Thread: RIP Hayven

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    It's crazy to see some youtubers already trying to bait his subscribers over to their own channels by putting his name in their videos, like "RIP Hayven - Dedication" or something... when the video has existed for months, and they've just updated the title to add a bit more draw.

I suppose some people could legitimately just want to dedicate a video to him, though. I don't know, I guess I sometimes just automatically assume the worst of people. Maybe I should work on that.

Anyways -- I'd never heard of him, but took a few minutes to watch some of his videos. He was very talented, had a great voice for the content, and must have really loved what he did to continue doing it through that illness. I would have never guessed he was sick while listening, he always sounded very "full" and very confident. It's always sad to lose somebody that's so young, with so much potential.
    the worst thing is his most recent videos was 11 days before his passing...
    to go from sounding so well, to dead in 11 days, i only ever spoke to the guy once, but holy shit did i feel cold inside for a good hour, and still feel sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the worst thing is his most recent videos was 11 days before his passing...
    to go from sounding so well, to dead in 11 days, i only ever spoke to the guy once, but holy shit did i feel cold inside for a good hour, and still feel sad...
    Yeah, it's always crazy when that happens. I had a friend that died of an overdose, and I had spoken to him the day it happened. He'd even asked if I could hang out, and I either couldn't or didn't want to at the time. Imagine how fucking horrible I felt when I found out he'd been found dead in the road, having overdosed at some drug house and they just tossed him into the street rather than deal with it; he would have lived if they'd taken him to a hospital, too.

Knowing I'd spoken to him the day before, the same day it happened, was bad enough. Knowing that if I'd gone to hang out with him he'd probably never have been at that house sucked a lot worse. A *lot* worse. I mean, I'm able to understand the fact that it wasn't my fault, I don't blame myself in any way, but it's still shitty when you realize how connected the tiny decisions we make can be to the grand scheme of things; it's like when you spend five minutes looking for your car keys, and then you get hit by somebody running a red light on the highway. If you'd known where your keys were you would have left five minutes earlier, passed that light five minutes earlier, and it never would have happened. It's futile to think about these things as there's always something leading to something, but when it comes to somebody literally DYING it's shitty when you think about how dramatic a state change it is; I mean he was filming a videogame youtube video just over a week ago, something totally normal, and now he just does not exist.

I'm exhausted and haven't slept in like 18 hours, as is becoming the case with me EVERY single day now, so I'm beginning to ramble again and the existentialism is going to start pouring out of me if I don't stop; you guys get my point, it's just really easy to get lost in the thought process of "here today, gone tomorrow".

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's always crazy when that happens. I had a friend that died of an overdose, and I had spoken to him the day it happened. He'd even asked if I could hang out, and I either couldn't or didn't want to at the time. Imagine how fucking horrible I felt when I found out he'd been found dead in the road, having overdosed at some drug house and they just tossed him into the street rather than deal with it; he would have lived if they'd taken him to a hospital, too.

Knowing I'd spoken to him the day before, the same day it happened, was bad enough. Knowing that if I'd gone to hang out with him he'd probably never have been at that house sucked a lot worse. A *lot* worse. I mean, I'm able to understand the fact that it wasn't my fault, I don't blame myself in any way, but it's still shitty when you realize how connected the tiny decisions we make can be to the grand scheme of things; it's like when you spend five minutes looking for your car keys, and then you get hit by somebody running a red light on the highway. If you'd known where your keys were you would have left five minutes earlier, passed that light five minutes earlier, and it never would have happened. It's futile to think about these things as there's always something leading to something, but when it comes to somebody literally DYING it's shitty when you think about how dramatic a state change it is; I mean he was filming a videogame youtube video just over a week ago, something totally normal, and now he just does not exist.

I'm exhausted and haven't slept in like 18 hours, as is becoming the case with me EVERY single day now, so I'm beginning to ramble again and the existentialism is going to start pouring out of me if I don't stop; you guys get my point, it's just really easy to get lost in the thought process of "here today, gone tomorrow".
    thats fine, you should really try to get some rest man. But yeah mortality is something i learned way too early as a kid and it is quite the kickstart when you realize "oh yeah every second i am alive i am getting more and more likely to die"
    btw idk if you are a mod on this section of the thread, but if so can you deal with the edgelord trying to act cool?

10+ Year Old Account

Not be callous but as someone whose gone through several deaths of close friends; you have to get over it. That's kinda it.. get over it - you're still around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Not be callous but as someone whose gone through several deaths of close friends; you have to get over it. That's kinda it.. get over it - you're still around.
    hey gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Oh, I agree completely. I am, it's not something I'm still dealing with or anything, I just went off on a bit of a tangent when typing it.

