Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a general state sure, but those men who claim to be "victimized" ie, "friendzoned" as if it's some horrible affliction girls can cast on boys are reaching to say the least.

Deleted
    Befriend a girl, fall in love with her, she have zero interest in you beyond just being friends. Which is the friend zone it's a corner you walk into yourself, i can't quite see how anyone could walk into that corner again but apparently it happens. Usually it's young men with little to no interaction with girls and it's their first social experience with em!

Best option is just ending the friendship and move on with life, if a person keeps walking into it and just blames it on the friend zone they might do good to look at themselves a bit closer. It's actually really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    Friend zone is a real thing, it's when someone who is your friend acts like you have a chance when in reality you don't. People in the friend zone should just give up the hope and find someone else, but no reason to lose the friendship over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Or a blue eyed blonde who wanted to mix it up to start sophomore year. Now, he'll never know.

Friend zone is definitely a thing. Absolutely. You just have to learn to recognize it and accept it, and move on (keep her as a friend, but move the fuck on).
    I disagree. There needs to be self awareness of the situation and to have the realization that most people who attempt to stay friends with someone whom they have a romantic interest in yet it is a one way street are only setting up for disappointment since too many people will stay on the miracle the stars align and my fedora tipping techniques will woo m'lady.

Reality check this almost never happens. So unless you want to sit there and enjoy cuck-lite in which you attempt to be friends with this person and watch them be happy where you feel like you cannot be happy without being intimate with this person, do yourself a favor and distance yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People overuse the term.

The friendzone is when you confess your feelings, get rejected but still continue to keep in touch with the person despite them clearly saying they do not hold the same interest while pretending "everything is okay" or "she will eventually she the light" mentality.

Its not "having a crush and not confessing" or "not getting pussy", everyone just uses the term too widely.

Liking someone and not confessing isnt "friendzone".

Fucking someone but not dating is obviously fuck buddy zone etc.

And it obviously goes for both genders.
    You say people overuse the term but then you use the suffix "zone" to describe fuck buddies.

I mean, if I'm waiting for the bus, am I in the bus zone? Sitting at work, am I in the working zone?

What is this zone and how does it suddenly encompass everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    It isn't. It's an excuse for not being able to get pussy. Instead of admitting you fail to get pussy because you suck ass, and do something about it, you misdirect that to the pussy owners, and blame them for your failure.
    It is a real thing but its more complex than that.

You are correct though, many guys friend-zone themselves and deserve to be there because they tend to white knight their prey, being the emotional dumpster for the chicks problems with her actual crush. You play second-fiddle and get all the crap while Captain Fantastic shits on her because girls are already insecure as all hell, his confidence levels are apparent and that intimidates and ultimately fascinates her.

See, the white-knights/future neckbeards arent innocent at all, they are in it for the pussy too, except they are willing to sacrifice their dignity in order to get it. They want to "be there" for her like she cant handle her own problems. They cant see how much damage they are doing to themselves.

As for the women: some know they are doing it, and get off on the attention and flirt to keep you coming around, it can be cruel and unfair to the white-knight/future neckbeard. Others seriously dont know what they are doing, effectively damning yet another poor sap into the dreaded legion of friendzoners: Men whos virility has been all but been completely removed from them, have become jaded and angry because of their own failures and blame the women.

The reality is both sexes are culpable of this tragedy. There will always be an alpha, the beta (woman) until she emotionally matures to the point where she can realize how strong she really is and topples the alpha completely, and the miserable wretch of a white-knight/future kneck-beard that literally eats up shit off the ground the alpha left for him to eat.

In the end, the woman wins in all scenarios, they always do, and we love them for it. :P
    Last edited by Satelliteyears0o; 2017-04-25 at 02:02 PM.

How do you define friendzone?

At least in my country the person who is friendzoning knows you like him/her/apache and abuses that fact to extract favors from you, even though he/she/apache has zero interest in you or repaying those favors.

Yes it does exist and it I believe is both parts fault. The person being friendzoned should know better (it is mostly someone who doesn't have the best social skills) and the person friendzoning should not abuse others and specially shouldn't excuse it as friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People overuse the term.

The friendzone is when you confess your feelings, get rejected but still continue to keep in touch with the person despite them clearly saying they do not hold the same interest while pretending "everything is okay" or "she will eventually she the light" mentality.

Its not "having a crush and not confessing" or "not getting pussy", everyone just uses the term too widely.

Liking someone and not confessing isnt "friendzone".

Fucking someone but not dating is obviously fuck buddy zone etc.

