Naga incursion world quests: hints at more naga content?

Disclaimer: I might've missed these before and they aren't new but maybe they are.

Today on NA realms I noticed what appears to be a new type of WQ: Naga Incursions. This one was for Highmountain. Their name strikes me as odd and the fact they seem to be new for 7.2. (Full name is Naga Incursion: Highmountain).The title caught me because it seemed to be in the same vein as the helrajar WQs which also were tied to a story.

Overall, I just find these odd as an addition and wonder if it means we'll get a bit more Naga story soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Getting ready to war with the land dwellers for when N'zoth breaks free.

Yeah, Nagas are coming. Azshara is still on the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already suspected the Naga are coming soon. At least to me much as I prefer a more explore Azeroth/chill type of expansion after Legion but I'll take Naga to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

huh, when you go to the area it's a naga that pops up in the dialogue box.

when i completed the quest it said "softskin fights well... retreat!"

not one mention of azshara while i was there. could this be another breakaway group? is azshara losing her hold over her people?

Afaik we have no clue why there are naga with the Legion outside of a Blizzard statement that there are different factions?
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Afaik we have no clue why there are naga with the Legion outside of a Blizzard statement that there are different factions?
    Pretty sure they're there on the behest of Azshara, well most of them anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Should be noted these naga are not Fel

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    huh, when you go to the area it's a naga that pops up in the dialogue box.

when i completed the quest it said "softskin fights well... retreat!"

not one mention of azshara while i was there. could this be another breakaway group? is azshara losing her hold over her people?
    You're assuming the others are legit breakaways and not doing as Azshara commands them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    You're assuming the others are legit breakaways and not doing as Azshara commands them.
    those on the broken shore seem to be breakaways at least, and there's those still loyal to the illidari.

but of course, it's only a possibility that i just didn't get any of the azshara related text while fighting. they did have a skrog, which tends to be in service to azshara when related to naga.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    If this is the case, it's even more evidence pointing towards a old gods/south seas expansion, with Naga as a playable race.

Not trying to jump the gun here, but there's very little evidence saying otherwise.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I do agree it's very likely an old God/naga themed xpac is next but what I'm hoping from these quests is it's a sign we may get more Naga right now.

I know there are naga in the Tomb of Sargeras raid but I don't believe there is anything to indicate they are any more than throw away characters with no pre existing lore just to fill raid slots and are not going to be of any consequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im actually ready for another chill MoP style expansion. Make up a continent and get creative. Take the best systems of Legion with lessons learned. Could be fantastic. Maybe even a south seas expansion with Undead vs worgen/light Naga/Pirates/Ogres/Goblins/trolls etc with the final patch being heavy Naga and old God leading into a full on Old god expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Azshara will make an appearance and move on N'Zoth's prison, which is supposed to be somewhere pretty close to the Tomb of Sargeras, if not deep beneath it. I could see her releasing N'Zoth and the two of them acting as an expansion enemy.

I still dont get how can Azshara pop in some regular quest chain, have Eye of Azshara dungeon and half a zone of nagas and STILL nothing Azshara related in raid format?