Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    stiches, and npc used for one fucking quest
    While that's true, it is one of the coolest and most well known quests in the games history. Pretty much anyone who ever leveled an alliance character (or even travelled through duskwood) knows who stitches is.

could stiches not have been patchwerk?
    Probably but as Patchwerk is a less recognizable/known NPC it would have been a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    For the EU, it comes up on the 26th, so tomorrow.
    Booooooooooooo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    While that's true, it is one of the coolest and most well known quests in the games history. Pretty much anyone who ever leveled an alliance character (or even travelled through duskwood) knows who stitches is.

Probably but as Patchwerk is a less recognizable/known NPC it would have been a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Booooooooooooo!
    patchwerk is less known? The name for a whole boss type, so well known his name is used for other games for examples of how a boss works
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    patchwerk is less known?
    Yes, believe it or not many many many more players have encountered Stitches than Patchwerk, hence why so many players refer to that mob type as a "stitches" and not an abomination. While Patchwerk's encounter design may have coined the phrase "Patchwerk fight/boss", that makes him more infamous than famous, and less recognisable/known.

Didn't see a post or link to it yet, here's the summary of the Q&A that happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...rm_qa_summary/

Yes, believe it or not many many many more players have encountered Stitches than Patchwerk, hence why so many players refer to that mob type as a "stitches" and not an abomination. While Patchwerk's encounter design may have coined the phrase "Patchwerk fight/boss", that makes him more infamous than famous, and less recognisable/known.
    Sounds fake, but okay. Stitches is a mob that only half of the player base has ever seen; if you're Horde he doesn't exist for any real purposes. EVERYONE knows about Patchwerk, and how Kel'thuzad make him the Avatar of War.

Putress, on the other hand... "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?" is one of the most iconic lines in all of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Didn't see a post or link to it yet, here's the summary of the Q&A that happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...rm_qa_summary/
    Oh cool... From less annoying support to even more annoying support to deal with rework Morales is going? ;/

Will link to that too in the summary I'm writing up.

Still looking for questions and other suggestions. Gotta get all the angles covered.

Todays the day! Lets have some fun everyone! Heres hoping to great fun today and lots of booty!

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope i reach 400, i am at 372

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    Todays the day! Lets have some fun everyone! Heres hoping to great fun today and lots of booty!
    *Tomorrow..

You big meanie!

7+ Year Old Account
    actually yeah i just realised

your saying more people did the sticehs quest (only alliance could do it, and not every alliance player did it) then the amount of people who did naxxramas vanilla or wotlk (open to both factions, one of the first bosses in the wrath version, the intro raid to the expansion)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVTP View Post
    *Tomorrow..

You big meanie!
    #EUGetsRekt

Quote Originally Posted by CVTP View Post
    *Tomorrow..

You big meanie!
    Sometimes its good to be in the US

Do we have exact release hours or is it going to be Blizzards usual sneak attack?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do we have exact release hours or is it going to be Blizzards usual sneak attack?
    Noon today Pacific time for US, 0800 CEST tomorrow morning for EU. I'll have a more comprehensive thing up in an hour or two. Writing this stuff takes a little while.

actually yeah i just realised

your saying more people did the sticehs quest (only alliance could do it, and not every alliance player did it) then the amount of people who did naxxramas vanilla or wotlk (open to both factions, one of the first bosses in the wrath version, the intro raid to the expansion)

- - - Updated - - -

#EUGetsRekt
    Yeah, I killed Patchwerk before I was even aware there WAS a Stitches in WoW. Also, I...never see players refer to that mob type as a "stitches", usually it's just, well, abominations.

i hope i reach 400, i am at 372
    Is that from calculations or checking the profile on live? The profile on live counts the first level of all heroes as well, which doesn't count for extra chests in 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, I killed Patchwerk before I was even aware there WAS a Stitches in WoW. Also, I...never see players refer to that mob type as a "stitches", usually it's just, well, abominations.
    I think its more that stiches got (in)famous as terror of low level zone killing everything that moved. Add much bigger spread of lvls in the zone and the fact that back then elite mobs really weren't meant to be soloed...combined with darkshire being pretty climatic.

On the other hand patchwerk is just a boss. Most of his "fame" comes down to being one of the most basic DPS checks in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Is that from calculations or checking the profile on live? The profile on live counts the first level of all heroes as well which doesn't count in 2.0
    yeah i heard : / im 372 on live right now, but from what i heard is you wont be lowered, if it does then im fucked...

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Illidan CAN'T be like combat rouge beacuase he is Demon Hunter not rogue.
    Lol, read closer next time. He said LILLIAN, not Illidan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think its more that stiches got (in)famous as terror of low level zone killing everything that moved. Add much bigger spread of lvls in the zone and the fact that back then elite mobs really weren't meant to be soloed...combined with darkshire being pretty climatic.

On the other hand patchwerk is just a boss. Most of his "fame" comes down to being one of the most basic DPS checks in game.
    still it all came from "there is no well known undead chars in the game other then sylvanas" and i mentioned
    vincent godfrye, the guy who rather kill himself then accept worgens, then murdered sylvanas and took over shadowfang keep, with undead and dual pistols empowered with shadow

aswell as the black knight who is a super awesome charecter all based on a joke from monty python :P

and putress, everyone fucking knows the wrathgate cinematic, allthough yes he is much more minor...

and lastly lilian voss

and he said they all were just side charecters who no one knew about, other then lillian who might overlap with other heros