Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

deputy crashes second cruiser in 4 years

WAYNESBORO - A deputy for the Augusta County Sheriff's Office wrecked a cruiser early Monday morning, his second serious crash in less than four years.

Deputy Joseph W. Sholes, 29, lost control of the cruiser, a 2013 Ford Taurus, at 4 a.m., slamming it into a utility pole in the 2300 block of West Main Street in Waynesboro, according to the Waynesboro Police Department.

Capt. Kelly Walker said road conditions were slick at the time of the crash. "It was rainy, a heavy rain," he said.
    http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...ime/306087001/

so this happened close to me and as a truck driver i cannot possibly fathom how people even wreck while driving in a straight line with a car that has maybe 360-400 hp tops and is an automatic FWD vehicle.

How do you feel about having to pay for this, knowing a regular citizen would be in much more trouble right now after demonstrating they are incapable of operating a vehicle in a straight line? I mean shit, someone else wrecked in the same day but they got fuckin t-boned because they were teenagers in a hatchback mustang gt that cut some old people off and thought they were from the fast and the furious and didn't have much experience driving in the rain.

Nobody else wrecked solely because of inclement weather conditions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't they have on-board computers? Should be able to see if he was driving recklessly.

Cops should face the same consequences as everyone else for breaking the law.

2 Accidents in 4 years isn't unheard of. It may not be his fault. That said it should be investigated. Because if you have another incompetent fucker as a cop, yes ANOTHER one, then fuck him and fuck that city for hiring him.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

2013 ford taurus isn't very intimidating. They need to upgrade to the SUVs or the Barricades.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This has to be the weakest cop bashing thread I've ever seen.

Delete and try again. Maybe something with more bite to it. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...ime/306087001/

so this happened close to me and as a truck driver i cannot possibly fathom how people even wreck while driving in a straight line with a car that has maybe 360-400 hp tops and is an automatic FWD vehicle.
    Another argument for self-driving cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/04/...-in-dwi-crash/

I feel situations like this deserve more scrutiny, as described, rain can cause issues with cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

You literally appear in two types of threads

10+ Year Old Account
    WAYNESBORO - A deputy for the Augusta County Sheriff's Office wrecked a cruiser early Monday morning, his second serious crash in less than four years.

Deputy Joseph W. Sholes, 29, lost control of the cruiser, a 2013 Ford Taurus, at 4 a.m., slamming it into a utility pole in the 2300 block of West Main Street in Waynesboro, according to the Waynesboro Police Department.

Capt. Kelly Walker said road conditions were slick at the time of the crash. "It was rainy, a heavy rain," he said.
    There's his problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    2013 ford taurus isn't very intimidating. They need to upgrade to the SUVs or the Barricades.
    in their defense the Taurus cruisers, at least around here are the SHO's. twin turbo AWD. and they are no slugs.

2 accidents in 4 years, while doing a job that involves a ton of driving through moving traffic, often at high speeds, isn't really that big a deal tbh...

Why is this news?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's so much worse than that. The car only has 300hp and is AWD...
    365, and sure that's not a ton. but considering 5.0 mustangs are rolling off the line at 435 there isn't a huge gap there between a sedan and a sports car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    2 accidents in 4 years, while doing a job that involves a ton of driving through moving traffic, often at high speeds, isn't really that big a deal tbh...
    Yea I was about to say the same. Considering what kind of mileage they drive and what kind of situations they can be in 2 accidents is not tthat bad. Keep in mind that not getting into an accident is both skill and luck. And some people get really unlucky without them doing anything wrong.

The dude broke both of his legs and had several other injuries in his first accident. I have a hard time believing that he does speed for fun after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Unless it's shown that he was driving recklessly, I have no reason to believe he was. It says "road conditions were slick at the time of the crash", with the deputy adding in that "It was rainy, a heavy rain". Him driving in a straight line and others not getting in an accident, doesn't mean that what happened to him was caused by careless driving. There's so many things that could have caused it, none of which could have been his fault.

Hydoplaning is a thing... and it can happen when you travel in a straight line.
    hydroplaning is a thing when you don't know how to drive cautiously in inclement weather and think slamming on the brakes is how you stop your car from doing it

i hydroplaned once. almost ended up in a utility pole too. it was because i was driving too fast in inclement weather and tried to take a turn too hard while i was being tailgated. instead of sliding into a guard rail i was able to adjust the steering and run it into a mound of dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    i drive trucks almost every day. i drive in every kind of shit weather there is. you don't see me wrecking. i can't afford to wreck one of these fuckin trucks. that's my job, that's my livelihood, without it i'm making shit for nothing. i have no job.

the closest i've ever come to wrecking a truck in the last 10 years was when some dumbass college kid in their poop corolla cut me off at a traffic light in heavy rain.... i was just easing into it then out of nowhere this car comes out from behind me and cuts me off no more than a few feet away from the light. he is lucky i didn't end up 10 feet in his ass.

It's so much worse than that. The car only has 300hp and is AWD...
    rip

someone please come and take this mans license away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    The dude broke both of his legs and had several other injuries in his first accident. I have a hard time believing that he does speed for fun after that.
    he clearly has no idea how to drive

Very very weak indeed, considering how much time police spend in their cars.
    Plus, in this particular case, we have no where near all the information to argue a case for or against the officer. Was he going to a scene? Was it icy? What were the tire conditions on the car? He was avoiding deer.
    Just simply not enough information at all to make a judgement one way or the other.
    We don't know if he was cited for failure to control speed or not. He may have been. The article doesn't say.

The other incident is very vague as well. Simply stirring the pot.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-25 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

You literally appear in two types of threads
    To be fair, I never seen @TITAN308 figuratively appear in any threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    To be fair, I never seen @TITAN308 figuratively appear in any threads.
    He will post in only two thread types. He seems to always know when they are posted

Holy shit a cop lost control over a 400hp car on a rainy day.

He must be the worst trash in human history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hydroplaning isn't something that happens merely because of careless driving in bad weather conditions.
    How do I Avoid Hydroplaning?

The following are important tips to avoid hydroplaning:

1. Keep your tires properly inflated
    2. Rotate and replace tires when necessary
    3. Slow down when roads are wet: the faster you drive, the harder it is for your tires to scatter the water
    4. Stay away from puddles and standing water
    5. Avoid driving in outer lanes where water tends to accumulate
    6. Try to drive in the tire tracks left by the cars in front of you
    7. Turn off cruise control
    8. Drive in a lower gear
    9. Avoid hard braking
    10. Try not to make sharp or quick turns
    follow these rules and i promise you that you will never have to use "i hydroplaned" as an excuse for wrecking a vehicle.

The other incident is very vague as well. Simply stirring the pot.
    i wonder how vague it would have been if it'd happened to me

automatic reckless driving charge easy lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Holy shit a cop lost control over a 400hp car on a rainy day.

He must be the worst trash in human history.
    i don't think taxpayers should have to pay for another cruiser this officer has proven he can't drive

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i don't think taxpayers should have to pay for another cruiser this officer has proven he can't drive
    I don't give a shit. I think they should. It kept the officer safe, accidents happen, I'm glad he survived. Good bye.