Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Are we counting relics and trinkets because those were always the worst part of the gearing process. If you want to go a step further, even gearing up the secondary stat for gear is just a big of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    If you're not trolling, you should find another game. This by far has been the easiest expansion to gear-up in, EVER! I suspect a troll or the worst WOW player in history.
    The gearing experience has the same flow as it has since Timeless Isle in Mists of Pandaria, perhaps even earlier than that with the implementation of Isle of Thunder. Perhaps the OP is new to the game. The rudeness isn't necessary. Pitch some helpful feedback, or move on with your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Jee and you could of just done world quests for 850 gear....
    World quest awards gear "up to" 860, if it's titan forge is 875 at least.

BUT, If you are just starting out and your item level is 798. World quest awards only 800 - 810 gear.

You can do LFR the same day you hit 110 if you do any WQ. If you are extremely unlucky with loot and wait a bit to get your 3rd relic slot you might have to wait a few days at most. Mix in the pvp WQ and bg rewards and you fly up in item levels.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No. That isn't how the system works. I just got my Druid to 110 about a week ago. WQs were offering 800 and 810 gear (which is the floor), because my iLevel was sub-800. I had already purchased a full set of crafted gear for her, though, and the moment I put it on and applied a single Oblit (which now pops you straight to 840 on gear crafted before he patch), the WQs were offering 845-855. It is based on your current iLevels. You can't hit 110 at iLevels 780 and have WQs offering you 850.
    I just came back 3 weeks back and am sitting at ilvl 872. It was a pain gearing up from level 790- 800s as there weren't many world quest that awards gear and for that specific slot. Many a times, it duplicated. However, since I have not unlock flying, I had to do the class hall campaigns and those quest had to be done in the dungeons, so I got gear somehow. I mainly focus on doing Legion invasion now for nethershards and world quest for rep+ gear in between. You should be able to get a full set of 850 base gear from doubtful gear or you could save the shards like me and buy only the 5K relinquish gears. It should take 2.5 invasions to get 1 piece of 880 ilvl gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I literally got to 860 the first day I dinged 110 on my last alt which was last week. If you're serious with this post you need to gtfo and try something more suited to your abilities, Tetris mayhap?
    The reason you got 860 because you were being carried!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People keep talking about Mythic/M+ as a route to gear but come on... you're not getting into Mythic/M+ groups freshly dinged and NO, you did not get in them at 800 or so unless you did it with friends/guildies. Same for making your own group - most people aren't going to run some random ungeared person.

Uh huh, sure Jay. You got tons of invites to Mythics at 825 from random people. SUREEEEE you did.
    Agree with Celvin, a bunch of players boosting about getting high level ilevel on day 1 of hitting 110 but omitted the fact they were carried into mythics+ heroics! These ppl need to GTFO the forums!

Meanwhile my DK that hit 110 this week is 888. Try getting nethershards instead of grinding for useless junk. The only thing worth doing is NH LFR for tier pieces and maybe a trinket. Once you get to around 880 start making your own pugs for normal/heroic NH and do some M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are way off about WQs. They don't instantly start giving you 850's once you hit 110. They scale down with your average ilevel.

With that said, we do have guaranteed 850s from nethershards. It's not ideal, especially with the ASININE way they went about invasion spawn rates, but I was able to get a recent alt to around 852 with nethershard gear tokens. From there you can start getting better gear from WQ upgraded gear, mythic dungeons, LFR, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    I just came back 3 weeks back and am sitting at ilvl 872. It was a pain gearing up from level 790- 800s as there weren't many world quest that awards gear and for that specific slot. Many a times, it duplicated. However, since I have not unlock flying, I had to do the class hall campaigns and those quest had to be done in the dungeons, so I got gear somehow. I mainly focus on doing Legion invasion now for nethershards and world quest for rep+ gear in between. You should be able to get a full set of 850 base gear from doubtful gear or you could save the shards like me and buy only the 5K relinquish gears. It should take 2.5 invasions to get 1 piece of 880 ilvl gear.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason you got 860 because you were being carried!

