Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    She didn't, Garrosh did. She was busy trying to kill herself on ICC while Garrosh decided to throw the Forsaken at Gilneas to remove a potential Alliance port city.
    i mean its still kinda her fault for trying to kill her self instead of governing her people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    oh you mean useing Plague womens on Innocent? Gilneas... and Southpaw, even if we say anderhall was not contested battleground, where all civilians are gone. Still used Plague womens there.. Or sacrifised Humans for blood ritual for "Dark Mirror"

tried to enslave Valkyr. tried to, or made a deal with Helya which is a villain so what does that make sylvanas?

Oh yeah, improsined and tortured Koltira Deathweaver, because He did not want to use Plague weapons on a Force that was retreating.

yeah nah, she is aint a villain, cus she looks pretty therefor she is a great charcter.
    didn't she imprison deathweaver because he was working with thassarian? i could be wrong been a while since I've done those quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Make a deal with the legion or the void lords anything is possible.
    What do you mean eventually do something evil? Have you slept since Vanilla? When has she ever done something that wasn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What do you mean eventually do something evil? Have you slept since Vanilla? When has she ever done something that wasn't?
    Sylvanas is Waifu and Gofik, so nothing she does can be evil. especially since a story in a game can never be written bad and therefore everything written in WoW is absolutely logical and writing on par with the Lord of the Rings, therefore she is not evil as long as the world doesn't reacts to her evil deeds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Southshore stopped being a civilian target when it started launching raids by attacking Tarren Mill first as per quest logs from Vanilla. Plus the commanders in the area went rogue which is why you had to kill them. For Gilneas I ask of you, can you think of a better way to win the war that doesn't wipe out your people because A) Gilneas gets the upper hand or B) Garrosh finds out what's going on and has his Kor'kron execute the whole damn lot of you? If you have a realistic answer (Siding with Gilneas or getting alliance help isn't realistic) that doesn't involve the near extinction I'm listening.

As for "nothing on par." we're talking about a faction that has at times used their mages to completely firebomb entire zones.

Also going by the entire video it seems anyone not a Paladin was dead quicker than they could comprehend what was happening. Quicker than being in a damn firebomb or hacked and left laying on the ground with missing body parts as you slowly bleed out. The only things that lasted longer than it takes Bolt to run 100m was Arthas and Bolvar. Arthas because he's the Lich King and Bolvar from some stupid light reason.
    da blazes you talking about southshore for. we were talking about the city of furrys no one brought up southshore.

as for gilneas as i said before just because you don't want to lose people doesn't make it ok, and if she really wanted to she could tell garrosh to suck a dick and bunker up in undercity even though id say that would be a stupid thing to do.

i was hoping you would bring up the video. go to 307 it looks like that orc isn't dead quicker then they could comprehend it kinda seems like his face is melting.

you also never answered what wmd's the alliance had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sylvanas is Waifu and Gofik, so nothing she does can be evil. especially since a story in a game can never be written bad and therefore everything written in WoW is absolutely logical and writing on par with the Lord of the Rings, therefore she is not evil as long as the world doesn't reacts to her evil deeds.
    i don't get it i think shes a fine character and i like her even though she is evil i don't get why people have to bend over backwords to try and say she isn't even when she clearly is. just because some ones evil doesn't mean you can't like them.

Deleted
    There wasn't even a valid point to attack Gilneas to begin with. Has she ever tried to build up diplomatic relationships with humanity if Garrosh really threatens her? Because outside of Soutshore, where we don't have any proves who started the aggression and which is only one little town that in some way endangered the whole Forsaken, there wasn't that much of aggressions from the Human Side. Nothing that would indicate that the Humans of the Alliance are all for slaughter every undead, they have proven themselves to be rather accepting of undead Members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i don't get it i think shes a fine character and i like her even though she is evil i don't get why people have to bend over backwords to try and say she isn't even when she clearly is. just because some ones evil doesn't mean you can't like them.
    Because its WoW. It is a story for people who also think that Marvel Comics have formidable writing.

7+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't even a valid point to attack Gilneas to begin with. Has she ever tried to build up diplomatic relationships with humanity if Garrosh really threatens her? Because outside of Soutshore, where we don't have any proves who started the aggression and which is only one little town that in some way endangered the whole Forsaken, there wasn't that much of aggressions from the Human Side. Nothing that would indicate that the Humans of the Alliance are all for slaughter every undead, they have proven themselves to be rather accepting of undead Members.
    the closest shes ever come to being diplomatic is when she came up with the idea to murder her sister and her kids so they could live in undercity.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because its WoW. It is a story for people who also think that Marvel Comics have formidable writing.
    that hurts i like marvel comics.....

