Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Do you guys think I should play P3 FES after P4G or should I just skip it and go back to playing other games? I've heard it's a lot darker which interests me, but if the characters are meh then I don't wanna get invested.
    Something to keep in mind with P3 is that you can't control your party members directly. Additionally, you can't choose the skills your personas inherit manually, which can be a pain in the ass if you REALLY want to keep a skill on a new persona. Aside from that, I think it's a great game so give it a shot if you're interested.

Were they talking full remake or just an HD remaster? Because if they're gonna add QoL improvements I might wait, but if it's just a remaster then idc honestly. The graphics from what I've seen don't bother me.
    If you want the best QoL version of P3 then play P3P. The bonuses in FES are in an expansion that is selected separately at the main menu so you could always go back and play that if you wanted(fair warning, it's brutal difficulty wise and you can't change it).

P3P has the more refined combat system of P4 in it, but sacrifices the full 3D overworld for a more VN approach since PSP limitations and all. It plays much better, and the female MC has more interesting social links then the standard MC by most peoples opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Something to keep in mind with P3 is that you can't control your party members directly.
    This is why you play P3P, if you want the best QoL version LOL.

Honestly a PS4 version of P3 that combined FES with the QoL improvements and female MC of P3P would be a dream, and probably be flat out the best game in the franchise.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-24 at 11:47 PM.

Do you guys think I should play P3 FES after P4G or should I just skip it and go back to playing other games? I've heard it's a lot darker which interests me, but if the characters are meh then I don't wanna get invested.
    3 is an excellent game. Its different for everyone but i personally think its "theres a secret 25th hour in the day where the whole world goes full metaverse but you dont notice it because you become a coffin unless you evoke your persona" story is such a visually interesting hook. Its got great characters, soundtrack and art style its just far stricter on the social links and you can easily miss stuff. Still the only major complaint i would give it is the ai party members can be real wasteful with items now and then. Still a great game.

so is there always a penis monster in persona games?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes, that is Mara

Atlus USA always says "Rated M for Mara" for a reason.

Yes, he's in pretty much any megaten game, not just Persona ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is why you play P3P, if you want the best QoL version LOL.

Honestly a PS4 version of P3 that combined FES with the QoL improvements and female MC of P3P would be a dream, and probably be flat out the best game in the franchise.
    Weren't there rumors of this? Either way would I love this.

3 is an excellent game. Its different for everyone but i personally think its "theres a secret 25th hour in the day where the whole world goes full metaverse but you dont notice it because you become a coffin unless you evoke your persona" story is such a visually interesting hook. Its got great characters, soundtrack and art style its just far stricter on the social links and you can easily miss stuff. Still the only major complaint i would give it is the ai party members can be real wasteful with items now and then. Still a great game.
    Basically this. Persona 4 Golden is awesome too and I put it ahead of 5 personally but 3 is still my favorite. Just love that set of characters and Junpei reminds me of a real life friend who's retarded like him. Also has the best music among the three games with 5 being the weakest in that department.

I'm curious to see how they'll improve upon Persona 5 in the eventual updated version of the game down the road.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Weren't there rumors of this? Either way would I love this.
    Since Atlus registered a "P3D" domain, some people think that'll be Persona 3 Definitive. 'Course, it could also be Dancing (thanks, Persona 4 spin-offs).

Personally P3 will never be my favorite because Ken's up there on my list of "annoying kid characters". P5 probably has the least annoying characters, even if its overall plot is weaker.

That is one of the nice parts about P5. Sure there's some not so great character but none of them are really... annoying.

Either way just watched that cutscene when you send the calling card for the 7th Palace. That was awesome rofl.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-04-25 at 12:51 PM.

Persona 3 starts quick as fuck by JRPG standards, and way quicker then any Xeno game for that matter(also quicker then P4 and P5).

Not sure what you're smoking or if you're confusing P3 with P4 which has a notoriously long start.

