Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New low for the British Labor party?

I almost choked on my morning coffee when I stumbled across this. And then proceeded to lol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ection-slogan/

How desperate and lacking any policy of substance!

Uk has a minimum of 28 days annual leave as it is!

More days off! Why complain? Jeremy is a hero imo. He is right poor growth of the economy is not the fault of the ordinary brit who supports the labour party.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    More days off! Why complain? Jeremy is a hero imo. He is right poor growth of the economy is not the fault of the ordinary brit who supports the labour party.
    And free sweets too at the polling booth! (Labor votes only)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    And free sweets too at the polling booth! (Labor votes only)
    Are you even British? I just notice you're spelling labour wrong. Now it makes sense why you're waking up at 4:30 pm

Refer to the chart on this page (the page content is not relevant to the discussion it is just the chart)

Adding 4 days to that will just bring it more in line with other countries. Not a ground breaking policy, but it isn't exactly a bad one. Public holidays inject money into the economy and its a day off, what's bad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Are you even British? I just notice you're spelling labour wrong. Now it makes sense why you're waking up at 4:30 pm
    Yes! And I shall be voting, living in San Jose the last 6 years has taken its toll obviously

Im worried i wont get to enjoy them < works in customer service.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Please don't link to the torygraph to start a discussion on anything regarding labour. It's rightly counted as propaganda.

Yes! And I shall be voting, living in San Jose the last 6 years has taken its toll obviously
    Brings us up to parity with the other G20 nations as well as injecting a little unionism in there. More logical corbyn policies that make sense people for some reason love to scorn because I dunno he's a commie or something.

The telegraph is a horrible newspaper. You might as well as get your news from the bin.

Well I had hopped the British people needed a little more than "Make Britain Great Again" apparently free holidays was enough though

Well I had hopped the British people needed a little more than "Make Britain Great Again" apparently free holidays was enough though
    I am merely wondering what you think is wrong with the policy? Like I said it's not a major head turner, but it's not exactly a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    I am merely wondering what you think is wrong with the policy? Like I said it's not a major head turner, but it's not exactly a bad idea.
    The country is at an unprecedented and monumental turning point and he decides to use a spot on prime time television to tout more vacation!

Hes desperately appealing to his base in the only way he can; lacking any decent economic policy doesn't matter anyway since they wouldn't know it from their elbow and hes pro EU so thats a no go with Labours Northern base. Hes scraping the barrel!

Edit: Also Mr Bean hasn't been popular since the late 90's so he really needs a makeover.

The country is at an unprecedented and monumental turning point and he decides to use a spot on prime time television to tout more vacation!

Hes desperately appealing to his base in the only way he can; lacking any decent economic policy doesn't matter anyway since they wouldn't know it from their elbow and hes pro EU so thats a no go with Labours Northern base. Hes scraping the barrel!

Edit: Also Mr Bean hasn't been popular since the late 90's so he really needs a makeover.
    I do find it amusing you actually made an edit to personally insult him. Regardless, you appear to have more of a problem with the timing of the policy more than the policy itself. The Tory economic policy hasn't exactly been all that considering the amount of damage it has done to services all in the name of efficiency. Also to point out one of the strongest Northern bases for Labour is Liverpool, they voted to remain so... I wouldn't say ALL labour voters in the North are Anti-EU.

I do find it amusing you actually made an edit to personally insult him.
    That was the purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, you appear to have more of a problem with the timing of the policy more than the policy itself.
    This is also true.

Deleted
    blegh i hate bank holidays, just increase the paid holidays days to 28, dont make tesco close at 5 please

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    blegh i hate bank holidays, just increase the paid holidays days to 28, dont make tesco close at 5 please
    Just go early or do the shopping in advance of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Just go early or do the shopping in advance of it.
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    No!
    Have a heart for those who work in retail and do not want to deal with customers on a bank holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Have a heart for those who work in retail and do not want to deal with customers on a bank holiday.
    But how else can a Bank Holiday inject cash into the economy!?