Saving AP missions for next AK

Does anyone know if you will gain the next AK level from your AP mission if you've started it, but don't complete it until you learn the next AK level?

For Example:
    - Monday: [AK level 26] Start mission
    - Tuesday: Learn AK 27
    - Wednesday: Complete and redeem AP rewards

Will your token be based on 27 or 26?

its based on when you turn it in. Ive done this numerous times myself.

yep it will be 27, works well with challenge mission

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Does anyone know if you will gain the next AK level from your AP mission if you've started it, but don't complete it until you learn the next AK level?

For Example:
    - Monday: [AK level 26] Start mission
    - Tuesday: Learn AK 27
    - Wednesday: Complete and redeem AP rewards

Will your token be based on 27 or 26?
    My understanding and what I've experienced is that any item you have received will adjust. So far the items I've seen change has been world quests, missions, and the weekly chest for mythic+ completion. Some addons will even tell you that you can wait for certain WQ's until after your next AK has become available and the mythic+ weekly chest was simply comparing what I got by waiting and completing the dungeon as a friend who didn't wait.

I can't answer your question, but the gain per AK is approximately ~30%. If this would work, leaving finished missions only pays off if you'd only have to wait a couple of hours, otherwise the disadvantage of having idle followers is bigger.

27. Like with quest rewards the AP item uses the AK multiplier that you have when you receive it.
    Note: If you're using the mobile app and you use the Knowledge Research there the AP items will be displaying their previous values, however that's just a caching issue. If you restart the app or check in game the AP items will higher so feel free to grab them after you increase your AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    My understanding and what I've experienced is that any item you have received will adjust. So far the items I've seen change has been world quests, missions, and the weekly chest for mythic+ completion. Some addons will even tell you that you can wait for certain WQ's until after your next AK has become available and the mythic+ weekly chest was simply comparing what I got by waiting and completing the dungeon as a friend who didn't wait.
    You are incorrect in that items that you have received will NOT adjust. The value of the AP item is based upon your AK level at the time that you receive the item to your inventory. Nothing will change it past that point. So, if you do the quest but don't turn it in to actually receive the item, and then gain a level of AK and turn it in after that, you receive an item with a value based upon the new recently gained AK level. Same for order hall missions. You can complete the mission with your champions, but if you have a pending AK level, don't go claim the item until after you have learned the next level.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    You are incorrect in that items that you have received will NOT adjust. The value of the AP item is based upon your AK level at the time that you receive the item to your inventory. Nothing will change it past that point. So, if you do the quest but don't turn it in to actually receive the item, and then gain a level of AK and turn it in after that, you receive an item with a value based upon the new recently gained AK level. Same for order hall missions. You can complete the mission with your champions, but if you have a pending AK level, don't go claim the item until after you have learned the next level.
    Example, you can do this will the Balance of Power quest. You unlock the new skins but can wait to turn in the quest for a few AK for a bump in AP. Also, same goes for the quest to get Gul'dan's eye. Was originally 700k AP at AK25, but is worth a couple million now.