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with Celvin, a bunch of players boosting about getting high level ilevel on day 1 of hitting 110 but omitted the fact they were carried into mythics+ heroics! These ppl need to GTFO the forums!
    Mythic Keystone wasn't open at the start of Legion. The gearing process was still quite quick and simple.

Ding 110. Spam a few World Quests and maybe the odd normal.

Get into Heroic Dungeons for 825 gear. Which required item level 810 to enter which was more than enough from Normals, World Quests and crafted gear.

Go do Mythic dungeons for 840 gear. Which btw were piss easy as 820-825 ilvl. Only thing you really had to do is make sure you had to do was keep going with your few day long third relic slot unlock.

If all you can say is "you were carried" then you have no actual argument here. The gearing process for Legion was very quick and simple.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-25 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    People are way off about WQs. They don't instantly start giving you 850's once you hit 110. They scale down with your average ilevel.

With that said, we do have guaranteed 850s from nethershards. It's not ideal, especially with the ASININE way they went about invasion spawn rates, but I was able to get a recent alt to around 852 with nethershard gear tokens. From there you can start getting better gear from WQ upgraded gear, mythic dungeons, LFR, etc.
    Most people won't do this but what I did was take my first 5-10k Nethershards from farming chests/wqs/rares the first night and bought a full set of 850 tokens. Got relics and other gear upgrades from other WQs after that because my ilvl was higher. Did NH LFR, did M+, pugged normal NH 10/10, and finally pugged H NH 9/10. People probably just get caught up wasting time on WQs from old zones before they're a high ilvl or trying to do EN LFR and normal/heroic/mythic dungeons which are a total waste of time outside of Cathedral for the 860 relic quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    I finally got good enough gear for LFR after grinding for almost a month... I had to craft the majority of the gear myself, go through a ton of boring quests, and buy various items from the auction house.... the adventure guide wasnt really helpful and was just pointing me in the wrong directions... by far one of the worst expansions for me personally.
    WAT?

I'll be honest, to get into LFR I would grind for maybe a week tops. All drops from WQ's ONLY. never had to buy anything and honestly this time around you actually COULD make use of crafted items cause there wasn't a harsh restriction on how many pieces you could equip. Honestly, this xpac may have been the most lenient intro raid gearing experience EVER and even allowed for filling in missing slots after you got geared since the rewards scaled quite nicely to a point.

Only real gripe was that running dungeons for loot seemed utterly pointless if you were running random pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I was just saying I was geared within the first few hours. I was spamming HCs and World Quests that awarded gear like crazy. I was a Resto Shaman so queue times were near instant if not instant. Also I was doing my Mythics with guildies and friends so it made getting them done quicker.

If you don't want to believe me then that is fine but no need for that sarcasm.
    Nothing to do with sarcasm, but it was observed that you had conveniently omitted that you geared up with some help and responded in a way to the OP that you had absolutely no issues gearing up solo, which I believe the OP did. Reply in the same context as the OP next time.

Nothing to do with sarcasm, but it was observed that you had conveniently omitted that you geared up with some help and responded in a way to the OP that you had absolutely no issues gearing up solo, which I believe the OP did. Reply in the same context as the OP next time.
    I never omitted it. I said I ran with guildies and friends as a group for dungeons as well as using the dungeon finder and most of my World Quests were done solo. How is that carrying?

Also how the hell else are you supposed to do Mythic Dungeons since they aren't on the queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    I finally got good enough gear for LFR after grinding for almost a month... I had to craft the majority of the gear myself, go through a ton of boring quests, and buy various items from the auction house.... the adventure guide wasnt really helpful and was just pointing me in the wrong directions... by far one of the worst expansions for me personally.

??? took me like 3hrs at lvl 110 to get enough to run nighthold LFR

Mythic Keystone wasn't open at the start of Legion. The gearing process was still quite quick and simple.

