Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.
    Because you've spoken to 'almost EVERYONE' that plays or has played the game, to form this consensus - right?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

There is too much I'd like to change at this point. It would be a new game combining all the stuff from all expansions combined that I think were great, adding some new ideas, removing other shit. What WoW actually needs is re-inventing itself and focusing on its core features and gameplay, instead of randomly bringing in more and more stuff, further and further thinning the core essence of the game. TL;DR: Less Is More!
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-04-25 at 01:01 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Communities aren't like instant mash potatoes where you just add more people and it happens. In fact adding more people will often reduce community, where there are so many people everyone is just a faceless character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    There is too much I'd like to change at this point. It would be a new game combining all the stuff from all expansions combined that I think were great. What WoW actually needs is re-inventing itself and focusing on its core features and gameplay, instead of randomly bringing in more and more stuff, further and further thinning the core essence of the game. TL;DR: Less Is More!
    This... And that's unfortunately something we can't really get in WoW, we've been in everything mode for far too long to just remove it in an expansion... WoW 2 however, could provide a fresh start and a platform for a more focused game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    In fact adding more people will often reduce community, where there are so many people everyone is just a faceless character.
    So... exactly what LFR/LFD and crossrealm BGs did.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-25 at 01:03 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't think any of these things would make wow more fun.

Make the world in wow more fun. Deemphasize raids. Make more dungeons. Dungeons are a lot more fun than raids. Make the mobs more dense in the world. Make the quests more interesting. Make a lot of dungeons in the world.

Put in the option for the player character to hire tank, healer or dps bots help them out in the world while they quest.

Don't be so stingy with resources and mats out in the world. Its not fun or good for anyone to do the same crap over again to farm a small amount of mats and resources.

Don't make gated activities. They don't make me want to keep playing the game. I am obsessive compulsive. If you make the game good instead of gated, I will keep playing.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2017-04-25 at 01:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Third jaylock bait thread getting traction this week.
    Either this guy is really well versed at baiting or the mmo-c community is just that easy. Or it's both of those.
    But please, do continue your arm-chair game designing.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward."
    what the fuck is this? do you mean stat squish? cause what? or do you really mean item squish, and idk what the fuck that is
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    What constitutes a "mega" server? I mean this from a technical standpoint. How would Blizzard go about merging 2, 3, 5, 10 realms together? Don't you think potato computers would bake a pizza if Stormwind or new Dalaran is jam-packed with players? It would be atrocious! Never, ever going to happen. X-realm zones already have a handle on this, and they're doing well.

Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    This was how it was before patch 3.3.0, when they implemented the X-realm Dungeon Finder tool. The whole point was the old Looking For Group system was archaic, and it didn't make much sense to leave it that way (look at the auction house UI, or even the auction house logic pre-7.1.5). Times change, and World of Warcraft and its developers change with it - and I don't simply mean people get fired or quit. Developers grow with the times. Imagine if we returned to your first ground mount is obtained at 40, and the first epic mount is obtained at 60 and flying mounts at 70 - oh - and we remove the Chauffered chopper mount, too. It's regression, and people don't jive well with regression (just look at all of the guilds that fell apart on Mannoroth - the Guild Killer or Vaelestrasz - the Guild Breaker). Believe it or not, Dungeon Finder was a step in the right direction, despite what legacy server players may believe.

Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.
    There is an item/stat squish coming after Legion, in the next expansion. This has already been confirmed by Ion Hazzikostas (aka Watcher).

Add Tier set Transmogs to the Cash Shop - This is kinda of a quality of life thing. I'd most certainly pay for some tier sets I don't want to farm.
    And to what would Blizzard tell the people who obtained these tier sets 10-12 years ago, or those who spent months camping the Black Market Auction House and spent tens or hundreds of thousands of gold? It will never, ever happen.

There very well could be more, but these are the 3 that I think would make the most impact and wouldn't take much for Blizzard to do.
    Most impact? Oh, each of these would leave a pretty big impact - I don't know if WoW would die, but people would certainly quit.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I appreciate your post. These just simply aren't great ideas. In fact, I think you would weep if they did any of these things... except maybe the last one.
    Last edited by Vorecien; 2017-04-25 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This... And that's unfortunately something we can't really get in WoW, we've been in everything mode for far too long to just remove it in an expansion... WoW 2 however, could provide a fresh start and a platform for a more focused game.
    I highly doubt that there will be a WoW 2 ever. At least not in the form of an MMORPG that we may think of. Blizz always has a keen eye on innovative ideas on the gaming market, refines them and makes them accessible to a broad mass. I could rather imagine them doing a cinematic singleplayer RPG in the Warcraft universe like The Witcher 3 or some other genre than MMO(RPG). I'm actually curious about Blizzard's next game release in general.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

1) Gnome paladins
    2)
    3)

Blizzard will never merge servers because it looks bad. The cross-server stuff works just fine to make the world feel populated, I'm guessing, so they have no real reason to do it anyways.
    Removing LFD/R seems like a pretty damn bad idea. That's where a good chunk of the story is these days, and the fact is, the toothpaste is already out of the tube. Regressing back to /2 spamming would just make the game even more inaccessible.
    Item squish I'm fine with.

