're buffing them again. lol Blizzard clearly wants everyone who is a warlock, to only play Afflicition.
    I play demon...so...

you havoc on single target ? and affliction has soul harvest too. Also your point with soul effigy can be turned against you by removing cdf from the list.
    Havoc is used on every single fight in nighthold, seed isn't. Affliction's soul harvest is exclusive with siphon life. Soul effigy is not the optimal talent, CDF unfortunately is until you get a feretory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah.

I don't think when people praise afflictions AOE they're talking about raid encounters - where we have zero real AOE encounters this tier, they're probably on about dungeons.

Deleted
    seed is used on 2+ target to spread corruption efficiently which only leaves out trilliax.
    soul harvest is also a talent on destro so you should remove it from the list.
    Again soul effigy is the best talent for around 2-3% but you have to play it perfectly, similar with backdraft vs RoA on destro st.
    Havoc is definitely used on Trillax.
    SOC isn't used on 2 target fights since it's not worth the SS investment over UA just to save a GCD.
    Soul harvest doesn't come at the expense of another ability as destruction - SH and SL are both ST targets that compete for the same spot as affliction, SH is destructions only ST talent, so that should NOT be removed from destructions list.
    Soul Effigy is used by hardly any warlocks on logs, so arguing it's the best talent seems absurd.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-04-24 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I don't think when people praise afflictions AOE they're talking about raid encounters - where we have zero real AOE encounters this tier, they're probably on about dungeons.
    Shitty dungeons, sure. High m+, no way do you proc off enough soul flame to do respectable aoe.

M+ is melee land. Only reason affliction is doing so well is due to the fact at high m+ you're not really doing large pull for soul flame but rather pulls with plenty of multidotting and a constantly large uptime on wrath of consumption and wealth of souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Havoc is definitely used on Trillax.
    SOC isn't used on 2 target fights since it's not worth the SS investment over UA just to save a GCD.
    Soul harvest doesn't come at the expense of another ability as destruction - SH and SL are both ST targets that compete for the same spot as affliction, SH is destructions only ST talent, so that should NOT be removed from destructions list.
    Soul Effigy is used by hardly any warlocks on logs, so arguing it's the best talent seems absurd.
    Actually SE is used quite a bit, it is evident you have no experience yourself here and are talking off pure personal observation. The reason you see SC on top of logs is because of the RNG element it adds which allow for crazy parses during farm. Any lock that gives a shit during progression unfortunately used SE when it was reasonable as it was the much more consistent DPS producer of the talent tier.