Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a way to put all the blame on the person who "put you in the friendzone" like we are supposed to have sex with someone just because they are nice to us and want to have sex with us. Another way to say "put you in the friendzone" would be "they like you enough to hang out with you but they won't go farther", which is the same but it's harder to accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    But with the friendzone you get the possibility of a relationship dangled in front of you and you're such a sad fool suffering of oneinitis that you don't realise you're wasting your time and energy on trash.
    I disagree. I would call this being lead on, and strung along. This is not how I view the Friend Zone.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7 pages of bait... Well this is MMO-C. You guys know you do this topic at least once a year on here right?

There are two ways I see "friendzone".

The first are those hopeless romantics, that get really upset a friend won't love them because they connect on a friendly level. We get it, people get crushes etc. But that doesn't mean it goes both ways. For these cases, I don't think the word friendzone applies.

Then you have the type of friendzone where the person is PAINFULLY and OBVIOUSLY aware that the the other party is in love/has a crush, and takes advantage of him/her.
    Like calling them up for rides, having them do stuff for you, paying for stuff etc. That person is definitely in the friendzone.

That's my take on it anyway.

Yeah.

Kids reading this, don't do that shit.

A date is a 50-50 activity and if you have to pay for her to spend time with you, you're doing it wrong.
    Not everything has to be "equal". We also did plenty together that didn't cost money, so it's not like I was paying for her to want to be with me. We had picnics together almost every day (we worked together and every lunch we ate together) and I would often go to her apartment and we would make dinner together, watch a movie... But yes, when we went to a movie or bowling, or the zoo... of course I paid. I wouldn't want it any other way.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    7 pages of bait... Well this is MMO-C. You guys know you do this topic at least once a year on here right?
    Month. Once a month.

And I will chime in on it every single time until young men start to learn to not be pathetic little puppy dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.

Kids reading this, don't do that shit.

A date is a 50-50 activity and if you have to pay for her to spend time with you, you're doing it wrong.
    Different strokes and all that.

I've always paid for dates, not because I was attempting to buy her affection, but because I wanted to treat her to a nice night out.

I am a little older though, so I still have pre-millennial values in me.

there is no such things as the friend zone..

thats just a label that male failures came up with in order to justify spending time with girls who obviously have zero interest on them as mating companions.

There's no reason to be ashamed of wanting to have sex with someone, really.

That whole '' YOU JUST WANTED ME FOR SEX, OUR FRIENDSHIP ISN'T REAL " is just manipulation, trying to shift the blame on you when you finally realise that you got let on and cut off that toxic person from your life.
    I've read some bullsh*t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Not everything has to be "equal". We also did plenty together that didn't cost money, so it's not like I was paying for her to want to be with me. We had picnics together almost every day (we worked together and every lunch we ate together) and I would often go to her apartment and we would make dinner together, watch a movie... But yes, when we went to a movie or bowling, or the zoo... of course I paid. I wouldn't want it any other way.
    You were feeding into a toxic entitled mindset that has no place in the third millennium.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Month. Once a month.

And I will chime in on it every single time until young men start to learn to not be pathetic little puppy dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Different strokes and all that.

I've always paid for dates, not because I was attempting to buy her affection, but because I wanted to treat her to a nice night out.

I am a little older though, so I still have pre-millennial values in me.
    And how many times did she treat you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I've read some bullsh*t.
    What bullshit? It's literally what happens.

Women shame men for wanting sex all the time.

Like when a girl sleeps with a dude expecting a relationship and then she gets mad at him for ''stringing her along'' when he never said he wants one.

It's manipulation 101.

The thing that's hilarious is that if you call out a woman for it you get crucified. But men get crucified for wanting sex from women all the time.

Just like women weaponise sex, men weaponise commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in the minds of people who get shot down by someone they've a crush on who likes them as a friend, but do not see them as partner material. This would be primarily as a way to try to rationalise why they got shot down and it not being them that's the reason, to protect their ego.

Sensible people on the other hand will realise not everyone is interested in everyone else. You probably wouldn't want to consider a relationship with every single woman you know even if she's your friend. Chances are, if you feel that way about some of them, some do the same about you and consider it merely platonic in potential.

In simpler terms, stop viewing women like they aren't just normal people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how many times did she treat you?
    1 shot dates were just 1 shots. Though those I end up in a relationship, it becomes an equal opportunity arrangement.

My g/f who i've been with for over 8 years (almost 9) split everything 50/50.

I just have have it ingrained in me to pay on the first date.

Women shame men for wanting sex all the time.

Like when a girl sleeps with a dude expecting a relationship and then she gets mad at him for ''stringing her along'' when he never said he wants one.

It's manipulation 101.
    Yeah, too bad more often than not the man forgets to make his intentions crystal clear before having sex! He will take the sex and THEN tell her he is not so much into her but wants to stay friend! See what happen? Men can and will friend-zone women too because they are more than capable of manipulation too... Do not play the victim card when both genders will be assholes in relationships at times.

10+ Year Old Account

It's manipulation 101.

Like when a man pretends to want a friendship with a woman to get laid - when she never said she wanted to? Indeed "manipulation 101".

Yes, men and woman can be friends. If you only want to bang the other - speak your mind and do it, or move on.
    Last edited by Fluffernut; 2017-04-25 at 04:36 PM. Reason: bad spelling and grammar /smacks hand

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    It absolutely is, unfortunately. The guys who get caught in it typically don't know what it looks like - either ever or until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Yeah, too bad more often than not the man forgets to make his intentions crystal clear before having sex! He will take the sex and THEN tell her he is not so much into her but wants to stay friend! See what happen? Men can and will friend-zone women too because they are more than capable of manipulation too... Do not play the victim card when both genders will be assholes in relationships at times.
    I don't play the victim card at all.

1 shot dates were just 1 shots. Though those I end up in a relationship, it becomes an equal opportunity arrangement.
    Then wait until it becomes a relationship to throw money out the window.

Paying money just for a chance at sex is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    Yes. And it's mostly weak-minded males who confuse girls for objects that are only there to have sex with, and can't comprehend that the opposite sex can be "just friends". Also, these same folks think that just because they like a girl, it automatically means the girl has the same feelings. That isn't how the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post

It's manipulation 101.

Like when a man pretends to want a friendship with a woman to get laid - when she never said she wanted to? Indeed "manipulation 101".

Yes, men and woman can be friends. If you only want to bang the other - speak your mind and do it, or move on.
    Many times it starts as the former and ends in the latter.

You'll still get shamed for it.

Society in general has turned into something that hates masculinity.

You can thank feminism for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Yes. And it's mostly weak-minded males who confuse girls for objects that are only there to have sex with, and can't comprehend that the opposite sex can be "just friends". Also, these same folks think that just because they like a girl, it automatically means the girl has the same feelings. That isn't how the world works.
    Hear hear. I have many male friends, we have many common interests - sleeping together is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then wait until it becomes a relationship to throw money out the window.

Paying money just for a chance at sex is moronic.
    You misunderstand. I don't date for sex. I date for relationships. If I am treating the woman to a nice evening, I see her as more than a piece of ass.

For sex, I'll just pick up some chick at the bar. I don't pay for sex in the way you are assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You misunderstand. I don't date for sex. I date for relationships. If I am treating the woman to a nice evening, I see her as more than a piece of ass.

For sex, I'll just pick up some chick at the bar. I don't pay for sex in the way you are assuming.
    Well I don't know what age you're from but nowadays you have sex before you become exclusive.