Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't know I am an altoholic so this entire expansion is killing me, I can barely keep up yet I still cannot just decide to just play 2-3 characters and focus on the rest later at the inevitable time between 7.3 and 8.0
    Same. I think it's like hrs of play time x numbers of characters = % satisfaction with the content. I'm grinding with 12 and have a very hard time keeping up, so the "bring me a nethershard" quests don't bother me in the least. That's me though. If I had just one or two I'd probably agree that it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    People have been asking for class quest chains since BC. All the thumbs I have UP for making it play a little different depending which class I play.
    Yes, this is best thing in Legion in my opinion. It worked fantastic on 7.0, when we had Suramar outside of class campaign. But if they have less resources for middle patch, they could used that for everyone. For example:

- on first week of 7.2 we would get intro and daily stuff + our class chapter with follower as reward,
    - on every next week we would get random chapter from the pool + usual Legionfall quest on top of that.

It would take no extra work, but look more like Insurrection. Notice that they created only 10 questchains for 7.1 (9 chapters of Insurrection + Karazhan attunement) but it felt so different from what we how now. And now they created far more questing content: 12 chapters for every class + 4 invasion scenarios + 7 artifact questchains + 12 class mounts quests + ton of new world quests + some of Legionfall chapters actually have story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    F*cking hell, people have issues... While I can hardly find time to do everything there is to do in WoW daily.

"OMG, GIVE US NEW QUESTS ALL THE TIME!!!"

I actually like it the way it is.

- - - Updated - - -

There is only one lesson to be learnt - people will never be happy no matter what they do.
    this, every time.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    People are missing the point

The issue is people expected and rightfully so a story progression on the Broken Shore not irrelevant quests that offer zero progression every week

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    This is the part i don't get.

I can log in and have every WQ and rare killed on the island in 10 minutes. And unless i want to torture myself with Sentinax stuff there is nothing else.
    Sign me with this. I seriously do not understand what the hell people are doing on the broken shore. You come there, do 3-6 world quests in like 15 minutes (killing "rares" and gathering chests in process), and you're done. Do they like do mindless sentinax mobgrind or what? O_O
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    So this weeks quest exists...
    Basically do the sentinax farm and gather 100 of the quest item while you do it. Then you hand it in and nothing.

The weeks go by and this patch still has very little to do.
    The Suramar weekly quests were A LOT more in depth than these. At least their weekly quests actually involved multiple quests that actually took longer than 2 minutes to do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Calling it the "worst" is wrong but the Patch was definitely overhyped. IF it wasn't gated at all or at least as gated it would have been way better.
    If not gated: - Start as normal
    - stop your advance to defend invaded zones, so you have a reason to stop doing things on the broken shore
    - learn to control yourself and collect shards to buy more expensive stuff, you get send to kill shit under the Sentinaxx so you learn about that
    [maybe other shit that would introduce you to broken shore mechanics (can't find the post which said what comes next)]
    - Storyprogression towards the last few weeks, here gating is ok

The follower could be gated or not, it does have little to do with the timing. Between Palas, DKs and Hunters, the only ones that really do something significant are DKs with their Dragons where I would argue it should be placed later due to the destruction, the others take care of ore minor things.
    Overall they could cut the gating at least in half instead of the garbage we have right now. While there is also some other new stuff like some dailies in old zones, they are not really different to old ones, similarily adding Kara to M+ isn't really new. Cathedral is something new, but the Balance was complete shit initially. I wasn't there since the nerfs but some friends said it's still worse than most other M+ instances. The cheap Tokengear is literally the same as in Tanaan except it has a higher ILVL.
    It basically comes down to more dailies, a general ILVL bump and hat buildings give you, which is more of a one-time thing
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2017-04-25 at 05:59 PM.

