Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should they reduce the nethershards that relinquished gear cost?

Not complaining or anything But I've been farming netshards for straight up 2 hours and I still haven't got the nethershards for relinquished gear how long does it take to get em all?

"How long" is relative to the player's effort. If a player completes every World Quest tied to a zone invasion, and then does the follow-up quests (with the scenario), then you're looking at roughly 2,500 Nethershards. That's like half of the required amount alone. If you do "endless" Sentinax (or however it's spelled) farming, then you could easily have a couple pieces in a single day of farming.

All of this was played out in my head, and no material evidence can be placed here... except for the zone invasion numbers.

Update: I don't believe they should squash the amount required to purchase the Relinquished gear tokens. I think they're fine as they are.

Perhaps sometime after tomb is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not the cost, it's the RNG nature at which you acquire the shards.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather then reducing the amount of nethershards relinquished gear costs, I would instead prefer if they upped the amount of Nethershards you get from non-sentinax sources.

Oh, and have nethershards as a reward for pre-110 invasions too. Would be nice to go into 110 with a few 880s ready to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

My warrior doesn't have the quest for the chest yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been back to the game for two weeks now and my opinion on this is, the cost would be okay if they did something about how the invasions are set up. You can do your invasion dailies and then do your Broken Shore dailies and that's usually enough or near enough for one token. The problem I'm running into is the invasion times. Sure, they stay up for five hours, but it seems like they're frequently starting and ending in the middle of the night for me. There have been very few days I have actually been able to get an invasion done because of the schedules.

I wish they would do something like have an invasion up in a zone for say, 12 hours (or maybe even 24) but once you complete it on a character, the area goes back to normal for you. You can't see/do the next invasion until the following day. It's the time frame for the invasion quests that is the problem when it comes to gathering nethershards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Oh, and have nethershards as a reward for pre-110 invasions too. Would be nice to go into 110 with a few 880s ready to go.
    Counterproposal: They make the Dauntless tokens on the vendors BoA, but leave the tokens that drop from the world (Broken Shore) as Soulbound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's the time frame for the invasion quests that is the problem when it comes to gathering nethershards.
    The invasions are predictable, as Blizzard opened API requests for the event information. Thus, you can go here and plan Legion invasions into your schedule, up to 10 invasions at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    Counterproposal: They make the Dauntless tokens on the vendors BoA, but leave the tokens that drop from the world (Broken Shore) as Soulbound.

- - - Updated - - -

The invasions are predictable, as Blizzard opened API requests for the event information. Thus, you can go here and plan Legion invasions into your schedule, up to 10 invasions at a time.
    While useful, that still doesn't make it all that convenient.

For my Timezone, an invasion has just finished, during work hours I might add. For the future, I have 3 out of the next nine that I could possibly do, making arrangements for working and sleeping. A third participation does sound a little harsh.

If they dropped the cost they would need to drop the value of what you can get also. I have already picked up a handful of 910 to 915 items. Since it can be any epic in the game in that slot and give you a shot at a legendary you can fish for epics or legendary items you want. Mix in the titanforge/warforged chances and you would out gear mythic raids soon enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Not complaining or anything But I've been farming netshards for straight up 2 hours and I still haven't got the nethershards for relinquished gear how long does it take to get em all?
    No, and I've highlighted the reason why in your original post there. These are the tokens that are intended to allow us to target specific legendaries. Obtaining the shards necessary for each token should require more than just 2 hours work. Especially when you're obviously referring to farming shards via the portals from the ship on the Broken Shore, which are available 24 hours a day. That method of farming, combined with the price of each token, should be balanced to make farming via the portals require a significant amount of time.

That's because we have other methods available to us to obtain large amounts of shards fairly quickly. The random zone invasions will net you about 1200 shards for about 20 minutes work. Then there is the buff that increases shard drop rate from one of the buildings that we get periodically, and now we have a follower mission that awards 7500 shards.