I also like when someone throws out the term "shit pacing" to describe a JRPG. Guess what, when you're trying to make a 60+ hour JRPG pacing is the last thing you're thinking about. Every JRPG has "shit pacing" as most people would describe it and if that's your issue you shouldn't be playing the genre.
    When I say shit pacing I'm referring to the amount of time it takes for the cast to develop (not overall plot start, my fault for not specifying). P4 mitigates this by giving you much more up front development (I felt this was much better to get me invested and hooked earlier) rather than the very slow approach P3 took. The overall plot of P3 is better IMO than P4/P5, but I felt myself caring more about the characters in P4 more due to the more fluid growth curve. That's not to say i didn't like p3 characters. I very much so liked most of the casts development, I just liked P4's approach better for reasons stated earlier.

Im no JRPG noob. I have a massive collection of them from the PSX era onward. You may think that pacing is irrelevant over a 60 hour adventure, but that's a terribly foolish position to hold IMO.

I played P3 when it came out, but must have gotten sidetracked at one point and put it down. I later played P4 and quickly found it to be one of my favorite games ever. I then decided to go back to P3 to give it a fair shake. I liked P3 a lot, but found that playing P4 first probably reduced the amount of appreciation I would have had for it. Had I played one of the better QoL versions it might have helped too.

Playing P3 first will make P4 difficulty trivial IMO. P4 was much easier than P3.

The characters in P3 aren't meh, they just take a long time to get going and are very good, whereas P4/P5 get into the character arcs much quicker and are still good.

If you have a PS2, even thought Nocturne wasn't a Persona game, it was hella fun!

Got all the way to the yakuza miniboss in palace 7 on zero sp, finally had to leave a palace before the treasure room, thank god for 'becky'

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got all the way to the yakuza miniboss in palace 7 on zero sp, finally had to leave a palace before the treasure room, thank god for 'becky'
    Haru can grow you food on the school roof top. I missed her entirely because the game doesn't tell you about her or where she's at

Haru can grow you food on the school roof top. I missed her entirely because the game doesn't tell you about her or where she's at
    Wut...

On the very first day you can start her confidant Morgana literally says "hey isn't Haru growing stuff on the rooftop?".

Do you just mash X and then later claim the game doesn't tell you something?

I mean the only confidant you could actually miss if you just paid attention to things like this is Tower, and even with Tower you would have to ignore a pretty cool mementos mission to not unlock.

Well i beat the 7th palace and while the boss was easy MAN was it dragged out by rebuffing constantly!

Now waiting for the change of heart i'm working on my S links and mementos. I'm at 23 missions waiting for the last area and i think i've done most of the s link ones and the last i fought progression was was Mara and besides being a total dickhead if you dont have nuclear on you its all gotten real quiet.

Still way more game left than i expected, i'm now lvl66 on very hard mode with 111 hours played and after this i'm finally trying P4 after never getting around to it since it was £3 digitally on my new vita. Maybe i'll get to it this week after all this before NG+ of P5.

and i ended up basically romance flagging everyone but went with the reporter just to see since nobody seems to go that route.

also MAN FUCK THAT KANA GIRLS PARENTS, I THOUGHT KAMOSHIDA WAS BEYOND GRIFFITH TIER SHIT BUT GOOD LORD

The final fight in Palace 7 was easy but I loved the crap out of it. Iunno it felt epic? I mean you were fighting the soon to be prime minister of Japan on steroids. Had really nice music too.

Other than that just took the time to finish up Makoto's social link. That moment when that boyfriend starts beefing with Makoto and you have the choice to be a total alpha male was sweet rofl.

Was also going to do a NG+ of P5 right after I beat it but I think I'll take a break after 100+ hours... finish up Uncharted collection or something.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-04-26 at 01:04 AM.

do people tend to train at the cafe to increase their max hp? I only did it that one time but everything else seemed more important. Is there a max limit you can do it?

You didn't include Makoto so 10/10

(p.s. I don't hate Makoto I just think she's overrated)

Playing P4G, who should I make my waifu?
    Chie is literally the only correct answer.

She's also ridiculously good to use in combat, so...yeah, Chie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Chie is literally the only correct answer.

She's also ridiculously good to use in combat, so...yeah, Chie.
    Chie is worst girl, and I think the developers agree since they made Kanji the better physical user in P4G by giving him power charge

Chie is worst girl, and I think the developers agree since they made Kanji the better physical user in P4G by giving him power charge
    Dragon Hustle and Galatic Punt though!

Kanji is a passable girl though.

I...guess?