the way that should be done: Suramar to Nighthold story or the MoP throne of thunder island

quests that you see that you are progressing, can even be 1 quest only but see progress like it was on those 2 patchs

now 7.2? lol. The only thing i saw that i progressed on Broken Shore was making appearing that WQ on a cave, everything else is the same from day 1

way to go blizzard, way to go

oh well just waiting for some kill x demons weekly at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The next three weeks:

1. Kill 5 rares
    2. Complete 12 world quests on the Broken Shore
    3. Kill 100 Demons on the Broken Isles.

Talk about campaign development lol..
    That moment when...I am not even sure anymore if kidding or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People are missing the point

The issue is people expected and rightfully so a story progression on the Broken Shore not irrelevant quests that offer zero progression every week
    Exactly this. I expected a reason to breach the tomb. At this rate the Legion can keep the Tomb.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same shit as they did with the archaeology quests. Promise fun and interesting quests, they all eventually boil down to a few lines of quest text and an objective that's literally "go do what you've always been doing". No creativity at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Ya I don't understand. The Broken Shore is providing some awesome content so far!
    Like what?

Dailies? Done them all, most many time.

Elites? Meh, done them. Same as above, many time.
    Sentinax farming? Mindless AOEing hoping to tag bosses is 'awesome'?
    Invasions? Done them all, some several times.
    CoEN? Done it. Don't need to the gear, don't care about transmog from it.

Here's the thing: I've done all of that multiple times (I'm midway through revered). What else is there? Nothing.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-25 at 07:39 PM.

The quest is pathetic and just utter garbage, but after last week the bar has been set so low, this shit is actually an improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The quest is pathetic and just utter garbage, but after last week the bar has been set so low, this shit is actually an improvement.
    Indeed. If I was playing on my second week of WoW, this would be by far my favourite weekly quest ever...

I also never in my life imagined we would reach a point where someone would compare another patch to 6.1.

But here we are.

Well, to be honest I vastly prefer a quick nethershard quest than this 1,5 hours of mindless aoeing grey trash quest. Especially because I play a spec that has no aoe (shadow priest, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Indeed. If I was playing on my second week of WoW, this would be by far my favourite weekly quest ever...

I also never in my life imagined we would reach a point where someone would compare another patch to 6.1.

But here we are.
    Essentially nothing has changed since WoD, heck Cata or even earlier. Blizzard could tripple their team and they still would not be able to keep a constant stream of decent content coming. They just masked that now by giving us half patches. The wait for the next expansion will probably be another year+ as well, where bugger all will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, to be honest I vastly prefer a quick nethershard quest than this 1,5 hours of mindless aoeing grey trash quest. Especially because I play a spec that has no aoe (shadow priest, lol).
    20minutes for hitting 6 elites (only one dropped 3 shards though) and otherwise killing 2 rares (each worth 44 shards) which are shared.

Admittedly, both were terrible in their own way and I see your point. Still, I went with "at least it's content" approach, where last week wasn't even worth pitty laugh.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-04-25 at 08:38 PM.

Good luck farming 100 shards when you can't even manage a tag or get out of combat. This quest is a fucking shit show and the combat bug has gotten worse as the xpac has gone on.

EDIT: why are these elites fucking factions tagged? This is horrible quest design. As usual.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-04-25 at 08:40 PM.

20minutes for hitting 6 elites (only one dropped 3 shards though) and otherwise killing 2 rares which are shared.
    You were lucky. "Rares" are spawned by an item which drops from mobs. Although it'd be logical if a rare spawns every x% of killed mob overall HP/time passed on killing mobs, Blizzard, as usual in legion, spitted on the logic and put their pet RNG here as well. Also, 2 rares are not enough, you need either 3 rares or fight for elites which don't have 100% quest item drops.

7.2 has massive amounts of stuff to do if youre a real gamer and play many games. So stupid to ask for content when you play wow as much as you work

So this weeks quest exists...
    Basically do the sentinax farm and gather 100 of the quest item while you do it. Then you hand it in and nothing.

The weeks go by and this patch still has very little to do.
    I was stumped when I didn't get a follow up quest.