Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Command Center, April 24 Hotfixes, Dev Q&A Thursday, Arena Cup, Blue Posts, Hayven

PTR/Beta Patch 45113 - New Necromancer Item Passives

Dino Dash - The Un'Goro Obstacle Course

US Realms - Command Center
    The Command Center is active on US realms!

Command Center

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - April 24
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Class Halls
    • Players who have unlocked multiple Challenge appearances for their Artifacts will no longer see more than one of them on top of each other in their Class Halls.

Items
    • Players should be able to transmogrify tabards to the appearance of the Legionfall Tabard.
    • Butcher’s Bone Apron should no longer provide a benefit that persists in unintended circumstances.

Player versus Player
    • Fixed a bug that was causing some players to become invulnerable in instanced PvP.
    • The quest "Something Different" now requires 1 brawl victory (was 3 brawl completions).
      • The quest now rewards a Soldier's Legacy Artifact Power token, 3 Marks of Honor, and a Brawler's Footlocker.

Quests
    • Corrine the Deceiver should now respawn as expected when killed on the quest “Cult Culling”.
    • Fixed a bug that was causing errors opening Stolen Crates during “Arming the Army”.
    • “Full Fel” now correctly awards quest credit.
    • Resolved issues where some Paladins were not able to obtain the letter starting the Maximillian questline.
    • A certain Escape Rope in a secret treasure cave is now easier to see. It’s dark in there!

Join Us for a Live Developer Q&A Thursday - April 27
    Join us live on Twitch Thursday, April 27, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. We’ll be looking back over the first few weeks of 7.2, and answering your questions about everything involved with the patch, including the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults, new and improved dungeons, and more.

Feel free to submit questions by posting in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA.

We’re looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can, so we hope to see you Thursday at 11:00 a.m. PDT!

WoW Arena Championships: Sign-Up For Cup #2 Now!
    Cup #2 is on its way: seize the day! Signups are open and we’re waiting for YOU to show us your cunning strategies and hunger to win. The North America Qualifier Cup #2 will be broadcast live on Twitch, on Sunday May 14th at 11:00am PDT. Whether you’re competing, curious or just plain old crazy about esports—you can read up on entry requirements, prizes and community events below. Get involved!

All About Tournaments
    • The events are 3v3 Arena Tournaments on live realms.
    • There is a double-elimination bracket, so watch out!
    • Team rosters are 4-player, but you can sign-up with 3.
    • All series are best-of-5.
    • Tournament Mode is required; all gear is normalized and honor talents and artifact power are maximized

All About Prize Pools
    • 1st place: $3,000, 160 points
    • 2nd place: $1,500, 80 points
    • 3rd place: $1,000, 36 points
    • 4th place: $500, 20 points
    • 5th and 6th places: 12 points each

All About Rosters
    • Didn’t finish in the top 6 in the first tournament? Not a problem! Teams can change their team members as often as they want, until points are earned. Once you have points on the board, your teams are set in stone. Well, except. . .
    • Teams who earn points are allotted one roster swap without consequences.
    • After the free swap, there is an automatic 50% reduction to your points tally.
    • If you want to know more, read our official Championship rules below.

Signups for NA Cup #2 Are Live!
    • Signups are live!
    • Signups will be open until 9:00am PDT on May 8th.
    • Teams will be seeded by the rating they achieve as signups close.
    • Bracket play starts on the 10th, and plays through the 11th May (if a second day is needed).
    • The last 8 teams will be broadcast live on Twitch on Sunday, May 14th starting at 11:00am PDT.
    • We’re excited to partner-up with GCDTV, who will be helping us out with all that has to happen behind the scenes (which is a lot).
    • The full rules and regs—plus the essential player handbook—can be found here.
    • Dates and signups for future cups will be coming soon!

Cup Dates For Your Diary
    • Cup #2: May 14th
    • Cup #3: June 10th
    • (Cup #4 is shy and doesn’t want to say anything just yet – check back for updates)

Want To Run Your Own Tournament?
    We would love to see more of these! The more community involvement the better and there are some seriously solid reasons for doing it. Community-run tournaments directly impact which teams end up in the Arena World Championships, as all approved community-run events award points. If you’re interested, here’s what you should do: read the guide, fill out the application form and send in it to us. If you have any questions about running your own event, get in touch. We’re here to help and want you to create as many community events as it’s possible to have.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Anduin's Questline - Where's the Horde part?
    Having been keeping tabs on this over the weekend I realise my original post really missed the mark. In my haste to post the details we received about the intent of the Anduin cinematic I didn't really do a very good job of addressing the points (other than AP) that had come up in similar discussions on the internet. It wasn't my intent to come across as disregarding, mocking, sarcastic or anything of the sort with my original post. I'm sorry if it came across that way.

