Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    follow these rules and i promise you that you will never have to use "i hydroplaned" as an excuse for wrecking a vehicle.

i wonder how vague it would have been if it'd happened to me

automatic reckless driving charge easy lol

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think taxpayers should have to pay for another cruiser this officer has proven he can't drive
    If you fire every soldier, police officer, fireman etc. that destroyed equipment accitdentally.........prepared for a lot of unemployed people.

Check google image for many fails with tanks, planes etc. and those damages dwarf 2 cruisers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't give a shit. I think they should. It kept the officer safe, accidents happen, I'm glad he survived. Good bye.
    as a european your opinion on this topic is completely worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    If you fire every soldier, police officer, fireman etc. that destroyed equipment accitdentally
    i really don't remember saying anything like he should be fired. i just said that he's an idiot who clearly doesn't know how to drive and that he should face the same punishments as a regular citizen.

http://www.newsleader.com/story/news...ime/306087001/

so this happened close to me and as a truck driver i cannot possibly fathom how people even wreck while driving in a straight line with a car that has maybe 360-400 hp tops and is an automatic FWD vehicle.

How do you feel about having to pay for this, knowing a regular citizen would be in much more trouble right now after demonstrating they are incapable of operating a vehicle in a straight line? I mean shit, someone else wrecked in the same day but they got fuckin t-boned because they were teenagers in a hatchback mustang gt that cut some old people off and thought they were from the fast and the furious and didn't have much experience driving in the rain.

Nobody else wrecked solely because of inclement weather conditions.
    This first one obviously wasn't his fault, the second one,shit happens, I have bigger things to worry about than some cop, who I don't even pay taxes in the county he serves, driving habits. This is pretty much what we call a non story.

as a european your opinion on this topic is completely worthless
    You were made by us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You were made by us

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This first one obviously wasn't his fault, the second one,shit happens
    lol the cause of the first wreck was "unknown". if you ask me, that just says "we really really really REALLY don't wanna tell ya"

No worries, self driving cars are a thing already. Very soon no one will be driving and no more accidents

so this happened close to me and as a truck driver i cannot possibly fathom how people even wreck while driving in a straight line with a car that has maybe 360-400 hp tops and is an automatic FWD vehicle.

How do you feel about having to pay for this, knowing a regular citizen would be in much more trouble right now after demonstrating they are incapable of operating a vehicle in a straight line? I mean shit, someone else wrecked in the same day but they got fuckin t-boned because they were teenagers in a hatchback mustang gt that cut some old people off and thought they were from the fast and the furious and didn't have much experience driving in the rain.

I agree he should be more cautious but I'm curious what kind of trouble you think a private citizen would get into for getting into a vehicle collision (accident). Assuming he has a license, didn't flee and wasn't drunk (neither claimed here), a private citizen wouldn't get into any more trouble than the deductible on his insurance. It kinda sucks that the taxpayers have to foot the bill, but its the cost of doing business where driving is one of your employees responsibilities. Even Uber covers their drivers while they serving customers. Unless the officer is all around crap, which also isn't claimed in this article, the cost of training a cop and then letting him go and hiring and training a replacement is probably much more expensive than the cost of fixing a cruiser.

some freedom gif or smth
    Then he's free to crash all the cars in the world.

-Sniping the meme that violates forum rules-

lol the cause of the first wreck was "unknown". if you ask me, that just says "we really really really REALLY don't wanna tell ya"
    Unknown? Did you not read your own source?

Sholes, seriously injured when he crashed a cruiser in January 2013 during a pursuit, told Waynesboro police he lost control of the cruiser after two deer darted into the roadway, according to Walker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    No worries, self driving cars are a thing already. Very soon no one will be driving and no more accidents
    We should ban all cars because criminals use them to commit crimes and terrorist have used them to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unknown? Did you not read your own source?
    http://www.nbc29.com/story/20524555/...-cause-unknown

its only now that it's said deer darted in front of his vehicle but before the cause was unknown lol. ive hit a deer before. that's not something you forget.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I agree he should be more cautious but I'm curious what kind of trouble you think a private citizen would get into for getting into a vehicle collision (accident). Assuming he has a license, didn't flee and wasn't drunk (neither claimed here), a private citizen wouldn't get into any more trouble than the deductible on his insurance. It kinda sucks that the taxpayers have to foot the bill, but its the cost of doing business where driving is one of your employees responsibilities. Even Uber covers their drivers while they serving customers. Unless the officer is all around crap, which also isn't claimed in this article, the cost of training a cop and then letting him go and hiring and training a replacement is probably much more expensive than the cost of fixing a cruiser.
    never said i wanted him to lose his job

We should ban all cars because criminals use them to commit crimes and terrorist have used them to kill.
    These won't be possible with self driving cars. And I mean ones without steering wheel at all

Obviously each accident an officer is involved in should be scrutinized to ensure the officer is not at fault, as for the time frame. Not exactly an issue, seems rather fewer than one might expect considering the advanced driving skills used by the police in the discharging of their duty. If the officer is ultimately responsible for the accidents, they should probably have their pay docked to pay for the cruiser repairs/replacement.
    If their actions are deemed reckless, it might be best they receive a punishment be it unpaid leave, or even sacking.

I'm a little disappointed they're not missile cruisers. Why are police cars called cruisers? They're just cars...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I agree he should be more cautious but I'm curious what kind of trouble you think a private citizen would get into for getting into a vehicle collision (accident).
    also i wanted to follow up on this

the "one" red is referring to is a reckless driving charge. the second one he describes in his sentence, i can only presume to be an animal. basically if you lose control of your car here in VA it's a reckless driving charge.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-04-25 at 03:33 PM.

If he crashes another cruiser send him to a defensive driving course.

http://dgs.ca.gov/orim/Programs/DDTOnlineTraining.aspx

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You literally appear in two types of threads
    Well I'm sure it seems that way when on the other side of the spectrum you have someone who copy pastas about literally everything. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    He will post in only two thread types. He seems to always know when they are posted

1. Gun related is a given.

2. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well, probably because it's not a cop bashing thread unless you're just super offended by the idea of officers being subject to scrutiny by citizens.
    Because over time you pickup the subtle (and not so subtle) hints.

"How do you feel about having to pay for this, knowing a regular citizen would be in much more trouble right now after demonstrating they are incapable of operating a vehicle in a straight line?"

I mean first of all I am not sure "much more trouble" he is referring to if someone managed to have a single car accident (in the rain no less) other than a dented wallet and or insurance hike.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-04-25 at 04:52 PM.

i really don't remember saying anything like he should be fired. i just said that he's an idiot who clearly doesn't know how to drive and that he should face the same punishments as a regular citizen.
    Which is? He get higher insurance premiums?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, sometimes cops wanna go 2 fast 2 furious too.

lol if it sprinkles around here there are wrecks b.c. of the rain, past few days it has rained daily and the number of wrecks is staggering. also yes in even a little bit of rain (actually more dangerous than a lot in some ways) you can wreck in strait line with just a bit of bad luck. why would a regular citizen be in trouble for a single car accident? Never heard of that outside of them have a DUI/DWI type deal....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hydroplaning isn't something that happens merely because of careless driving in bad weather conditions. It can happen to the best of drivers, and those drivers may not always be able to recover safely and quickly. Several factors can cause it to happen, many of which are out of the drivers control.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaplaning
    Indeed. I once went practically sideways around a very wide (maybe 60m diameter) roundabout at about 25km/h in a Ford Transit van, when there was extremely light rain. Road surfacing defects can cause all sorts of fun. I was lucky enough not to hit anything, it is a very busy junction, and I crawled the van off the roundabout at about 10km/h.