Ding 110. Spam a few World Quests and maybe the odd normal.

Get into Heroic Dungeons for 825 gear. Which required item level 810 to enter which was more than enough from Normals, World Quests and crafted gear.

Go do Mythic dungeons for 840 gear. Which btw were piss easy as 820-825 ilvl. Only thing you really had to do is make sure you had to do was keep going with your few day long third relic slot unlock.

If all you can say is "you were carried" then you have no actual argument here. The gearing process for Legion was very quick and simple.
    This would have been a better response to the OP, seeing that you will always be able to get far better gear with help from guildies than what the OP did (solo content and crafting gear).

This would have been a better response to the OP, seeing that you will always be able to get far better gear with help from guildies than what the OP did (solo content and crafting gear).
    And that solo content and crafting gear initially was enough to get you geared for the Heroic dungeon requirement.

Gearing now is piss easy. Especially with how cheap Obliterum stuff is. Also 400 Nethershards for a free 850 is a steal.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-25 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Most people won't do this but what I did was take my first 5-10k Nethershards from farming chests/wqs/rares the first night and bought a full set of 850 tokens. Got relics and other gear upgrades from other WQs after that because my ilvl was higher. Did NH LFR, did M+, pugged normal NH 10/10, and finally pugged H NH 9/10. People probably just get caught up wasting time on WQs from old zones before they're a high ilvl or trying to do EN LFR and normal/heroic/mythic dungeons which are a total waste of time outside of Cathedral for the 860 relic quest.
    Yes, this is what I intent to do for alts. 5 pages worth of comments and all of them are either sarcasm or pure BS. This is the best advise so far.

Yes, this is what I intent to do for alts. 5 pages worth of comments and all of them are either sarcasm or pure BS. This is the best advise so far.
    How is it BS? Gearing now is way easier than gearing initially in Legion. All your initial argument consisted of was that anyone who played with friends or guild members was "carried" which is one of the most weakest arguments I've ever seen.

And anyone with half a working brain cell would go Broken Shore and farm 850 sets for alts. If you aren't then you are doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-25 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Is this sarcasm? You can get a ton of purples just from world quests.
    To be fair, before 7.2, it is annoying.

You get 850 if your item level is 845.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    WAT?

I'll be honest, to get into LFR I would grind for maybe a week tops. All drops from WQ's ONLY. never had to buy anything and honestly this time around you actually COULD make use of crafted items cause there wasn't a harsh restriction on how many pieces you could equip. Honestly, this xpac may have been the most lenient intro raid gearing experience EVER and even allowed for filling in missing slots after you got geared since the rewards scaled quite nicely to a point.

Only real gripe was that running dungeons for loot seemed utterly pointless if you were running random pugs.
    Agree with the last sentence, if you are not keen to do heroics, mythics or even WQ, you can just do the Legion invasion. Within a week, you should be geared 850. The time taken to get loot from dungeons could be spend better at doing the invasion quest which takes around 30-40mins each session. I reckon maybe 3 sessions of invasion will net you more than 5k.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it BS? Gearing now is way easier than gearing initially in Legion. All your initial argument consisted of was that anyone who played with friends or guild members was "carried" which is one of the most weakest arguments I've ever seen.

And anyone with half a working brain cell would go Broken Shore and farm 850 sets for alts. If you aren't then you are doing it wrong.
    Already indicated that new players can go to Broken shore and farm 850 sets. This I fully agree.

My argument is the numerous post on high 860 ilvl gear and not saying that they were ran with guilds and friends. Already pointed out that no PUG will run mythics with a freshly ding 110.

If you guys even bother reading the comments in the first post, you already know that the player may
    be soloist! From grinding WQ and crafting gear. And before commenting that my argument is weak, please read in between the lines in the first post and respond according to his/her context.

Having guildies to help you with gear DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO PUT THE OP DOWN!!
    Last edited by torque6; 2017-04-25 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    couple of hours of farming the sentinax, jumped from 790 to 850. What are you talking about?
    [/URL]