And it obviously goes for both genders.
    Thank you. This is exactly how I see it. I can confirm this exists because it was mostly like that with me and a girl in my youth.
    I am astonished by some stuff people say here but I guess they have different definitions of the term.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I kindly refuse any friendship from any women, works very well

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    As a general state sure, but those men who claim to be "victimized" ie, "friendzoned" as if it's some horrible affliction girls can cast on boys are reaching to say the least.
    It works on both sexes, so don't be sexist, and if you are in anyway leading someone on that they have a chance when they don't then yes you're a manipulator.

For people who claim to be a victim of friend zone when their friend has never lead them on, then yes those people are sad. I have had female friends who I enjoyed their company but had 0 interest in a relationship with them, I never once made a move on them or lead them on and sometimes I would lose them when I would find a new girlfriend because they felt betrayed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Not really. If you're interested in one particular gender, befriend someone of that gender, yet they don't reciprocate your feelings, you've been friend zoned. The only way that changes is if you give up that person as a friend.
    If you make friends with someone while having an ulterior motive (sex), 9 times out of 10, your going to be disappointed.

If you find someone attractive, start by flirting with them straight away, if they don't find you attractive back, move on.

This whole "friendzone" thing comes because people assume women have this magical ability to tell when a guy is into her or not, same for men friendzoning women, the issue is communication, the majority of people aren't very good at it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a real thing, of course. The problem is that people have no idea how to deal with it and move on, they prefer to complain about it.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Yes, it's real. If Person A is interested in Person B romantically, but Person B isn't interested in a romantic relationship with Person A, Person A is in the friend zone.
    That would never ever happen if both people are not in a relationship and person A does not suck ass. All those friend bullshit zone happen because lousy fucks want to be "in a relationship" with someone that's beyond their level or they are already interested in person C, which seems to be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    You say people overuse the term but then you use the suffix "zone" to describe fuck buddies.

I mean, if I'm waiting for the bus, am I in the bus zone? Sitting at work, am I in the working zone?

What is this zone and how does it suddenly encompass everything?
    Yes zone.

Its that girl you know gives good head, but also gives good head to 20 other dudes.

Its that guy (for females) that fucks them as they want, but also fucks 5 other chicks at the same time, while working bartender (example), aka unstrustworthy etc, on the eyes of the person.

Fuckbuddy zone exists must more than the friendzone, the friendzone is self-inflicted, the fuckbuddy zone usually means "I accept your sexual skills but man i would not date you for reasons".

It exists.

Next stupid MMO-C question?

It depends on what you consider "real."

To me, the "friend zone" is a series of signals a girl sends you to let you know that she is not interested.

It saves her the trouble of having that awkward moment when you try to make a move and she has to reject you.

Not every girl will be interested in you. Just as you have a "type" of girl you like, they have a "type" as well. If you are not the right "type," she will send you the signals to let you know.

Guys do the same thing though. We have our signals we give to let you know we are not interested as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Hey look, another virgin blaming the women. Please go record a nasty video and shoot 10 random people, cause they deserve it
    Man...you really haven't read a single post of mine in this thread. Or you have and you live in a delusion infused universe. Either way, you'd be good study material for the lab.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Friendzone stops existing the moment you stop viewing women as different from men.
    Men and women are biologically programmed to be in search of one another for the task of reproduction, that doesn't mean there aren't outliers. It doesn't mean you can't be just friends, you can be friends. It's a friendship that is harder to achieve, however, because of the biological processes that exist between men and women. It requires both sides to be able to agree on the level of relationship you will have, friends vs lovers. The friend-zone is a description of the situation where the sides don't agree on that relationship level, typically where they are not aware of this disagreement, or simply where the side choosing to be in a friend-only relationship doesn't clarify well enough, or the side choosing to pursue further relations doesn't accept the friend-only sides decision...

tl;dr: yes, it's real and it's very easily understandable... unless you've thrown out biological sexes when you bought into all this gender-bending sliding scale garb
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-04-25 at 02:11 PM.

its real only because you accept it as a real thing

its not a real thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Men and women are biologically programmed to be in search of one another for the task of reproduction, that doesn't mean there aren't outliers. It doesn't mean you can't be just friends, you can be friends. It's a friendship that is harder to achieve, however, because of the biological processes that exist between men and women. It requires both sides to be able to agree on the level of relationship you will have, friends vs lovers. The friend-zone is a description of the situation where the sides don't agree on that relationship level, typically where they are not aware of this disagreement, or simply where the side choosing to be in a friend-only relationship doesn't clarify well enough, or the side choosing to pursue further relations doesn't accept the friend-only sides decision...

tl;dr: yes, it's real and it's very easily understandable.
    Precisely my point. Communication is the issue. If men didn't view women as some different species (and vice versa), communication would be easier therefore removing the "Friend Zone".