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like you really are lost arent you? Is the Story too hard for you to understand? Your signature says you are a tactician but I bet you didn't spend even 10 seconds thinking about why she couldn't refuse Garrosh.

the closest shes ever come to being diplomatic is when she came up with the idea to murder her sister and her kids so they could live in undercity.
    She never planned to kill her kids, she even flat out said Undercity was no place for them, only then did Vereesa even remember she fucking had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It's like you really are lost arent you? Is the Story too hard for you to understand? Your signature says you are a tactician but I bet you didn't spend even 10 seconds thinking about why she couldn't refuse Garrosh.

She never planned to kill her kids, she even flat out said Undercity was no place for them, only then did Vereesa even remember she fucking had kids.
    you might be right i'm not gonna say i remember it 100% thought she did but i could be wrong. but she was gonna murder vereesa.

da blazes you talking about southshore for. we were talking about the city of furrys no one brought up southshore.

as for gilneas as i said before just because you don't want to lose people doesn't make it ok, and if she really wanted to she could tell garrosh to suck a dick and bunker up in undercity even though id say that would be a stupid thing to do.

i was hoping you would bring up the video. go to 307 it looks like that orc isn't dead quicker then they could comprehend it kinda seems like his face is melting.

you also never answered what wmd's the alliance had.
    Because people bring up Southshore all the time. So it's clearly right to assume everytime someone brings up the plague they also talk about Southshore because 99.999999999% of the time they do.

She can't bunker in Undercity, did you forget Undercity was basically under martial law with Kor'kron everywhere. Saying no basically means death sentance for the Forsaken, attacking the Gilneans the way Garrosh wanted was a death sentence for the Forasken. Now I ask you again, bring in a better tactics and leave 21st century morality at the door.

WMDs. Mages themselves are one, for christ sake get a handful of mages together they can take down cities worth of people in mere seconds. Humans in the warcraft universe have done it pleanty of times over the warcraft past and are considered heroes. Creating fireballs that are the size of MOABs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    you might be right i'm not gonna say i remember it 100% thought she did but i could be wrong. but she was gonna murder vereesa.
    Sylvanas was going to murder Vereesa painlessly and convert her into being like Sylvanas herself - a Dark Ranger one would assume. Vereesa thought she would rule by Sylvanas' side as a still living aide-de-camp of sorts but Sylvanas felt that the Forsaken would not accept a living leader, even the sister of their Banshee Queen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree so much. I love her as a character but i like her being evil/dark grey, makes things more interesting then always noble.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because people bring up Southshore all the time. So it's clearly right to assume everytime someone brings up the plague they also talk about Southshore because 99.999999999% of the time they do.

She can't bunker in Undercity, did you forget Undercity was basically under martial law with Kor'kron everywhere. Saying no basically means death sentance for the Forsaken, attacking the Gilneans the way Garrosh wanted was a death sentence for the Forasken. Now I ask you again, bring in a better tactics and leave 21st century morality at the door.

WMDs. Mages themselves are one, for christ sake get a handful of mages together they can take down cities worth of people in mere seconds. Humans in the warcraft universe have done it pleanty of times over the warcraft past and are considered heroes. Creating fireballs that are the size of MOABs.
    I didn't bring up south shore I don't care about south shore.

As I said in my post bunkering in under city would be stupid but if she wanted to he could. Personally if I was her I'd try to side with the blood elfs and tell garrosh to sod off. Then only foot holds in the Easter kingdom are forsaken and blood elfs so it's not like he could do much other then send boats over witch I doubt he would do and leave org light on orcs.

As for mages I was just wondering if you meant them because you didn't awnser. And U.S. Mages are dicks unless there defending from invaders i wouldn't call them any where near Heros.

10+ Year Old Account
    when has sylvanas not done something evil? shes been doing evil stuff since she was raised.