Totaling all those sources together, you should be getting at minimum 3-4 tokens a week. And if you are specifically farming things like the portals, and during the times when we have the buff available, you'll be getting even more. That's way more than enough targeted chances at legendaries each week. Also take into account that the Legionfall Recompense that you get each time you turn in 100 resources has a high chance of rewarding a legendary. Not a targeted legendary, but a high chance at a legendary all the same. And you should easily be getting 10 or more of those each week too.

Deleted
    I think it should yes. All thise people who are like" Yeah but it only takes 2 hours of endless farming to buy 1 item, AND if you do the invasion that is 1/2 of an item in just an hour as well.

yeah. but i miss mostinvasions, I leave for my education at 6.05 and are home at 16.35. And then Assigments, homework, selfstudy and this hip thing called sleep. It aint practical to endless farm for hours to get RNG items.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    hese are the tokens that are intended to allow us to target specific legendaries
    Its cute that you think that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

well yah... you can target specific legendary, but i'm like at 25 ring buyed at 5k each and the damn leg ring never dropped until this day..

No, no and no.

While yes, it is a catchup mechanic, it's designed so people dont just get 880 min and faceroll existing content.

You can comfortably survive the Broken Shore from 850 and that's why there's dauntless.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    The problem is not the cost, it's the RNG nature at which you acquire the shards.
    agree on this point. there needs to be a more consistant grind instead of the rng fuckfest that it currently is.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its cute that you think that.
    It's cute that you think the proper response to someone making a valid point is to make a pointless condescending post. Plenty of people getting the legendaries they want via those tokens. Just because you haven't yet doesn't mean the system isn't working as intended. And no, it's not intended to be a 100% guaranteed way to target them either. I lucked out, I was targeting my BM shoulders via them, but they ended up dropping off Gul'dan. Either way I was happy.

Now I'm focusing on the belt. And 3 people in my guild alone got the specific legendaries they wanted via those tokens. If you're not going to contribute something valid, don't bother posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    agree on this point. there needs to be a more consistant grind instead of the rng fuckfest that it currently is.
    So, the portals from the ship that you can farm 24 hours a day, and the invasions that spawn about every 8 hours is not a consistent method of farming? There is no RNG involved at will with grinding the shards. It is a grind, but that's done on purpose because they specifically made them moderately difficult to obtain. You're not supposed to be able to go and farm 10,000 shards an hour, or even 5,000 an hour.

You're meant to come by them passively, do the invasions when they come up, get them from follower missions that become available, get a few from the Broken Shore while you're there doing WQs. And if you're getting close, say 4,000/5,000, then you pop over to the portals and farm them to a bit to cap them off, buy a token and move on. Then start acquiring them passively again.

But, again, the whole point is you are not supposed to be able to easily farm the shards, nor are the tokens supposed to be so cheap that the current methods for obtaining shards is enough to purchase large quantities of tokens. People need to get it out of their heads that just because items exist in the game it doesn't mean you are supposed to be allowed to mindlessly farm easy mobs for hours on end to obtain as many of those items as you want. Your access to the shards and the tokens is restricted on purpose. No different than loot eligibility on bosses.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-25 at 05:36 AM.

No. Wouldn't mind them being BoA eventually, but not cheaper.

The economy of baleful items, their boa empowerment tokens and apexis crystal costs in WoD was pretty solid. I'd like to see nethershard drops go way up. As of now, invasion wq's are just about the only viable source. They should greatly increase them on trash mobs on the shore and/or add NS rewards to all world quests on the shore too.

The relinquished gear is cool but def feels a bit overpriced

No they should not be "cheaper" to acquire. On another note, i do minimal myth+ now just to get my toons to +10, but i make sure i check armory to see if people are wearing "relinquished" and don't invite if they are. Returning players with no idea/unpolished skill.. but have the required ilvl are a sure way to ruin your keystone run.
    I don't believe Blizzard should let people skip content and fast track into latest raid content, if there are tons of players returning why cant they just do EN/ToV, is the last raid not good enough/fun enough for them? It really grinds my gears, and if the shoe was on the other foot and i had to take time off (which i have done before) i would not complain about having to do the previous raid or two to catchup. It's just cheeky of the players, and disrespectful of Blizzard to follow this current path.