As for meh,
    The gameplay needs a serious overhaul. Go play Guild Wars 2 or Wildstar (both with action camera/mouse look). That's the kind of gameplay that I think is the future of MMOs. A dodge mechanic, move-while-casting to keep everyone on their toes, and fast-paced combat that gets you right back into the action as soon as possible. They also have numerous abilities for each class, but you're limited to just 10 at any given time, which drastically reduces ability clutter. Left-click/right-click should be primary abilities (maybe even remove autoattack altogether) with camera movement basically locked to the mouse except when you press a special button/open bags/open map. I've been playing WoW on the PTR (been unsubbed for over 6 years now) just to mess around and see if WoW is any fun, but it still plays like a game from 2004. I'm not sure if this kind of gameplay overhaul would even be possible on the WoW engine at this point, it's just too old and bloated. I guess it would be a good idea for their next MMO (if they ever make another one, it's not like WoW isn't bringing in unspeakable amounts of money or something).

Timewalking shouldn't be some random event that pops up for one week. It should just be a feature. Basically, make timewalking dungeon gear = normal [current expac] dungeon gear < heroic current dungeon gear < timewalking raid gear <= LFR gear, etc. Make it so dungeon timewalkers are queued with people that are just leveling normally or whatever so that newbies and/or people that are leveling normally for fun can actually play old dungeons. Obviously, I don't expect EVERY dungeon or raid to have timewalking, but only making it available for one week at a time seems weird and is a major turn off. Maybe instead, the timewalking week could just be a bonus where timewalking raids/dungeons results in gear one ilevel tier higher (so, timewalking dungeons would give gear equivalent to a heroic dungeon for example).

Just for fun, add double jump and glide to every class, just like Demon Hunters. It's just way too effing fun. Warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues can use a paraglider like the one from Breath of the Wild, warlocks can use demon wings like Demon Hunters, Death Knights get skeletal wings, priests and paladins get angelic wings, druids get bird wings, mages and shamans get some kind of elemental special effect. There's no real reason for this, I just like jumping nonstop.

These are all just, like, my opinion though (man). It's not like any of it will ever happen.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-04-25 at 01:41 AM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

a single giant shard/server would be cool the rest hell no.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Here are my 3, what are yours?

• Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.

Honorable mention:

- Add Tier set Transmogs to the Cash Shop - This is kinda of a quality of life thing. I'd most certainly pay for some tier sets I don't want to farm.

There very well could be more, but these are the 3 that I think would make the most impact and wouldn't take much for Blizzard to do.
    Yeah that aint gonna happen you want vanilla like burning crusade server go play on private servers.. gaming companies have to comply to all parties both casual and hardcore so yeah.. that's my take on things.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Make mythic 10 man instead of 20.
    2. Add a robust housing system akin to Wildstar and fill all content, old and new alike, with decorations to collect.
    3. Tie whoever thought of artifact weapons, artifact power, and artifact knowledge to a pole and set them alight.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Fire Celestalon
    Fire Holinka
    Fire Lore
    This is a far better 3 point list

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Fire Celestalon
    Fire Holinka
    Fire Lore
    The only correct reply in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    1.Making every region one massive server would promote a community? Ok, that's just not what would happen. There'd be more people, but the way people interact and create communities within the game would remain the same. See point below.

2.Forcing people to manually group =/= people interacting with one-another in a meaningful, deep-running way.
    Any idiot having been present before automatic grouping tools came along, should know that the whole rose-shimmering idea where everyone became buddies upon grouping up and moving to a dungeon holds little to no truth. Want to be social and interact? Then do it, there's literally nothing stopping you. Don't blame your own social ineptitude on game features.

3.The item squish is happening, not that it'll have ANY effect on the game other than numbers being small. Same as the last time. Sorry, nostalgia-freaks won't get their feels back from seeing numbers of TBC-levels across their screens.
    Everything that needed to be said.

Encrypt the files so we have to discover things ourselves again.
    Stop listening to players
    Remove flying totally for current content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    The only correct reply in here.
    but lore is awesome and funny hes a really cool dude......
    have you seen his Navi weak aura?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    - Perma-ban people using "casual" as a derogatory term.
    So basically perma-ban those of us who are relatively cheaper (as customers) and spend the same amount of money to play?
    I doubt any business would do something like that.

Hmmm:
    - russian servers, with all russian accounts being transferred to them
    - more artifact appearances (i want a mace and axe version of ashbringer too!... hell gimme a crusader 2h flail )
    - A return to the pre-7.2 AK-system at some point.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-04-25 at 05:44 AM.