- - - Updated - - -

thats fine, you should really try to get some rest man. But yeah mortality is something i learned way too early as a kid and it is quite the kickstart when you realize "oh yeah every second i am alive i am getting more and more likely to die"
    btw idk if you are a mod on this section of the thread, but if so can you deal with the edgelord trying to act cool?
    I'm not but if you report the post I can poke and try to remind somebody to look into it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I agree completely. I am, it's not something I'm still dealing with or anything, I just went off on a bit of a tangent when typing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not but if you report the post I can poke and try to remind somebody to look into it.
    allready sent to nerraw who poked somone, but hey its not as bad as the guy who made a thread saying "Hayven died because he wasent vegan, he would still be alive if he was" http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post45493430

for people like him i wish the site still did perma bans, and ip bans

allready sent to nerraw who poked somone, but hey its not as bad as the guy who made a thread saying "Hayven died because he wasent vegan, he would still be alive if he was" http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post45493430

for people like him i wish the site still did perma bans, and ip bans
    I know you know this but just for reference and for others, any time something like that happens reporting the post is the best thing to do, the General Discussion mods are really good at what they do.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-04-25 at 02:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    We popped that one into our "poke", too. Again, and I know you know this but just for reference and for others, any time something like that happens reporting the post is the best thing to do, we get to those reports for our forums as quickly as possible and the General Discussion mods are really good at what they do.
    yeah, i reported, but no speed can be fast enough >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Does it really matter if you care or not?
    You don't have to be disrespectful for it!
    Don't acknowledge the filth. "Triggered" responses is all they're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I had no idea who he was but now I do. RIP

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He sure seemed to be a fantastic individual and as someone who's always been fascinated with digital design his addition to the wow community will be sorely missed.

Wherever you are good buddy, I hope you can now view the world we live in in the same way you could view WoW's...

Krotos

Deleted
    Really sad to hear about this loss.
    He was an amazing content creator for warcraft scene and he took the design work and content to a whole new level showing new perspectives on the game...
    I just can't believe he's gone, i just cannot accept it, that at so young age someone has to go trough such a tough battle against cancer... :,(
    May your soul find peace in the light, rest well Hayven...

10+ Year Old Account
    I never knew him or his channel, but fuck, 26 years old.... no one should be taken that young, and it's sad because cancer is very hereditary in my family and have had both my great aunt and my great uncle die within the space of a year from the disease, while you can prepare for something like that, you can never prepare when it comes and takes you that early and so suddenly.

I have subscribed to Heyvens Channel as I have learned all revenue will go to cancer research, and will be watching his content over the week. Or probably longer considering how much there is.

RIP.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-04-25 at 11:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Unfortunately this won't happen as Blizzard does not like to promote YouTube channels that show content that is off limits and against Tc's and C's to visit (like using third party software to view game maps and areas of the game that are off limits to players) whether they are dead or alive. This is something Hayven regularly did in his videos.

I however think Blizzard should overlook their morals for once and give this guy what he deserves.

Deleted
    RIP. Never seen his videos till today, and it has been truely heart destroying to see his "cancer update videos" followed by his final tribute video. He seemed like a kind enthusiastic guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Unfortunately this won't happen as Blizzard does not like to promote YouTube channels that show content that is off limits and against Tc's and C's to visit (like using third party software to view game maps and areas of the game that are off limits to players) whether they are dead or alive. This is something Hayven regularly did in his videos.

I however think Blizzard should overlook their morals for once and give this guy what he deserves.
    I really hope they do. But it seems from several people that work for blizzard on twitter, that they are 100% aware, and liked tweets with the link to the petition. So we can only hope that they overlook their moral of ToS for someone who has been a big part of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized something the other day. I combed through Hayven's videos to see the oldest ones and something nudged my memory. Turned out that I had actually seen his vid on the WoW alpha models before when it was still sorta recent.

I don't know how I forgot that, but I'm glad I rediscovered him last year.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Such a shame that someone so young and someone who seemed like such a nice person would pass away to a horrible thing like cancer.

I loved his videos and sub to his channel way back when he only around 8K subs

RIP Fredrick

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    It's on the main page who he was. You came here to troll.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    So much lack of self-awareness. You already know who the loser is, and who will be remembered the longest (and by many).

ot: Spirits be with ya Hayven! You showed me new things about the game I'd never find elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Wow....

Gotta be such an edgelord?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Does it really matter if you care or not?
    You don't have to be disrespectful for it!
    My God, C'thulu, has commanded me not to make anymore responses to this thread. I would explain further, but...

Yes, C'thulu

/fades back into the shadows
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-05-09 at 08:47 AM.