We definitely hear that Horde players would like to see more story development for their faction following the events of 7.0, and likewise we understand that players of both factions are hungry for more story development in general. Both of those points were also included in the feedback we collated and forwarded regarding this topic, and will continue to be included going forward. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hayven Games
    The Hayven Games channel has lots of videos that explore World of Warcraft, look at the history, and other interesting information about the game.

Hayven passed away from epithelioid sarcoma on the 18th of March 2017, at 26 years old. All earnings from Hayvens YouTube channel and Patreon will from now on be donated to cancer research.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-25 at 01:04 AM.

Unlocks Elite Strike missions. These can be 3-9 days, rewarding 500 x Legionfall War Supplies, a 11.8 million AP token, and 7500 x Nethershard.
    Can confirm, top end is TWELVE days. not Nine.

Mean no offense, and may he rest in peace... but 18th of Mars? :P

I don't agree with the Brawl quest change. It's not because I want to get it over and done with, it's just that people are going to be more toxic now that there's more incentive for winning.

Also, rest in peace Hayven. Haven't watched his videos, but I'm sure his family, friends, and fans will miss him dearly.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saralin View Post
    Mars is how it's spelled in many other languages, including Swedish which I believe Hayven was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saralin View Post
    Someone must have forgotten to check/translate what they were copy pasting.

It's spooky how optimistic he was right up until he died. You'd expect him to gradually waste away over the course of a few months but no, he was still active and saying he thought he was going to pull through less than two weeks before he passed away.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

How sad Hayven passing away. His channel was thoughtful and yeah, he was pretty optimistic. That's a very hard community loss.

RIP. One of the few YouTubers left that made videos not about discussion, or evaluation of where the game was going, or bitching. Instead, he just made wholesome, in depth looks at the secrets that WoW has. He loved doing the videos and that translated into his work. A beautiful man gone too soon. In the light, we are one.

My paladin will henceforth don tier 2 in memoriam.

If only I could actually DO said OH missions.... -100%, 900 ilvl, need specific equipment. Highest i have is 890 because i'm trying to level all 6 and can go days without armor, though I have 40 green OR equipment and 50 of the green gold ones to show for it! oh, and a got the 100 OR 50 gold item from the CC the last time.... such a joke...

I do wonder why it took over a month for the news that Hayven games had passed away to be revealed to us. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I do wonder why it took over a month for the news that Hayven games had passed away to be revealed to us. RIP.
    Most likely so his family could have some time to cope. They're probably the ones who posted the video in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Can confirm, top end is TWELVE days. not Nine.
    Keep in mind the top end is Time-countered by the mission counters. In other words if you don't want to lose your champions for 12 days you have to counter the time obstacles.

What was the issue that they fixed with Butchers Boon Apron? I have it, though I rarely use it but haven't noticed anything strange so just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seriously saddens me, that Hayven had passed away in such young age because of cancer. I survived cancer when i was born, and it will allways hurt me, when people pass away because of this shit...

Deleted
    https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-ha...um=copylink

Petition to make Hayven a character in game

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    18th mars? you mean 18th march.

Many of you are more obsessed with "Mars" than the great guy. It was how it was spelled under the video, not important anyway.

I just wish the WoW community would half, no, even quarter as great as Hayven, Fred was and everyone would be so much better. He was a positive and optimistic young man, and he deserved so much better than a little corner in a post. Everyone who knew him loved him. He left such a positive impact in everyone.

He deserved more in this life. Like with tons.

He has an online petition for bringing Hayven into WoW as an npc. I leave the link here, but please don't be malicious even if you don't agree. That is your choice, I respect that but this isn't the time for personal feud. The petition: https://www.change.org/p/activision-...ayven-into-wow

Might only be me thinking this, but any reason why you only announce when buildings are up on US servers and not whats up on EU servers?

So sad and shocked to hear Hayven has passed away. His videos were relaxing, interesting and it was clear he loved the game world

RIP Hayven. Loved his content, he seemed so nice too. At least he doesn't have to suffer any longer. <3