- - - Updated - - -

he was hunting nathanous because he found out his cousin was an zombie murdering people i doubt it had any thing to with the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

how is she slightly evil she wanted to murder her sister and her kids to make them zombies shes full on evil. not that thats a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean she tried mass genocide in gilneas.
    That was war. Was she not ordered to by Garrosh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas was going to murder Vereesa painlessly and convert her into being like Sylvanas herself - a Dark Ranger one would assume. Vereesa thought she would rule by Sylvanas' side as a still living aide-de-camp of sorts but Sylvanas felt that the Forsaken would not accept a living leader, even the sister of their Banshee Queen.
    Ya still a pretty evil thing to do. More so because after Icc she would know that either undead get hell or that she gets hell. Not quite sure if all undead get hell almost all of them seem to become ghost unleaded cleansed/released so maybe you get hell and become a ghost? I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That was war. Was she not ordered to by Garrosh?
    That was never in question not sure why you bring it up. Garrosh was a massive dick at that point I wouldn't say he was evil as he didn't want to use the plague but that was probably more so to kill the forsaken rather then spare the furrys. But you put a guy who has spent years fighting Zombies in charge of a faction with a zombie population it's kinda clear he's not gonna be ok with the zombies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I agree so much. I love her as a character but i like her being evil/dark grey, makes things more interesting then always noble.
    Pretty much there's no point to try and make her a good person, she's not and that's ok i like evil characters a lot.

Deleted
    Being polemic doesn't makes you smart as long as you don't offer any valid counter-arguments, kiddo. By Virtue of me being able to see the weaknesses of the writing in the Warcraft-Setting, while you think that everything is perfectly in the best way written as long as it pushes your Waifu I have proven myself more intelligent than you, so why don't so simply stop it and return to...what edgy kids do nowaday, I don't know the currently edgiest bands. Like, I guess like my Asking Alexandria jokes don't work because you are too young to remember them? Could we stop this for a minute and you give me a hint what would be a currently popular band you truly edgy and unique and deep kids listen these days on which I could make references? Like, how is this Band called that made this Suicide Squad Music Video? 21 Pilots? Is this on the Level of Sylvanas Edgy?

This doesn't changes the fact that she intended to kill Vereesa in chapters that had heavily incestuous undertones on her part. Or that her reaction when Vereesa refused to live in undercity lead to a reaction that was so edgy that I'm still not sure if Golden did not maybe intended it to be humorous, because otherwise it would be sadly unintentionally the funniest moment in the entire novel.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-04-26 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Received Infration

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Being polemic doesn't makes you smart as long as you don't offer any valid counter-arguments, kiddo.
    There is no point in ever spending my time to offer a serious argument when all you can do is continue to make band references and then pull shit like this.

This doesn't changes the fact that she intended to kill Vereesa in chapters that had heavily incestuous undertones on her part. Or that her reaction when Vereesa refused to live in undercity lead to a reaction that was so edgy that I'm still not sure if Golden did not maybe intended it to be humorous, because otherwise it would be sadly unintentionally the funniest moment in the entire novel.
    To become so bothered by a character, that you have to start calling them lesbian or spouting band names?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    These threads are so trite and the premise so boring that I don't feel it's even worth the time to respond. So I'll just quote someone more intelligent than me who once gave the definitive and perfect answer for threads of this kind:

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    She's not "just" evil. She's not a black and white character. She's pragmatic to boot and cares very little about others than her self and her people, which is now the entire Horde, which could be interesting. She did not just kill Genn's son out of spite; they were at war not to mention that he takes the arrow instead of his father. Yes, she did disobey Garrosh, but only partly, since she was told to conquer Gilneas no matter what. In Legion, Genn is the one who instigates war with the Horde in Stormheim, not Sylvanas. No one from the Alliance even attempts to ask the Horde, why they ran away from the Broken Shore, they simply just assumed that they'd been betrayed and went apeshit instead of sending a single ambassador or diplomat or even envoy.

Sylvanas isn't kind, or good, obviously. But she isn't not just evil, if she was she wouldn't have saved the Horde at the Broken Shore, nor would she have helped Varian or anyone else during that battle. It's not black and white.... NEXT!
    Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

This thread should be renamed "Is anyone expecting Slyvanus​ to eventually do something." Because she hasn't done shit since her encounter with Genn. If she ever does anything, there is a 50% chance she does something evil like trying to enslave a sentient being and a 50% she does something stupid like trusting a dreadlord.

The fact that she's a villain is what makes her an interesting character. That's why she's likable. Without that facet, all that's left of her character is a brooding whiner. The attempts to whitewash her are boring as all shit.

Garrosh, by contrast, is just an all-around horrible character, who makes other characters around him horrible by association. At no point in his story was he ever interesting or engaging, and every instance of him in the lore only serves to bring down it's overall quality.

Vereesa really is awful. One of the most awful characters in the lore, but for the fact that her general uselessness also renders her completely irrelevant.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    These threads are so trite and the premise so boring that I don't feel it's even worth the time to respond. So I'll just quote someone more intelligent than me who once gave the definitive and perfect answer for threads of this kind:

Goodbye.
    Heh, thanks for the kind words.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann