Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Enh shammy in 7.2.5

How is shammy looking in 7.2.5? How u rate his set bonuses?

Enhancement shamans are going to be competing for the top spot in 7.2.5 as the worst melee spec in game and possibly the worst class. Set bonuses are garbage, making a clunky use of CL in ST and if it doesn't get changed a lot more enhance shammies are gonna reroll if they haven't done it already.

Deleted
    No one knows until they have finalized not only our new talents/passive but also our T20

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymonkey View Post
    Enhancement shamans are going to be competing for the top spot in 7.2.5 as the worst melee spec in game and possibly the worst class. Set bonuses are garbage, making a clunky use of CL in ST and if it doesn't get changed a lot more enhance shammies are gonna reroll if they haven't done it already.
    Yet my enh still sims higher than ele, even with int trinkets and enchants

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Yet my enh still sims higher than ele, even with int trinkets and enchants
    I dont think you have read this thread very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I dont think you have read this thread very well.
    I don't think you've understood my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you've understood my post.
    Ok. Ill bite.

What good are 7.2.5 sims and what bearing do they have on anything, when our spec is right now, nowhere near finalised and is right now missing large portions of very important data, hell, we dont even have a level 100 talent. How you drew comparisons to elemental boggles my mind.

Using sims at this point, you may as well just chuck shit up against the wall.

So my question is, what exactly did you sim?

---

As for the thread, right now we need to play the wait and see game. We have some large issues with Stormbringer generation which feeds into the T20/T19 issues.

This is the current WIP google doc for issues I believe https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MzCk46yMw/edit

Deleted
    I simmed nothing new. They didn't change anything aside making boulderfist baseline, lol. Tho landslide is in elemental LOL.

Besides, regardless how shitty the itemization will be or how clunky the spec is going to be. The damage is damage. New t20set is going to put enh on top dps charts (based on NH, didnt tried ToS).

I just got 925 pants w/ socket from gul'dan so I can't care less If I'll have to run t19 2set.
    Last edited by mmoc2de6819d9a; 2017-04-26 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I simmed nothing new. .
    Shouldve just ended your post there mate. No need to keep reading.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be very disappointed if they don't change the set bonuses, because they are truly crap.

Another PTR build is up with some fairly big changes.

While I think that changing tempest fundamentally was probably a good idea, I'm not 100 percent certain it'll be made up for by the baseline buff to core abilities. Also, this talent still seems like the natural choice because the other two still aren't that interesting or integrate well with the rotation.

That and they didn't touch Hailstorm or implement any other source of frost damage. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    Another PTR build is up with some fairly big changes.

While I think that changing tempest fundamentally was probably a good idea, I'm not 100 percent certain it'll be made up for by the baseline buff to core abilities. Also, this talent still seems like the natural choice because the other two still aren't that interesting or integrate well with the rotation.

That and they didn't touch Hailstorm or implement any other source of frost damage. Here's hoping.
    The changes to damage on abilities are litterally them baking in our 'aura' damage bonus into the abilities themself, and not actual damage increases.

Now what has actually changed is:

Tempest: +3% for MH attacks to proc Strombringer
    Ascendance: No more Maelstrom regen, -75% cost and CD of Stormstrike
    Boulderfist: -15% recharge rate to Boulderfist
    Landslide: Moved in place of old Boulderfist spot

Now personally, I never felt very 'resource' constrained in that I had to wait for a Boulderfist to come off CD to do something (maybe once a fight?), so I am not sure how much, if any impact that talent is actually going to have. However, simply getting access to new talents by virtue of Landslide no longer being the only go too talent will be a DPS increase, how much remains to be seen. We will probably end up using Earthen Spike if I had to make a guess.

The Tempest change is a straight downgrade as far as I am concerned. I sit between 9 and 10% chance for it to proc THREE stormstrikes as it is, getting Two ~30% more often doesn't seem like it will be DPS neutral. Its a shame it doesn't also affect Windfury. At the very least it should probably be a 5% increase.

Deleted
    I really would prefer it if they did away with landslide alltogether. It's so boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some good buffs coming for our Enhancers

10+ Year Old Account
    New Ascendance burst is gonna be insane. It's looking essentially like no CD stormstrike. Can't wait to stack with windsong, bloodlust, berserking, and doom winds.
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-04-26 at 11:09 PM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Looks like some good buffs coming for our Enhancers
    Just that... there isn't anything really good there. Ascendance change is the only really good thing currently speaking.
    Also, the core problem still isn't fixxed - being too tied to RNG.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Tempest change is bad.
    Ascendance is good. Too bad earthen spike may be better.
    Bumped damage modifiers are good, but minimal.

I dont think SS will proc consistently enough, even with tempest being defaulted to. This means the tier bonus is shit.
    Also, there is ZERO solidarity in stat preference. Mastery must be taken, haste synergizes and expands mastery effect, crit feeds the 4pc, 4pc needs the procs off mastery. The circle is complete, except youre balancing 3 stats which wont work unless at an appropriate threshold. Im starting to think with the legionfall trait, haste may be king. Depending on the results, crit may move up as well given some X mastery value.

Did you guys miss this part:
    Enhancement Shaman Increases damage/healing of Crash Lightning, Earthen Smash, Electric Skin, Flametongue, Flametongue Attack, Frozen Rune Weapon 2, Frozen Rune Weapon 3, Frozen Rune Weapon 4, Frozen Rune Weapon 5, Item - Shaman T18 Enhancement 4P Bonus, Lava Bolt, Lava Burst, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt (Delete me later - Sarah), Lightning Bolt Overload, Lightning Shield, Rockbiter, Spore Cloud, Stormstrike, Stormstrike Off-Hand, Unleash Fury, Windfury, Windfury Attack, Windsong, Windstrike, Windstrike Off-Hand by 21%. Shaman - Enhancement Spec. 4%. Shaman - Enhancement Spec.
    Didn't we just get nerfed hard?

Deleted
    Either I'm stupid and didn't realise we had 4 different frozen rune types or the "(Delete me later - Sarah)" thing shows that's is just scraps from a PTR build that isn't indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Did you guys miss this part:

Didn't we just get nerfed hard?
    Aura changes were rolled in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Tempest change is bad.
    Ascendance is good. Too bad earthen spike may be better.
    Bumped damage modifiers are good, but minimal.

I dont think SS will proc consistently enough, even with tempest being defaulted to. This means the tier bonus is shit.
    Also, there is ZERO solidarity in stat preference. Mastery must be taken, haste synergizes and expands mastery effect, crit feeds the 4pc, 4pc needs the procs off mastery. The circle is complete, except youre balancing 3 stats which wont work unless at an appropriate threshold. Im starting to think with the legionfall trait, haste may be king. Depending on the results, crit may move up as well given some X mastery value.
    ES will remain poor. Ascendance change doesn't fix everything wrong with it, it will still suffer from some RNG, but a step in the right direction. Tempest change if they up the numbers could be fine, but it doesn't stop it being the easiest, most simple solution without addressing the core issues. There's also no reason to indicate that Legionfall trait will value Haste any more than you would without it. Stat threshholds still aren't a thing for us either, things are so variable that it will still literally be a case of stack the best stat ad infinitum based on weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    New Ascendance burst is gonna be insane. It's looking essentially like no CD stormstrike. Can't wait to stack with windsong, bloodlust, berserking, and doom winds.
    Stormstrike will have a 2.66~ GCD cooldown, meaning SS -> Fill -> Fill -> SS, which is still somewhat awkward. Getting SB procs is still far more important than not, so it doesn't really fix what is wrong with it, but it mitigates it a little.